Other Another complaint, 20 Caliber?

If industry folks are watching this, be aware. The fans of the 20 caliber are many and we will buy guns and pellets. I am buying a few of all projectiles I can find. But if it gets too difficult to find I will do my own. I already swage lead .357, jacketed .224, jackets from 22 LR cases, 357 jacketeds, ... Buying a set of dies for pellets isn't insurmountable. But I prefer buying complete guns and a few hundred pellets at a time. I truly dislike waiting on an HW 90 in 20 when I should be able to pay and ship in the same day. I have a Sheridan and a HW 95 in 20 and a Tim McMurry pistol. PLEASE make the guns and pellets more available !¡! Be Well Brothers, Bandito.

A friend I've never met from the GTA gun forum tried a couple years back to email gun makers about the possibility of bringing a .20 cal rifle back to market and got a resounding no, we're not interested and not on the drawing boards answer from all of them. That included pellets and it was something I wrote to both H&N and JSB to ask about after JSB came out with their King Heavy 15.89gr pellets. Both replied that no, they weren't working on anything and had no plans to.
Knowing that was part of why I took a shot to pester Travis Whitney in his thread in the Industry Gate about their new line of rifles and pellets in .177. He said they listen to the public (claim to anyway...lol) so I replied and said if they actually do, start making those new JTS springers in .20 cal and come out with a few new pellets to go with them, especially a couple weights of wadcutters. Maybe if a bunch more fans jumped on board, they might actually listen like they claim to and start making their supposedly "game changing" rifles in .20 caliber.
I own now 10 rifles in .20 caliber (and always looking) myself, have been buying pellets here and there since I got the first one 5 years or so ago and have a pretty healthy stash. Granted, the Daystate and Weihrauch branded pellets are just relabeled H&N and JSB, but it still gave you some options while you could still get them from AoA, if they were out of stock on the H&N and JSB branded.
The JTS thread in the Industry Gate. By all means, chime in yourselves and get all your .20 shooting friends to also:

"WE" are a small group indeed . Even that it has been proven the .20 is a very very capable wonderful Caliber . several manufactures have abandoned this caliber as sales declined . like everything it is all about the money .

i be happy esp with the H&N's
IMG_7390.jpeg

Trenier usually has both versions of the JSB's in stock and at the best prices. The H&N FTT's can usually be gotten from the usual online retailers, only downside nowadays being they went from 500 count tins to 250 count tins.
Even Hatsan USA, who sells H&N pellets, carries the .20 cal FTT's. Just got some from them when they had their 20% off deal going and they pack very well.

Reactions: Bandito
Crosman makes a great U.S.A made pellet. CPHP. When they came out with the 22 caliber pellet, in a tin of 500, for $6, I bought nearly 100 tins. Would never pay twice or three times for 22 caliber. I love the 5mm also. Same principle applies. They are $12 for 200. Are you listening Crosman??? That’s as much as 22 long rifle! I shoot my 5mm Sheridan when I get in the mood to buy gold.

Reactions: sekiar and Bandito
Superior, best, whatever adjective you want to use? Nah, it's just another caliber but a very capable one and just as capable as .177, .22 and .25, which are calibers I also own and multiples of each. Those of us who shoot and enjoy it all say basically that same thing. Targets or pesting, .20 caliber will do it just as well as any rifle in the other 3 calibers and one I enjoy or I wouldn't own the 10 rifles I do.
Guns? Can't disagree and these days it's either wait for Weihrauch, find something on the used market which is where my last couple have come from or have something custom built and why i mentioned JTS and their new springers in my earlier post.
Ammo? No, not a lot made. What is, is the cream of the crop and will work well in whatever rifle you might well decide to buy and try. Why do you need to have 40, 50, 60+ choices? Why do you think one of the first questions asked when someone gets a new gun is "If you have one, what pellets work best for you in yours?". Wait. You have a caliber with a crazy amount of choices and what many seem to want, but just asked here what to buy try??
In .20, I can get a new to me rifle, pick the 4 choices made off my shelf, test them all and 2 or 3 of them will shoot well for me.

I always felt that Beeman pushed .20 because RWS (his competitor) didn't offer .20 cal airguns. Of course I can't prove that.

I've owned two .20 cal airguns. A Beeman R-10 and a Sheridan blue streak. Quite honestly, I didn't see anything magical about .20. They were both fine guns, but I don't think it was the caliber that made them good. Besides, you can buy .22 pellets that are lighter than .20 pellets and you can buy .177 that are heavier. I know there's more to it than that, but it's no big deal to me.

I just checked AOA's.20 cal. pellet selection...H&N 11.42 and
13.58's in stock...JSB 13.73's and 15.89's in stock...Had good luck with all
...especially the 11.42's, I never had the least bit of trouble getting .20 ammo...my first PCP I bought in 2004 was a .20 cal. I'm fortunate to own a .20 cal Huntsman Regal...I did a thread a couple years ago how sad that the Huntsman in .20 is "extinct" now except in collections....
1000001808.jpg
1000001807.jpg
Just the fact an airgun is in "that caliber" something a little different, makes them appealing. Mine shoots 11.42's and 13.73's so well brings tears to my old eyes. I have a .20 HW97 also don't ask me to sell or trade either one...the Regal in particular. I know a boat load of people our there are .20cal fans and there are some sweet .20's lurking in their collections. New ones to be offered to the industry....I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm a huge. 20 fan boy😂 I think it's just the psychological gratification of having a "rare" or "special" caliber.also, usually any rifle that is in .20 is going to be a high quality rifle....no .20 gamo swarms floating around🤣 on the other hand, I find them to be the best of both worlds between .177 and .22, a projectile that hits hard like a .22, but flys flat like a .177, at least that's what "they" say.

If industry folks are watching this, be aware. The fans of the 20 caliber are many and we will buy guns and pellets. I am buying a few of all projectiles I can find. But if it gets too difficult to find I will do my own. I already swage lead .357, jacketed .224, jackets from 22 LR cases, 357 jacketeds, ... Buying a set of dies for pellets isn't insurmountable. But I prefer buying complete guns and a few hundred pellets at a time. I truly dislike waiting on an HW 90 in 20 when I should be able to pay and ship in the same day. I have a Sheridan and a HW 95 in 20 and a Tim McMurry pistol. PLEASE make the guns and pellets more available !¡! Be Well Brothers, Bandito.
That only happens if a market exists… The .20, whatever it capabilities will always be a stepchild… The .20 shooter should be glad they’re produced at all given the small market compared to .177, .22 and .25 pellets. I simply have zero interest in a .20 anything. And I did own a Silver Streak in my long ago youth, but that was then… If the .20 were that awesome, then this thread wouldn’t exist.🙀

I'm a firm believer that .20 is the superior airgun caliber. But due to lack of available options from both gun and projectile makers.... I have 0/9 airguns in this caliber.
If the .20 were truly superior? Then it would reflect in competition and in the field, and the market would follow… But its not the case… Bullistics aside? .177 and .22 and even .25 simply outselll the .20 and “practically perform as well. The .20 shooter should be grateful that they’re manufactured at all. The .20 shooter is simply in the minority, the market, and real world results have spoken.

Reactions: Bandito