Announcing the FX Impact MKII w/ FX Power Plenum

Ernest isn’t putting the increase in shot count down to purely the increase in the size of the plenum. 

The kit has a few new internal parts that can’t be overlooked. It has been developed as a package with all parts working together. This is the advantage of having a factory solution. They have done the reseach to optimise the way the plenum works in conjunction to valving ect. 

Dairyboy 

Agreed there's no way the increase can be 100%. Maybe the .30 would benefit the most as they struggled with power before but no way that much. Others would have done the same thing with the aftermarket products and haven't seen that yet.

+1 to you! What people tend to forget is that there is a finite amount of potential energy in a 480cc bottle at 250 bar. You can of course increase efficiency to a point, but the laws of physics are pretty strict. There’s no free lunch. The Impact has seen Evolutionary improvements, not Revolutionary increases in efficiency. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a great platform and is at the forefront of current Airgun technology. But power plenums are nothing new as Dairyboy stated in his above post. I actually think the revolutionary improvements will come in electronics as Daystate is currently developing with the Safari and follow on models.

Dairyboy 

Agreed there's no way the increase can be 100%. Maybe the .30 would benefit the most as they struggled with power before but no way that much. Others would have done the same thing with the aftermarket products and haven't seen that yet.

+1 to you! What people tend to forget is that there is a finite amount of potential energy in a 480cc bottle at 250 bar. You can of course increase efficiency to a point, but the laws of physics are pretty strict. There’s no free lunch. The Impact has seen Evolutionary improvements, not Revolutionary increases in efficiency. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a great platform and is at the forefront of current Airgun technology. But power plenums are nothing new as Dairyboy stated in his above post. I actually think the revolutionary improvements will come in electronics as Daystate is currently developing with the Safari and follow on models.

Of course some might say your opinion is biased now that you’re sponsored by Daystate. I’m skeptical of a 100% increase too but there’s more parts to the kit than just the plenum and Ernest is a stand up guy so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait until reviewers get their hands on these rifles and can test the shot count.

On another note, the Daystate electronics are amazing. If they can fit them into something around the form factor of the Impact with a large magazine which also isn’t heavy and ugly like they Pulsar, they’ll have a winner.

Maineiac 

Of course some might say your opinion is biased now that you’re sponsored by Daystate.

I’d like to clear something up and add a comment. 

I am not sponsored by Daystate. They offered to sponsor me and be part of the Wolf Pack but I said no. FYI, I also would have said no had FX made the same offer. I am however testing guns for AoA, but not exclusively Daystate. 

Also, don’t you think all the comments and reports about the new Mk2.5 Impact are from sponsored shooters, Fanboys, and reviewers? So it’s ok for them? Things that make you go hmmm.

And as far as sponsorship, I am working on a deal with AoA to sponsor a Team Centercut with 5 or 6 shooters to compete in RMAC, PAC and EBR in 2020 But we will be allowed to shoot any brand Airgun and use any scope that we want. In case you don’t remember, I won at EBR with an FX Bobcat (100 yard BR) and a Cricket mini Carbine (Speed Silo).

Hope that clears things up?

The internal improvements are more interesting to me than the larger plenum. They have been around for a long time! I think Ernest first did it maybe 2years ago? 
No one has jumped on the fact the Impact has yet another tuning criteria. You can now adjust the return spring. It’s no good stating the physics and comparing it to what is achievable with other available guns. 
You can adjust the dwell time on an electronic Daystate but the rest of the system is so different you can’t really compare them. I terms of physics how do you know exactly how many shots can be extracted from a 480cc bottle? 
This is new cutting edge technology unless there is another gun out there that has the ability to not only control how long the valve is open because of hammer weight and tension but also is adjustable on the other side of the hammer. An adjustable return spring. They’ve always had the valve stop but with a return spring. That return spring is now gone! The rubber ball is gone! The hammer is new! The whole system is new. 
Why try to shoot it down when you can’t possibly know! 

Airsupply, not shooting it down, just voicing my educated (Nuclear Engineer) opinion that 100% increase in shot count isn’t believable. I do believe they increased efficiency and that’s great. FX states 47% in their literature, and that’s absolute best case conditions.

FYI, I can adjust the valve spring tension on my Crickets and Vulcans, and it’s been that way for over five years, plus the power plenums have been in use at least four years. ;)

Sorry if you took it that way. I think the Impact is an awesome platform. 

Thanks Darren. I just see that's even 20€ cheaper in Spain than in The Netherlands ;)

Unfortunately not! Europe Airguns is based in the Canary Islands hence they are not including the VAT on their prices, but then those charges will be added during the check out process... so at the end its more or less the same or even more because shipping cost are normally higher. 👎🏼

Hammer Spring adjustment is of course old tech but that’s not what we’re talking about. It is an adjustable return spring that’s new. That’s my point this is new and not done before. There isn’t anything to compare it with. 
How it will affect shot count is unknown by we the consumers at this stage. Ernest actually said he got 5 or 6 shoots within the extreme spread as it came off reg he didn’t count! I do think these are the changes that are significant enough to warrant MK11 status but they went early on that. 
It will be interesting to see when people get them in there hands but until then it is all speculation. I have an Impact and a RedWolf and honestly enjoy shooting them equally. I’m not offended by criticism towards the Impact. They have said this has been 2 years in development and I’ll bet a lot of that was on the internal parts. 
It won’t be long before they are in people’s hands and we’ll get some reviews coming through.

It all fun and games 😊👍

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. I agree an externally adjustable valve spring is something new. But anyone that’s worked on Crickets and Vulcans knows the valve spring tension is adjustable, and has been for over five years. But the valve must be removed from the gun to do so, about a 15 minute job. It’s cool that the Impact can be adjusted externally so tuning can be done much more quickly. 
FYI, I’m done with this topic. We’ll all find out Exact performance once non sponsored shooters start reporting their findings. Until then, have a Happy New Year 🎊 

Also, don’t you think all the comments and reports about the new Mk2.5 Impact are from sponsored shooters, Fanboys, and reviewers? So it’s ok for them? Things that make you go hmmm.

You’re not wrong, and that’s why I said even though I give Ernest the benefit of the doubt I’m still waiting on regular people posting their shot counts to see what it ends up being in reality.

Yes rear block product number B-1 -19698 must have to be changed probably.

Do you mean part B21, part number 19698? Both MK1 and MK2 has the same part numbers?

Yes they have the same number but i am pretty sure the rear block for power plenum must me changed or modified for the FX first generation.

The larger volume version being produced in Poland fits any impact, just tell him MKI or MKII.

Thanks for your reply!

I already ordered FX Power Plenum kit from EuropeAirguns.

I have an Impact X cal .25 (600mm), serial number: 19007*. Do you know what is the difference between Impact X and Impact MK2 rear blocks? And is the MK2 rear block available as a spare part?

Thanks for your reply!

I already ordered FX Power Plenum kit from EuropeAirguns.

I have an Impact X cal .25 (600mm), serial number: 19007*. Do you know what is the difference between Impact X and Impact MK2 rear blocks? And is the MK2 rear block available as a spare part?

The rear blocks are the same. The MKII valve housing is different. Last I checked rear blocks could be purchased as a replacement and come with a new serial number.

All rear blocks are the same, don't worry about that. New power plenum can be retrofitted to all Impacts, my is mk1 later edition with reg piston 16mm, old valve housing but seriously modded.

I have plenum from Poland, second generation and it works great but ordered last night one power plenum from Europe airguns just for updated internals for valve, rod, hammer, valve stop etc... Few months back I even got by mistake from Greece mk2 valve housing with valve seat milled in it but bigger than 6,5mm and a little smaller than 7mm. Can not measure it, only tested diameter with drill bits, which can pass and which can not. In about ten days I hope, it will arrive.

All rear blocks are the same, don't worry about that. New power plenum can be retrofitted to all Impacts, my is mk1 later edition with reg piston 16mm, old valve housing but seriously modded.

I have plenum from Poland, second generation and it works great but ordered last night one power plenum from Europe airguns just for updated internals for valve, rod, hammer, valve stop etc... Few months back I even got by mistake from Greece mk2 valve housing with valve seat milled in it but bigger than 6,5mm and a little smaller than 7mm. Can not measure it, only tested diameter with drill bits, which can pass and which can not. In about ten days I hope, it will arrive.

Hi. 
Can i just buy the upgrade kit from Krale without further details? My gun is Impact X.