Announcing the FX Impact MKII w/ FX Power Plenum

I have the same Impact in .30, and while the current power is all I would ever need for pellets, if they can increase the shot count from 34 to 79 and get the same speeds as Giles shows in his video, I am very excited. The .30 uses a crap ton of air, and to be able to more than double the shot count would be HUGE to me. I would love the idea of being able to fill less and be much more efficient. This is definitely on my radar as an upgrade.

Here you boys go. Actually over 100% by his calculations...

For those in Europe whom asked where I got the Power Plenum; Krale expects a new shipment somewhere next week according to their site and they will sell them for €139 incl VAT.

Is it necessary to use the hammer weight if you are not going over 145b??

Hammer weight helps the VDT at low pressure with bigger plenum volume, but I'm not sure how much weight (if any) is needed with the opening moved further back in this new valve housing. My guess is that it would still be advantageous to supply enough energy for working the valve regardless.

I have the same Impact in .30, and while the current power is all I would ever need for pellets, if they can increase the shot count from 34 to 79 and get the same speeds as Giles shows in his video, I am very excited. The .30 uses a crap ton of air, and to be able to more than double the shot count would be HUGE to me. I would love the idea of being able to fill less and be much more efficient. This is definitely on my radar as an upgrade.

Here you boys go. Actually over 100% by his calculations...

Just reporting what was shown in one of the very few hands on videos to have been released on it. He is extremely popular, so it isn’t like I made it up. 

I've watched the video and never said you made it up. I have a pic of the shot string here. He definitely got that shot count but over a very large air pressure range. So it basically just made a larger range of usable pressure. But cut down to similar pressure say 250-150bar swing gained about 6 shots. 

1577989838_5006803035e0e36ce946594.05029440_Screenshot_20200102-083601~2.png

I've watched the video and never said you made it up. I have a pic of the shot string here. He definitely got that shot count but over a very large air pressure range. So it basically just made a larger range of usable pressure. But cut down to similar pressure say 250-150bar swing gained about 6 shots. 

1577989838_5006803035e0e36ce946594.05029440_Screenshot_20200102-083601~2.png

Does that really matter though? The bottom line is that there were 79 useable shots on the reg in .30 and that’s awesome. 

I agree with GQ... can you imagine cleaning 79 rabbits or squirrels after hunting all day? I don't know about the state you live in, but most states have a bag limit on game during hunting season and the rest of the time you are strictly forbidden from taking most any other game. In the State of Florida where I live you are allowed to take certain non-native invasive species like hogs, all year long with no hunting license required. However, there is a law against the "wanton taking of wildlife."

Which means you are walking a very fine line in this state to just go out and kill birds or other animals with your airgun just for the fun of killing things like people do in some places. In Everglades National Park and most other Wildlife Management Areas if you get caught with even a BB gun outside of hunting season you are going to jail and your boat, vehicle, and other gear will be confiscated. It is a well known fact here that our Florida Wildlife Officers take a damn dim view of people killing things just for the fun of it, and you had better have a damn good excuse if they catch you doing so. And helping Mother Nature rid the planet of something you consider a pest is not one of them!

True Hunters hunt for food, eat what they kill, and have empathy for the animals whose lives they take for that purpose. Period.

I agree with GQ... can you imagine cleaning 79 rabbits or squirrels after hunting all day? I don't know about the state you live in, but most states have a bag limit on game during hunting season and the rest of the time you are strictly forbidden from taking most any other game. In the State of Florida where I live you are allowed to take certain non-native invasive species like hogs, all year long with no hunting license required. However, there is a law against the "wanton taking of wildlife."

Which means you are walking a very fine line in this state to just go out and kill birds or other animals with your airgun just for the fun of killing things like people do in some places. In Everglades National Park and most other Wildlife Management Areas if you get caught with even a BB gun outside of hunting season you are going to jail and your boat, vehicle, and other gear will be confiscated. It is a well known fact here that our Florida Wildlife Officers take a damn dim view of people killing things just for the fun of it, and you had better have a damn good excuse if they catch you doing so. And helping Mother Nature rid the planet of something you consider a pest is not one of them!

True Hunters hunt for food, eat what they kill, and have empathy for the animals whose lives they take for that purpose. Period.

You do realize people also shoot at the range and in competitive events, right? Extra shot count isn’t just for hunters. Same with the high capacity magazines.

WOW! 79 shots in .30 caliber? I'm only getting 27 shots in .30 caliber...but that's at 130 ft lbs energy though... 
1f606.svg

What reg pressure?

Around 100. The video is very detailed.

Im not asking about the video, im asking the guy i quoted.

My bad. He referenced the same comment in that quote and people keep asking the same question. I see you were asking about his high power in the second part of his comment.

WOW! 79 shots in .30 caliber? I'm only getting 27 shots in .30 caliber...but that's at 130 ft lbs energy though... 
1f606.svg

What reg pressure?

Around 100. The video is very detailed.

Im not asking about the video, im asking the guy i quoted.

My bad. He referenced the same comment in that quote and people keep asking the same question. I see you were asking about his high power in the second part of his comment.

All good Smokey, yeah was a two part comment i wasnt overly clear.