Announcing the FX Crown MKII

Airgun Royalty Taken to the Next Level!

The dramatic evolution of airguns has ramped up demands from shooters worldwide and we have seen an increased desire for more air flow and power in our air rifles. Whereas other FX rifles can more easily add plenum space and valving for these demands, a traditional rifle like the FX Crown was limited for these demands… until now! The FX Crown MKII brings more power and even more capabilities to an already near perfect platform.

Crown Chassis Right Angle - Donny - Arc Bipods1.1605100600.jpg

The increased power available in the MKII comes down to a combination of valving, porting, and plenum space. The plenum of the FX Crown MKII has increased 28% over the previous model! This larger plenum works in tandem with the porting and a new larger valve on the MKII (6.5mm valve). The combination provides spectacular results.

Other changes to the Crown include a 20 MOA angle built into the picatinny scope rail. With airgunners able to shoot at longer distances, this canting of the scope base at the front is what allows for more usable elevation adjustment in the scope at longer distances.

right profile - scope - donny2.1605099445.jpg

The FX Crown MKII has some new stock options. FX Airguns has teamed up with famed Norwegian rifle stock maker GRS to provide the first ever GRS rifle stock for an FX Airgun. GRS builds highly adjustable laminate stocks recognized globally as an innovative premium brand. The GRS FX Crown stocks are dedicated right or left-handed with the famed GRS ergonomic grip. The GRS grip, offset and angled; provides unsurpassed shooting comfort. They feature tool-less push button adjustments for both cheek riser and length of pull. Everything to tailor-fit your shooting experience.

IV8888-4.1605100626.jpg

The FX Crown MKII is also offered as a stripped-down base model perfect for pairing with the recently released Saber Tactical Crown Chassis. This ambidextrous chassis is packed with features including an extended Arca Swiss rail, foldable stock, built-in detachable bag rider, adjustable buttstock, and other popular features. This will certainly be a highly popular and sought-after Crown configuration, particularly for bench shooters. The Saber Tactical Chassis is a separate item available from Saber Tactical dealers (most FX dealers also carry Saver Tactical) that can be added to any generation of Crown. A full review of this gun and it's features features Rick Rehm of Shooter 1721 with Chad & Eric from IraqVeteran8888 will be released later today showing off the Crown MKII out to 300 yards!

The rest of the features of the FX Crown remains unchanged: the power adjuster, valve adjustment, externally adjustable AMP regulator, ability to change calibers and twist rates through the Superlight Smooth Twist X (STX) barrel and Superior STX liner standard. With all this as well as the highest capacity magazine in its class, the FX Crown is solidified as the most versatile and robust sporter stock PCP air rifle available.

left angle - scope - fx mod1.1605100681.jpg

The FX Crown MKII is an inline change with units already shipping to dealers worldwide. Any customer with an existing pre-order who has been waiting for their FX Crown will receive this new updated model (no need to call and change your order). The Crown is available in the following configurations (with various stock options)

• FX Crown MKII Standard (500mm barrel in .177-.22-.25-.30)
  • FX Crown MKII Standard Plus (600mm barrel in .177-.22-.25-.30)
  • FX Crown Continuum MKII (380mm & 700mm barrel in .22-.25-.30)
  • FX Crown VP MKII (Value Priced 400cc aluminum bottle)

Pricing in the US as follows for the Crown MKII Standard & Standard Plus (add $100 for Continuum):

• Base Model (No Stock - Chassis Ready) $1299.99
  • Synthetic Stock $1599.99
  • Walnut Stock $1799.99
  • Standard Laminate Stocks $1999.99
  • GRS Laminate Stock $2199.99
  • Crown VP $1399.99

Crown-MKII-Standard-Specs.1605100729.jpg

Crown-MKII-Standard-Plus-Specs.1605100743.jpg

Crown-MKII-Saber-Tactical-Chassis-Specs.1605100775.jpg

Crown-Continuum-MKII-Specs.1605100785.jpg

Crown-VP-MKII.1605100791.jpg

Congrats FX tell us more about how the plenum was increased. And oh BTW thanks for making my original less valuable, just kidding I love mine still. 

Jking

LOL Your Crown is still one of the best air rifles ever produced.

Trust me. I've owned several Crowns over the years.

It was explained to me that the Crown had little room to add an extension plenum.

Therefore, it took some ingenious engineering and machining work to expand the available space within the Crown breech.

The entire plenum is still contained within that breech, yet is nearly a third larger.

This brings the Crown right in line with any other gun so far as available plenum volume is concerned.

-Donnie

Congrats FX tell us more about how the plenum was increased. And oh BTW thanks for making my original less valuable, just kidding I love mine still. 

Jking

LOL Your Crown is still one of the best air rifles ever produced.

Trust me. I've owned several Crowns over the years.

It was explained to me that the Crown had little room to add an extension plenum.

Therefore, it took some ingenious engineering and machining work to expand the available space within the Crown breech.

The entire plenum is still contained within that breech, yet is nearly a third larger.

This brings the Crown right in line with any other gun so far as available plenum volume is concerned.

-Donnie

Well explained Donnie, all about the latest CNC machines and being able to expand the limits of what the block could do with some CNC machining tricks. Quite brilliant. Compared to our other guns, the CNC machining on the Crown breech is a work of art to fit everything in and have all that adjustability that rifles like the Impact have spread out.

Not sure it can't be done and if it would be a simple swap out but it would be cool if the bare receiver (action block) could be purchased separately to take advantage of all the upgrades since the original Crowns came out. I know of shooters that have ordered the same part in Boss's and Royales. FX has been great about supplying factory parts. 

Jking

Not sure it can't be done and if it would be a simple swap out but it would be cool if the bare receiver (action block) could be purchased separately to take advantage of all the upgrades since the original Crowns came out. I know of shooters that have ordered the same part in Boss's and Royales. FX has been great about supplying factory parts. 

Jking

+1 👍🏼