• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Another 1st place finish at NRL22 today for your ol' pal Air Shootist! ;)

This morning I headed out to Aurora Sportsman's Club to shoot the July NRL22 event - in the airgun division, of course!
It was a fun day with lots of extremely experienced competitors, I saw many $5k+ rimfire rifles out there. Anywho, came in 1st for airgun, 4th overall. Not bad! That's my 4th NRL22 Airgun 1st place in a row using the FX Panthera .22 600mm with .218 30 grain Patriot Javelin slugs!

Oh, also - the jersey seen here will soon be available at www.myhighpressureair.com! It won't have your name on it like mine does but it's still super dope, and of course it is because I designed it! :cool:

Here are some pics!
1689534546242.png

1689534564389.png

1689534585581.png

1689534602311.png

1689534623063.png

1689534646481.png

1689534661078.png

Anyone else shooting the NRL22 matches? They are super fun and if you're thinking about getting into it, just do it! After my first one in March (which I was nervous for) I felt right at home at every subsequent event!

Thanks to FX, High Pressure Pneumatics, Kraford & Lypt, Aurora Sportsman's Club, and the NRL22 for all they do!

It was a good match today. Warren shot a really nice 403 (and change) and cleaned the KYL stage. I shot a 353. Not bad, maybe 8th overall? Scores haven't been posted yet.

Most important I've been improving each month. I don't feel like I made near as many mental mistakes today, and I didn't time out any stages. My target acquisition was much better, biggest issue I had last month. Next task is building better positions.

A big thanks to Warren, we practice a couple times a month together. It's helped a lot to get more comfortable with the rifle and the sport. One of these days I'll give him a run for his money 🤑

You shot great, dude! My main thing is I need to slow tf down. Finishing 2 minutes stages with a full minute left and several misses ain't cuttin' it - but realizing one of my weaknesses is the way to improve on it. And I think I'm finally ready to add those Kraford & Lypt Fat Bastard weights to the Panthera. I also need to compartmentalize that rifle as a competition gun and get it out of my head that it's some dual purpose hunting rig. While I love blasting critters with it, I have other guns for that.

Slow is smooth and smooth is Fast! ;)

Yeah slowing down and taking your time is always the killer. You haver 2 minutes so use them all. The stages are fun and great to show where you need to work and what needs to be done. Keep practicing and things will improve. Hell last match I messed my windage up and I ZEROED an entire stage! Was able to get a 450 this month, though again that was with my RimX. Next month I will use the airgun and see how things go.

Reactions: AirShootist
I almost always felt like I was rushed in NRL22 on the more complex stages. I think it stemmed from not being able to steady myself enough for the reticle to be where I wanted the shot to break at. Though my 22rf is pretty light at 10 lbs including the scope. My friend's Vudoo was twice that and it was waaaaaaay steadier.

Ha I've zeroed stages when I was sighted in well. I got cocky on KYL's a few times. It's a gamble.

I'd like to try a fully kitted out Panthera in NRL just for the fun of it.

Last edited: