Announcing the FX Impact MKII w/ FX Power Plenum

I wonder if the modification to a MK I will include new gauges and a re-marked bolt showing "MK II"?

Complete MK 1 to MK2 upgrade can only be accomplished on latest MK 1 that also had the MK 2 regulator (after a certain serial number). I.e certain newest MK 1 had MK 2 upgraded reg, without people knowing it. IIRC it was around Serial number 184xxx or something like that. If it is the older type reg, then gauges etc. can be upgraded, but not the upgraded regulator, and bolt carrier with Mk 2 stamp. (if anyone would confirm the serial number would be great).
Before a certain serial number, the regs were the older style and the bolts may not be stamped MK 2.

Now, with that said, ALL the other mods (other than the reg) can be done on the old MK.

You change the part number A-1 19690 trigger block and you can fit the MK2 regulator in.

Marketing 101 basic rules are the P P P 

1- Product

2- Pricing

3- Promotion

Product is not available yet.

Pricing is there.

Promotion is in place

So FX marketing is upside down as usual.

Stimulate a market demand before the product is in production and available create confusion and frustration for the product lovers.

I am an FX Impact owner since 2017 and I love this PCP airgun.

Marketing 101 basic rules are the P P P 

1- Product

2- Pricing

3- Promotion

Product is not available yet.

Pricing is there.

Promotion is in place

So FX marketing is upside down as usual.

Stimulate a market demand before the product is in production and available create confusion and frustration for the product lovers.

I am an FX Impact owner since 2017 and I love this PCP airgun.

This is true!

Isn’t the concept similar in theory to the Cricket Power Plenum that has been done for the past three or more years by Charlie Freer and Ernest Rowe? Move along children, nothing new and ground breaking here... ;)

Exactly. It’s a high pressure tube or cylinder that holds regulated air volume downstream of the regulator. It’s not rocket science. 

Peter Plesinger, former owner of Top Gun Airguns, actually brought about the first “power plenum” which was for the Kalibrgun Cricket bullpup. Whether Peter actually designed this or one of his tuners, I’ve got no idea. 

Charlie Frear, as Peter ran into hard times (long story/unsure of all details) and was selling off, purchased Peter’s stock of “power plenums”. We all know about Georgia Airguns Power Tuned Crickets which Charlie does a number of techniques to, in addition to installing a “power plenum”, that greatly enhances the package.

Ernest has also been devising “power plenums” for years. It’s a tool, a HP cylinder or HP tube. It’s a great idea and I’m not sure why manufacturers haven’t utilized these until recently. Especially for the US market. Airgun Slugs, oh yeah, this recent development demands power!

FX continues to do well. Bravo 👏🏼 Will others step up or eat dust? It’s going to be a blast to find out 😃

TBH although it's great that this has been released I am a bit underwhelmed, just sold one of my IMPACTS in .25 (previous upgrade to the MKII version) and now just have the MKII and a .30 Crown which shoot brilliantly, the MKII IMPACT as it is in .30 is all you would ever need for pellets IMO, I managed to get hold of a tin of .357 JSB's and again they aren't that exciting to me over .30, all just my opinion of course.

If I was completely honest I would prefer better availibility of the guns I am still waiting for and have been for months, i.e. the Continuum and compact DL tac.

TBH although it's great that this has been released I am a bit underwhelmed, just sold one of my IMPACTS in .25 (previous upgrade to the MKII version) and now just have the MKII and a .30 Crown which shoot brilliantly, the MKII IMPACT as it is in .30 is all you would ever need for pellets IMO, I managed to get hold of a tin of .357 JSB's and again they aren't that exciting to me over .30, all just my opinion of course.

If I was completely honest I would prefer better availibility of the guns I am still waiting for and have been for months, i.e. the Continuum and compact DL tac.

I have the same Impact in .30, and while the current power is all I would ever need for pellets, if they can increase the shot count from 34 to 79 and get the same speeds as Giles shows in his video, I am very excited. The .30 uses a crap ton of air, and to be able to more than double the shot count would be HUGE to me. I would love the idea of being able to fill less and be much more efficient. This is definitely on my radar as an upgrade. 

Anybody know what changes were made to the valve house and seat, I know the changes made from Mk1 to MK2, but what about Mk2 to this?

I just bought my Impact, I knew a new version as in the works. I was afraid they would've enlarged the breech/magazine to accommodate longer slugs thus making me regret my Mk2 purchase.

Fairly certain the VS is integrated with the housing in this kit, probably 9mm if I had to guess.

Anybody know what changes were made to the valve house and seat, I know the changes made from Mk1 to MK2, but what about Mk2 to this?

I just bought my Impact, I knew a new version as in the works. I was afraid they would've enlarged the breech/magazine to accommodate longer slugs thus making me regret my Mk2 purchase.

Fairly certain the VS is integrated with the housing in this kit, probably 9mm if I had to guess.

I got the new valve housing with integrated valve seat 10 days ago...it is 6.5 mm.

I got the new valve housing with integrated valve seat 10 days ago...it is 6.5 mm.

That was what I had in my MKII, my guess of 9mm with the housing sold with the FX power plenum is based on the photo they shared and the statement that it will work with .35. That's not to say that a 9mm VS port would be absolutely required for "150+ FPE", but the logic is there to make such presumption 🤷‍♂️

That was what I had in my MKII, my guess of 9mm with the housing sold with the FX power plenum is based on the photo they shared and the statement that it will work with .35. That's not to say that a 9mm VS port would be absolutely required for "150+ FPE", but the logic is there to make such presumption
1f937-200d-2642-fe0f.svg

I have been told it is 6.5 mm.

I would very much doubt you will increase the shot count a huge amount, I will accept that when I see it in person!

Agreed, i don't see how they're getting all those shots. Even with the reg at 130-140

I’m with both of you. 100% increase in shot count defies the laws of physics. When adding a power plenum to a Cricket or an EDGun, the shot count usually goes up 15 to 20%, due to increased efficiency and lower reg pressure for the same power. 100% increase under the same fill pressure at the same power is not only unbelievable, it’s physically impossible. Unless of course you’re a science denier. ;) 

I would very much doubt you will increase the shot count a huge amount, I will accept that when I see it in person!

Agreed, i don't see how they're getting all those shots. Even with the reg at 130-140

I’m with both of you. 100% increase in shot count defies the laws of physics. When adding a power plenum to a Cricket or an EDGun, the shot count usually goes up 15 to 20%, due to increased efficiency and lower reg pressure for the same power. 100% increase under the same fill pressure at the same power is not only unbelievable, it’s physically impossible. Unless of course you’re a science denier. ;)

I am with the three of you guys lol. If the increase in the plenums doubled the shot count wouldn't that have already been stated and seen with the plenums that were after market and home add on's . I mean some of them were even larger in volume/size. 😉 If I have to eat crow i do carry a packet of salt at all times so it taste a lil better but I do not think I will need it this go around. haha