• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Another awesome Wildcat 1&2 mod from SMW

How many of you have went to insert a mag in the MK1& 2 Wildcats out in the woods, barrel pointing down(safety first!) only to find mag insertion to be a pain as the cocking lever wants to drop down(gravity for sure, at its finest), and you either have to raise the barrel(now not being safe) or you wish arthritis hasn’t taken away the other fingers you need just to insert the mag, and orient it so you hear that click on the indexing lever? You dread running out of shots on the mag, only to have to go thru that again. 

On the bench it’s not too bad, but on a run and gun squirrel hunt it can be frustrating, especially for the 30 caliber guys with the really fragile pellet probe. One bad misalignment with the probe into the magazine and you’ve just snapped off that wire edge.

well, my buddy Stuart at SMW Engineering has designed and made the interference fit cap for the rear of the block, that allows the rear of the pellet probe to cycle all the way back and attach to an earth magnet, this keeping your cocking latch held open so mag insertion is a breeze while safely pointing the barrel down. A big plus is the cap also covers the hammer adjustment port, and the two other ports that allow passage for the cocking assembly, which means less chances of debris getting in there. 

Just installed it on my 30 cal, and it works perfect. 

BA776563-41BA-4781-BE5F-A461CCA94B0D.1603923867.jpeg
5777A3B5-D035-49E1-8392-AE961C68383F.1603923869.jpeg
E7B17B73-FEE2-44AC-9C60-FC88BB00D122.1603923870.jpeg
2A270AAD-E31B-4FD6-A5AF-281F6676E337.1603923872.jpeg

Thank you, Stu, for another well designed product!

That’s awesome, KoolJoe. By chance who already had that cap? 

Good idea on the mag index mark.

Stu sells on eBay (Europe). You see before the beer virus you could access and order European sellers and Stu has been selling his fine 3D prints for some time and the shipping was surprisingly fast at that time 3 to 5 business days. Nowadays, everything is restricted and slow.

The mag indexing was not my idea, saw that on some guys YouTube video awhile back.

Hi Guys,

This cap is not available on eBay. I am not currently selling international on eBay because of all the issues with postage times and scammy buyers demanding money back for items that are late.

All my products are available on my Website where I can provide better customer service, talk freely without risking a ban and save my customers eBay fees.

The caps are here: 

Link to SMW Engineering Wildcat Cap

Tracked post to the US is £10.39, Untracked is £3.82 at buyers risk

To make an order from outside the UK message me your requirement and address through the website. Overeseas orders may be delayed by customs but usually take a week.

Stuart