Announcing the FX Impact MKII w/ FX Power Plenum

Any idea what the volume of this new power plenum is ?

I believe it’s 65cc

1577878145_6370037995e0c82812cbb65.24436122_370258E1-05BC-45E6-8782-FBAD464DF571.jpeg

I was wondering where this huge efficiency gain could come from and am starting to think it comes from larger temperature swings in the plenum:

As I’m envisioning it, the plenum ultimately reaches a pressure that is greater than where the regulator actually cuts off flow. As gas exits the cylinder and enters the plenum, there is a large drop in pressure that creates a corresponding temperature drop (we’ve all noticed the repeated 300bar to 120bar drops from successive shots can cause a noticeable chill); the initially-cold air sent into the plenum then warms to room temperature causing its pressure to rise beyond the regulator cutoff point.

The lower regulator settings available in a Power Plenum setup will cause even larger drops in pressure and, therefore, larger initial drops in temperature. So, this setup ends up “stealing” more energy from the ambient environment as the plenum temperature then equilibrates back up to room temperature.

If this theory is correct, the efficiency boost should be less on a cold day.

I’m relatively new to air gunning, so I may be talking out of my ass... to the more experienced, does this sound believable?

I have an Impact X cal .25 (600mm), serial number: 19007*. I have elongated the transfer port and pellet probe and replaced the C3 bumper with delrin, and installed Huma regulator.

I just made an order of the Power Plenum Kit from EuropeAirguns to Finland.

Now this sentence from the first post catched my eye: " Owners of previous generation Impacts can still be upgraded but will require additional parts & service depending on the generation Impact you have."

So, in my case, what those additional parts would be?

I have an Impact X cal .25 (600mm), serial number: 19007*. I have elongated the transfer port and pellet probe and replaced the C3 bumper with delrin, and installed Huma regulator.

Now this sentence from the first post catched my eye: " Owners of previous generation Impacts can still be upgraded but will require additional parts & service depending on the generation Impact you have."

Your impact is not mk2?

You probably need another rear unit.

Your impact is not mk2?

Yes rear block product number B-1 -19698 must have to be changed probably.

Do you mean part B21, part number 19698? Both MK1 and MK2 has the same part numbers?

Yes they have the same number but i am pretty sure the rear block for power plenum must me changed or modified for the FX first generation.

Do you mean part B21, part number 19698? Both MK1 and MK2 has the same part numbers?

Yes they have the same number but i am pretty sure the rear block for power plenum must me changed or modified for the FX first generation.

The larger volume version being produced in Poland fits any impact, just tell him MKI or MKII.

With the exception of specialized PCP’s like a Thomas or Texans and lower cost guns like the Gauntlet; FX has just made everyone else’s lines obsolete. No one now shoots harder, faster or more rounds than FX. 

It’ll be interesting to see how long it takes for this to move through the rest of their range. Maybe more interesting to see how long it takes to jump to some other brand’s products.

High-Bar

Other companies being obsolete cause of this?? that ain't happening lol. This is nothing new and innovative. Many other guns have add on plenums and hell other guns start with larger plenums. Raptor mini has a 60-65cc plenum and regular raptor 85cc. Plus FX has to rely on 700mm barrels for the best results. And the "no one shoots, harder, faster or as many shots" also isnt true. But believe what you'd like. 

I would very much doubt you will increase the shot count a huge amount, I will accept that when I see it in person!

Agreed, i don't see how they're getting all those shots. Even with the reg at 130-140

I’m with both of you. 100% increase in shot count defies the laws of physics. When adding a power plenum to a Cricket or an EDGun, the shot count usually goes up 15 to 20%, due to increased efficiency and lower reg pressure for the same power. 100% increase under the same fill pressure at the same power is not only unbelievable, it’s physically impossible. Unless of course you’re a science denier. ;)

Agreed there's no way the increase can be 100%. Maybe the .30 would benefit the most as they struggled with power before but no way that much. Others would have done the same thing with the aftermarket products and haven't seen that yet.