Announcing the FX Impact MKII w/ FX Power Plenum

I agree with GQ... can you imagine cleaning 79 rabbits or squirrels after hunting all day? I don't know about the state you live in, but most states have a bag limit on game during hunting season and the rest of the time you are strictly forbidden from taking most any other game. In the State of Florida where I live you are allowed to take certain non-native invasive species like hogs, all year long with no hunting license required. However, there is a law against the "wanton taking of wildlife."

Which means you are walking a very fine line in this state to just go out and kill birds or other animals with your airgun just for the fun of killing things like people do in some places. In Everglades National Park and most other Wildlife Management Areas if you get caught with even a BB gun outside of hunting season you are going to jail and your boat, vehicle, and other gear will be confiscated. It is a well known fact here that our Florida Wildlife Officers take a damn dim view of people killing things just for the fun of it, and you had better have a damn good excuse if they catch you doing so. And helping Mother Nature rid the planet of something you consider a pest is not one of them!

True Hunters hunt for food, eat what they kill, and have empathy for the animals whose lives they take for that purpose. Period.

Better let “Air Hunters” know they should change their name of their channel. Looks like they have fun doing what they do. 

I agree with GQ... can you imagine cleaning 79 rabbits or squirrels after hunting all day? I don't know about the state you live in, but most states have a bag limit on game during hunting season and the rest of the time you are strictly forbidden from taking most any other game. In the State of Florida where I live you are allowed to take certain non-native invasive species like hogs, all year long with no hunting license required. However, there is a law against the "wanton taking of wildlife."

Which means you are walking a very fine line in this state to just go out and kill birds or other animals with your airgun just for the fun of killing things like people do in some places. In Everglades National Park and most other Wildlife Management Areas if you get caught with even a BB gun outside of hunting season you are going to jail and your boat, vehicle, and other gear will be confiscated. It is a well known fact here that our Florida Wildlife Officers take a damn dim view of people killing things just for the fun of it, and you had better have a damn good excuse if they catch you doing so. And helping Mother Nature rid the planet of something you consider a pest is not one of them!

True Hunters hunt for food, eat what they kill, and have empathy for the animals whose lives they take for that purpose. Period.

You do realize people also shoot at the range and in competitive events, right? Extra shot count isn’t just for hunters. Same with the high capacity magazines.

I also shoot targets and that is ok to shoot for competitions.

But how many targets do you have to hit in a single target competition ?

Dont you have a carbon fibre tank beside your bench rest table ?

You know what i mean Bro.

Maybe some guys would like 1000 shots available ? For what exactly ?

That is a non sens in my own opinion.

Regards

GQ

You do realize people also shoot at the range and in competitive events, right? Extra shot count isn’t just for hunters. Same with the high capacity magazines.

I also shoot targets and that is ok to shoot for competitions.

But how many targets do you have to hit in a single target competition ?

Dont you have a carbon fibre tank beside your bench rest table ?

You know what i mean Bro.

Maybe some guys would like 1000 shots available ? For what exactly ?

That is a non sens in my own opinion.

Regards

GQ

Not everyone owns a compressor. More shots per fill means less air from the tank and less trips to the dive shop to refill. Why is it so hard to understand that some people may want a high shot count? Did you also complain about the side shot large capacity magazine? It’s nice to have capacity even if you don’t use it all in the same outing.

Less trips to the dive shop? Lol instead of topping off 1400psi your now using 2200psi per fill. You'll be draining your tank just as fast. That's the things I was saying. Efficiency is King not shot count.

I don’t shoot .30 and always refill at around 150 BAR. If I can’t get more shots between 250-150 that’s less fills for me.

But I guess we should all just switch to single shot springers because we only need 1 shot, right?

Maybe we can all just agree that everyone’s needs are different and not go attacking someone who doesn’t do things your way? But this is the internet so probably not lol.

Less trips to the dive shop? Lol instead of topping off 1400psi your now using 2200psi per fill. You'll be draining your tank just as fast. That's the things I was saying. Efficiency is King not shot count.

I don’t shoot .30 and always refill at around 150 BAR. If I can’t get more shots between 250-150 that’s less fills for me.

But I guess we should all just switch to single shot springers because we only need 1 shot, right?

Maybe we can all just agree that everyone’s needs are different and not go attacking someone who doesn’t do things your way? But this is the internet so probably not lol.

Sharing point of views are not attack first of all.

We all are Impact owners at the end.

I like single shots loading because the pellets are less at risk of damage for high precision and tight grouping.

I set up on my shooting table and with no rush i take all my time and shoot my 40 targets with a good coffee on the table.

Then i take a break and walk slowly to my target 100 yards away to look at my results .I instal a new target and come back at my table to put air in my Impact from my carbon fibre bottle.

I dont shoot a machine gun. 

When I hunt coyote , most of the time I dont shoot at all. When i shoot i make sure my shot is deadly accurate.

So with one fill i can shoot 40 coyotes or games.

Not bad i think.

With regards

GQ

You can 40 coyote.

For me, only 34 shots go out, 36gr slug 22cal 935fps 600mm liner. 145bar.

Enough for me for 1 hunting.
263a.svg

Yes that is more than enough for hunting.

Nice sermon. I enjoy hunting and I don't eat crows, magpies, foxes or coyotes. I must be a bad man.

Nice sermon. I enjoy hunting and I don't eat crows, magpies, foxes or coyotes. I must be a bad man.

Yeah should let the rats overthrow the dairy farm we help out at 😁

Heres what our regulations say. I guess some people feel good putting down others.

Schedule "C" animals can be captured or killed anywhere and at any time in BC. Schedule "C" birds may be hunted using electronic calls. You do not need a hunting licence to hunt or kill the following Schedule "C" wildlife:
(a) Rana catesbeiana - American bullfrog
(b) Rana clamitans - green frog
(c) all species of the family Chelydridae - snapping turtles
(d) Didelphis virginiana - North American opossum
(e) Sylvilagus floridanus - eastern cottontail
(f) Oryctolagus cuniculus - European rabbit
(g) Myocastor coypus - nutria
(h) all species of the genus Sciurus - gray squirrels and fox squirrels
(i) Passer domesticus - house sparrow
(j) Sturnus vulgaris - European starling
(k) Columbia livia - rock dove (domestic pigeon)

Yeah should let the rats overthrow the dairy farm we help out at
1f601.svg

Heres what our regulations say. I guess some people feel good putting down others.

Schedule "C" animals can be captured or killed anywhere and at any time in BC. Schedule "C" birds may be hunted using electronic calls. You do not need a hunting licence to hunt or kill the following Schedule "C" wildlife:

Nice

But how many per day can you shoot ? 40 ? 79 ?

GQ and Chuck it sure does look to me like your are putting down others that don't shoot or hunt like you do. When you use phases like killing for the fun of it and what true hunters do I take them as an negative put down comment. As a pest bird, groundhog and other animals that do damage to crops, buildings, equipment and to livestock's health I feel very good about managing the pests that cost the farmers money. I see this a lot on this forum people have their way of shooting air rifles and enjoying this hobby but others cannot get out of their box and understand theirs is not the only way. I saw this with slug use, whether or not to use a FFP or SFP scope or the only bi-pod you should use is a F Class because you will be the most stable on the bench while other might want a lighter smaller bi-pod to use hunting. Can't we just be happy that FX continues to make improvements with its rifles and products without going negative. Bill

GQ and Chuck it sure does look to me like your are putting down others that don't shoot or hunt like you do. When you use phases like killing for the fun of it and what true hunters do I take them as an negative put down comment. As a pest bird, groundhog and other animals that do damage to crops, buildings, equipment and to livestock's health I feel very good about managing the pests that cost the farmers money. I see this a lot on this forum people have their way of shooting air rifles and enjoying this hobby but others cannot get out of their box and understand theirs is not the only way. I saw this with slug use, whether or not to use a FFP or SFP scope or the only bi-pod you should use is a F Class because you will be the most stable on the bench while other might want a lighter smaller bi-pod to use hunting. Can't we just be happy that FX continues to make improvements with its rifles and products without going negative. Bill

Sorry but there is a misunderstanding here. English is not my first language.

What i try to say is ,,,,why do we need that much shot count for those birds in farms. How many per day do you shoot ?

With all my respect

Gilles

Some more real world info in. Ken told me earlier in the week that he was receiving kits this week, that would go towards his current inventory, and would have more coming in a month or so.

Looks like he played around with some conservative tuning, which would be right around the speeds I’m currently shooting, and he is showing 71 shots at 110 PSI. I wouldn’t mind being able to get through both mags without refilling when plinking, and still be able to keep an accurate tune. These spreads are better than the previous example too. 

1578082647_8128322805e0fa157b566c3.42068993_65503B6B-1BDA-4A61-A006-3EEA520087B1.png

Yeah should let the rats overthrow the dairy farm we help out at
1f601.svg

Nice

But how many per day can you shoot ? 40 ? 79 ?

Im not talking about shot count at the farm i usually shoot around 15fpe and can shoot hundreds in .22. Im referring to Chucks holier than thou attitude towards pest hunters legally shooting pest species. Deemed to be pests by trained biologists not myself.

I must be a really bad man too. 

Wanton waste? NO. Price out pecans at local grocery and you may understand why I kill these bstds. 

1578092695_5691137405e0fc89756abc7.39853072_F329BE7B-7234-44F8-BE99-278093234125.jpeg

Wanton waste? NO. Price out pecans at local grocery and you may understand why I kill these bstds. 

1578092695_5691137405e0fc89756abc7.39853072_F329BE7B-7234-44F8-BE99-278093234125.jpeg

LOL

Hey you guys take it easy on Chuck he's our friend besides he's right about some of us I used to love squirrels and birds grew fruit trees and hung feeders for them then I brought an FX IMPACT MK2 now I can't wait to shoot them out those very same feeders I have so much fun shooting birds and squirrels I barely shoot my targets anymore hell I caught myself drawing down on a woodpecker just last week took everything I had not to shoot him . I didn't grow up hunting I trapped pests and killed them with no regard for their suffering I didn't even know what DRT stood for or why it mattered until I joined this forum now I skin them clean them and at least feed them to my dog or little wildcat and although I'm having alot of fun killing them I'm learning to be more respectful and responsible about it thanks to guys like CHUCK keep preaching that Hunters gospel my friend