Announcing the FX Impact MKII w/ FX Power Plenum

I just tuned a .25 cal Impact slug liner to shoot the 34gr slugs at 1080 ft/s which amounts to 88 fpe...and a one inch group at 50 yards...but that was with an aftermarket plenum. Very soon I will let you guys know how the FX performs.

Sorry Mike have to keep this topic on point about new fx power plenum. Will discuss aftermarket plenum another time.

You took it off topic to bait a response just to say stay on topic. 💨

Interesting. I thought these were going to be available for sale, but the email I just received from UA states that FX is requiring that the upgrades be performed at an authorized service center. $100 + shipping if the Impact was purchased after 10/30 and $300 + shipping if purchased before 10/30
1f914.svg

Indeed this will cost around $400.00 - $450.00 including transport cost.

This will takes months before your Impact come back home.

This is so counter productive . They need a professional manager in this business.

It is quite simple to install a kit like this.

They just have to produce a video how to install a power plenum and bingo.

Keep it simple FX

I received the email notification from Utah Airguns today and at the bottom of the email it says:

*Important Note: Initially, FX is requiring the upgrade be installed by an authorized service center. In the future Power Plenum Upgrade Kits will be available for purchase and individual installation.”

So they will be available for self install in the future. 

I have to disagree with you about the time factor GQ where you say, "This will takes months before your Impact come back home." Once the FX Dealers have enough kits to retrofit all of the Impacts they currently have in stock, they will start installing kits for guys that want them. The turn around time will be very fast because it takes very little time to actually install the Power Plenum Kit...but you have to make allowance for the fact that any upstanding FX Dealer will hold any pcp rifle for at least a couple days before shipping it back to make sure there are no air leaks. So I believe the turn around time will be more on the order of days not months. 

In years gone by, when FX announced a new thing it sometimes felt like it was taking forever for it to actually become available. So I am absolutely thrilled and amazed at how fast FX Airguns shipped out these kits to their dealers worldwide, and right on the very heels of the press release announcing this new miracle Power Plenum! Thank you FX Airguns for making this new miracle Power Plenum available immediately after the announcement, instead of making us all wait forever for them to be available. Great Job FX! Keep up the Good Work!

Remember, FX Airguns could have just announced that they were going to release a new version of the Impact for 2020 called the MK3, that would have the new Power Plenum. And they could have designed it so that the new plenum would not fit on any of the older Impacts, thereby forcing us all to sell our old guns and buy the new version if we wanted a larger plenum. I feel like we should all be grateful and thankful that FX Airguns decided to design this plenum so that it could be retrofitted to all of the older models of the Impact. Regardless of the time it takes to get yours done...at least you will be able to get yours done

BE OF GOOD CHEER, FX IS HERE!

I have to disagree with you about the time factor GQ where you say, "This will takes months before your Impact come back home." Once the FX Dealers have enough kits to retrofit all of the Impacts they currently have in stock, they will start installing kits for guys that want them. The turn around time will be very fast because it takes very little time to actually install the Power Plenum Kit...but you have to make allowance for the fact that any upstanding FX Dealer will hold any pcp rifle for at least a couple days before shipping it back to make sure there are no air leaks. So I believe the turn around time will be more on the order of days not months. 

In years gone by, when FX announced a new thing it sometimes felt like it was taking forever for it to actually become available. So I am absolutely thrilled and amazed at how fast FX Airguns shipped out these kits to their dealers worldwide, and right on the very heels of the press release announcing this new miracle Power Plenum! Thank you FX Airguns for making this new miracle Power Plenum available immediately after the announcement, instead of making us all wait forever for them to be available. Great Job FX! Keep up the Good Work!

Remember, FX Airguns could have just announced that they were going to release a new version of the Impact for 2020 called the MK3, that would have the new Power Plenum. And they could have designed it so that the new plenum would not fit on any of the older Impacts, thereby forcing us all to sell our old guns and buy the new version if we wanted a larger plenum. I feel like we should all be grateful and thankful that FX Airguns decided to design this plenum so that it could be retrofitted to all of the older models of the Impact. Regardless of the time it takes to get yours done...at least you will be able to get yours done

BE OF GOOD CHEER, FX IS HERE!

I mostly agree with you CHUCK. Will see how many days or weeks that will take.

But what you said about new products from FX is not totally true. For example , the .357 was announced last year un January. Have you any idea where we can find it ?

By the way,,,I am in love with my FX Impact. But how complicated it is to get some parts from them here in Canada.

I received the email notification from Utah Airguns today and at the bottom of the email it says:

*Important Note: Initially, FX is requiring the upgrade be installed by an authorized service center. In the future Power Plenum Upgrade Kits will be available for purchase and individual installation.”

So they will be available for self install in the future.

Good news.

I suppose that if it were my business operation, then I would want my company and its distribution chain to capitalize some before the marketplace was saturated with copies of the kit. On the other hand, I don't see the kit being sold in large numbers though, so I wouldn't agree with any assumptions that installers are going to get rich from this - the margins and volume is just too small.

By the way,,,I am in love with my FX Impact. But how complicated it is to get some parts from them here in Canada.

GQ, Seems that Canada (with its stupid restrictions) is considered to be the "backwater" of airguns and is not considered seriously by the manufacturers - I will be very happy once the Impact is finally available in Canada - it has been out of stock for over 8 months.

Hank (Ontario, Canada)