another Barra 1866

The first time I saw the Barra 1866 rifles I loved it, so I bought two. I've shot one quite a bit and it is my favorite pumper-upper. The second one, I checked well for condition, put it away, still in the box. A few days ago, when I went to my favorite local pawn shop, they had another new one, so for $40 I bought it two. If any of my shooting buddies tries it and likes it as well as I do, I might let it go. If not, I have three grandsons so each of them might get one later. 

been there done that. :) daisy 599 10m competition rifle. a clone of the BSA silver streak i think. or the other way around.

daisy599_rawimage002.1648034526.jpg
daisy599_withscopedec312020a.1648034527.jpg

they're cute, but not very accurate. want something similar in style but punch way more 10's, get a daisy 499b

https://www.airgundepot.com/daisy-avanti-499.html

respectfully the barra 1866 i got is very accurate out to thirty yards easy 1 inch bullseyes and its half the price of the daisy and ten pumps hits 670 fps .

Ditto! Mine and a friends both are quite accurate. Very easy to pump. Got the youth model for my grandson. A different kind of fun. Probably not for city slickers. But sometimes you just got to be a cowboy!

EDE89990-E76E-43A0-BB2E-C9D6235639D1.1648152579.jpeg
54B3DD9C-81A1-4CEA-923C-CE78B1CFD0C9.1648152579.png

Reactions: benderville
don't believe it, let's see. :)

and 10 pumps, really? ugh, might as well get a break-barrel. :p

have you personally shot one i do not claim i could i can put ten pellets out of ten into a 1 inch circle but three will be in the rest will be with in a three inch circlre i am talking pellets rws wad cutters not bbs as far as pumping it pumps just as easy as a daisy 880 and i rarely pump over 6 times shooting thirty yards as far as 670 fps thats ten pumps cphp i did not make that number up thats what the chrony said i have no video capabilty right now but there is already one other here that says his gun is as good i am sure there are others .i have nothing against daisys i own a few and am not a barra salesman just like to see a neat style western rifle get the credit it deserves.

just came in from shooting barra 1866 shot 30 rds at thirty yards 8 pumps rws wads this is best ten of thirty have no proof sure i could have made this up but have no reason to as i really dont care this is the last ten of thirty because i set all my open site guns up as close as i can get sites then shoot kentucky windage style and it always takes a few shots to remember where each gun shoots but this is very repersentive of what my 1866 will do .as far as blowing my own horn yeah i am a good shot should be am retired and shoot 500 rds a week.
WIN_20220324_16_42_23_Pro.1648155095.jpg

wadcutters in my experience usually ain't great for 20Y and beyond. round heads usually, but whatever works for ya. don't take this too personally folks, it's just my opinion. for 80 bucks, it's a good deal, but eh, i'd be frustrated with the accuracy. never owned one, but never saw one do a 1" 10-shot group at 25Y+.