Announcing the FX Impact MKII w/ FX Power Plenum

You probably need another rear unit.

Yes rear block product number B-1 -19698 must have to be changed probably.

Do you mean part B21, part number 19698? Both MK1 and MK2 has the same part numbers?

Yes they have the same number but i am pretty sure the rear block for power plenum must me changed or modified for the FX first generation.

The rear block has never changed!! Valve housing about 3 times 

Do you mean part B21, part number 19698? Both MK1 and MK2 has the same part numbers?

Yes they have the same number but i am pretty sure the rear block for power plenum must me changed or modified for the FX first generation.

I have received a new valve housing 2 weeks ago with integrated valve seat. This will fit with the new power plenum ?

I was wondering where this huge efficiency gain could come from and am starting to think it comes from larger temperature swings in the plenum:

As I’m envisioning it, the plenum ultimately reaches a pressure that is greater than where the regulator actually cuts off flow. As gas exits the cylinder and enters the plenum, there is a large drop in pressure that creates a corresponding temperature drop (we’ve all noticed the repeated 300bar to 120bar drops from successive shots can cause a noticeable chill); the initially-cold air sent into the plenum then warms to room temperature causing its pressure to rise beyond the regulator cutoff point.

The lower regulator settings available in a Power Plenum setup will cause even larger drops in pressure and, therefore, larger initial drops in temperature. So, this setup ends up “stealing” more energy from the ambient environment as the plenum temperature then equilibrates back up to room temperature.

If this theory is correct, the efficiency boost should be less on a cold day.

I’m relatively new to air gunning, so I may be talking out of my ass... to the more experienced, does this sound believable?

I think all this talk about doubling-the-shot-count breaking the laws of physics requires us to assume we are working with a true closed system. If we simply consider all the available potential energy to be limited to the pressure x volume inside cylinder, then such a huge efficiency increase (from perfected mechanics) does seem obviously impossible.

But, if we assume the air in the plenum has time to absorb thermal energy from its surroundings, the system becomes thermodynamically open (to the ambient temperature). If you run some basic estimates (combined gas law) on how much additional energy gets absorbed when you dramatically drop the regulator pressure, it seems like you can get there without having to rewrite physics.

We know that, no matter what, all the cold, expanded air that is expelled during a shot is ultimately warmed up to ambient temperature. But, with a high reg pressure, most of this warming process happens after the pellet has exited the barrel. With a lower reg pressure, more of the warming process can happen before the trigger is pulled (in the plenum)...

That’s additional energy entering the system before each shot.

No.

New power plenum set consists of new valve housing with integrated valve seat, valve rod with valve, hammer, valve control set front part, hammer spring, plenum.

Confusing a bit. I do own a brand new valve housing with integrated valve seat already installed. Do i need to change it for the new power plenum kit or not ?

My friend, Your brand new valve housing became old new housing overnight. In package called "power plenum" You will receive all bits needed to power upgrade Your gun no matter is it Impact 1, Impact 1 ver2, Impact X or Impact mk2. Like I wrote it consists of: brand brand new valve housing, plenum, hammer, spring, new valve stop system, valve rod with new valve and possibly hammer weight.

No.

New power plenum set consists of new valve housing with integrated valve seat, valve rod with valve, hammer, valve control set front part, hammer spring, plenum.

Confusing a bit. I do own a brand new valve housing with integrated valve seat already installed. Do i need to change it for the new power plenum kit or not ?

My friend, Your brand new valve housing became old new housing overnight. In package called "power plenum" You will receive all bits needed to power upgrade Your gun no matter is it Impact 1, Impact 1 ver2, Impact X or Impact mk2. Like I wrote it consists of: brand brand new valve housing, plenum, hammer, spring, new valve stop system, valve rod with new valve and possibly hammer weight.

Now that is clear enough my friend. Thank you.

Another question is....why this kit has to be installed by FX USA or distributors ? Most of us owning Impact 1 know how to install this kit ...No ?

You are welcome, glad we solve this together.

For reason why FX USA or distributors have to install power kit I do not have answer. Maybe You can order it from some other than FX USA. I live in Serbia, here we have maybe 5-10 Impacts in total and only two of us do our modding all by our self and we voided warranty long time ago. I went to lathe machinist to made my own hammer weight, drilled valve seat etc. We do not have FX office like You in the America. We buy parts from other countries and find our way around. It is time consuming process.

Thank you! 😊

I have successfully installed an early sample of the Power Plenum kit on my Impact MKI and have been testing it in the last couple of days, just registered on AGN to answer some of the questions and share some experiences :)

First of all the upgrade kit is compatible with all generations of the Impact and does not require any additional parts for installation, all the necessary parts are included in the kit.

Here's an image of the new Power Plenum and valve housing compared to the older models, like with the latest MKII housing the valve seat is now fixed.

1577969502_1843571385e0de75e443848.89587674_PP Plenum.jpeg

The kit also comes with a redesigned hammer which has now an integrated C3 delrin bumper which lowered the weight a little to 18.53 grams vs the 19.3 grams of the original hammer, an additional 6.1 gram hammer weight is provided however so the total hammer weight is increased to 24.63 grams.

1577969934_12370715065e0de90e8b9f50.72346427_PP Hammer.jpeg

The valve system also had a significant upgrade, the valve seems a little bigger and is now firmly fixed to the valve rod with some sort of glue. The valve return spring has been moved from the plenum side to the front in the valve adjuster knob where the new spring also replaces the rubber ball.

1577970596_19905490425e0deba4b52bf9.12308781_PP Valve Adjuster.jpeg

I have successfully installed an early sample of the Power Plenum kit on my Impact MKI and have been testing it in the last couple of days, just registered on AGN to answer some of the questions and share some experiences :)

First of all the upgrade kit is compatible with all generations of the Impact and does not require any additional parts for installation, all the necessary parts are included in the kit.

Here's an image of the new Power Plenum and valve housing compared to the older models, like with the latest MKII housing the valve seat is now fixed.

The kit also comes with a redesigned hammer which has now an integrated C3 delrin bumper which lowered the weight a little to 18.53 grams vs the 19.3 grams of the original hammer, an additional 6.1 gram hammer weight is provided however so the total hammer weight is increased to 24.63 grams.

The valve system also had a significant upgrade, the valve seems a little bigger and is now firmly fixed to the valve rod with some sort of glue. The valve return spring has been moved from the plenum side to the front in the valve adjuster knob where the new spring also replaces the rubber ball.

👍

Like with the out of the box MKII specification the max speeds seems to be achieved with the Power Plenum kit between 145 and 150 bar, at this pressure the speed gains are 15-20ms / 50-65fps for the .22, .25 and .30 calibers. It seems that there's still enough room for exploring the new setup with heavier hammers and springs to shoot at higher pressures.

Due to the 145-190 bar pressure range of the installed high power Huma reg I could not validate the increased shot count that comes with shooting at lower regulator pressures.

Thank you very much. This is very clear.