Announcement from AOA regarding LCS Air Arms.

quote= Better Business Burough: "Registered Agents, Inc., located at 30 N. Gould St. in downtown Sheridan, represents an estimated 53,267 businesses, according to the Secretary of State Office."

I don't think we gain much info based on address, nor registrant (a lawyer)

My understanding is that the same designer that made the sk19 for lcs made the rattler for western. He approached lcs about it, and they weren’t interested in a .357, so he went elsewhere. There is no infringement in this based on both of them having the same designer/builder. I wish both companies the best of luck, and I’m sure LCS won’t leave their USA customers hanging without a supplier/repair facility.

Reactions: CyberDyneSystems
Oh,. ok. some further digging and Yes, I'm willing to say it. It does appear to lead back to AOA I'm afraid, via Buchanan Brothers inc.

If so, I wish they'd just say it. if AOA can manage the production and distro better, they already have my confidence.
Why are you afraid that it leads back to AOA? I don't see where they ever tried to make a claim to the contrary.

They're marketing the dang thing under the "Western" name, just like their "Western Big Bore" line. If they were trying to cover something up here you'd think they'd have named it something other than a name that is known to be an AOA product line/trade name.

(I live in AZ and know Robert and some of the AOA crew, but I don't work there, and haven't talked to any of them about the Rattler, just sharing my personal thoughts on this ongoing discussion.)

Why are you afraid that it leads back to AOA? I don't see where they ever tried to make a claim to the contrary.

They're marketing the dang thing under the "Western" name, just like their "Western Big Bore" line. If they were trying to cover something up here you'd think they'd have named it something other than a name that is known to be an AOA product line/trade name.

(I live in AZ and know Robert and some of the AOA crew, but I don't work there, and haven't talked to any of them about the Rattler, just sharing my personal thoughts on this ongoing discussion.)
Ah, I was unaware of the Western name before this. Thanks for the education. That does make this all less covert than my initial gut reaction.

As for AOA, I can't claim to know them personally, but they've been nothing but good to me as a customer. I believe the second part of my post made it clear that my confidence in them is high.

Last edited:
That is why you will not see other calibers from Western. As far as I know LCS does not make .357., so no lawsuit issue. If western starts making the same calibers as LCS, lawsuit time. I will stay away from both especially with the current economic situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as I saw the first post on the Rattler from Baker Airguns I was thinking it was a LCS product all the way, I mean how could you not. Now finding out some of the troubles a head for the consumer this is really a bad thing. First LCS from Huben, then Rattler from LCS, man not good. AOA should stay away from both IMHO. Western could go away at any moment and LCS may not recover from the AOA sales loss.

Reactions: Bigragu
As soon as I saw the first post on the Rattler from Baker Airguns I was thinking it was a LCS product all the way, I mean how could you not. Now finding out some of the troubles a head for the consumer this is really a bad thing. First LCS from Huben, then Rattler from LCS, man not good. AOA should stay away from both IMHO. Western could go away at any moment and LCS may not recover from the AOA sales loss.
Yes this is bad for the consumer. Many folks think about product support after the sale. No matter if you are mechanically inclined or not, spare parts must be available. Issues between companies and dealers makes it difficult for service and spare parts. I am thinking the used market prices might go down because of this.

It's funny seeing people panic over this non-issue...The guy that designed the LCS line of airguns wanted to come out with a .357 version but LCS did not want to do that. So it appears as though he contacted Western Airguns to see if they were interested in backing his play...Western Airguns said yes and LCS said no...end of story!

I am going to pick up my new Rattler tomorrow and am super excited about it! I could care less about warranty issues because I know the good guys at Airguns of Arizona will do the right thing by me in whatever situation may arise. I have talked several guys into selling their underpowered Impact M3 .35 cal. rifles' and using the money towards the purchase of a Rattler, or using it for trade in on one of these new Rattlers at Airguns of Arizona.

So say goodbye to your M3 .35 cal. that needs a $150.00 "PowerBlock/Tungsten Hammer" upgrade to give it any power and get a Rattler that will give you up to 270 fpe out of the box! And its magazine is long enough to shoot any slugs up to 21mm long - including the Predator Polymags & the Benjamin Nosler Ballistic Slugs for .357! Get a Rattler and start having some fun!

Always the best, Chuckster

06e226b5-3fb9-4c38-b7a9-b2cf0240bb52_499970151574327.gif

It's funny seeing people panic over this non-issue...The guy that designed the LCS line of airguns wanted to come out with a .357 version but LCS did not want to do that. So it appears as though he contacted Western Airguns to see if they were interested in backing his play...Western Airguns said yes and LCS said no...end of story!

I am going to pick up my new Rattler tomorrow and am super excited about it! I could care less about warranty issues because I know the good guys at Airguns of Arizona will do the right thing by me in whatever situation may arise. I have talked several guys into selling their underpowered Impact M3 .35 cal. rifles' and using the money towards the purchase of a Rattler, or using it for trade in on one of these new Rattlers at Airguns of Arizona.

So say goodbye to your M3 .35 cal. that needs a $150.00 "PowerBlock/Tungsten Hammer" upgrade to give it any power and get a Rattler that will give you up to 270 fpe out of the box! And its magazine is long enough to shoot any slugs up to 21mm long - including the Predator Polymags & the Benjamin Nosler Ballistic Slugs for .357! Get a Rattler and start having some fun!

Always the best, Chuckster

View attachment 276291
Low FPE out of the box? I haven’t had that issue shooting my boys .35 neither have I heard that before. Lol you trading it to AOA? Good way for them to buy them cheap or for store credit and they get to keep adding FX on their shelves to sell to others. Id convince you to do the same thing if I had a shop. Never shot the rattler so not gonna say any pros or cons. Waiting for a friend of mine who just got one from them actually to let me know how it does.

Low FPE out of the box? I haven’t had that issue shooting my boys .35 neither have I heard that before. Lol you trading it to AOA? Good way for them to buy them cheap or for store credit and they get to keep adding FX on their shelves to sell to others. Id convince you to do the same thing if I had a shop. Never shot the rattler so not gonna say any pros or cons. Waiting for a friend of mine who just got one from them actually to let me know how it does.
I have an M3 .22 and .30 and it’s been a great time.

That is why you will not see other calibers from Western. As far as I know LCS does not make .357., so no lawsuit issue. If western starts making the same calibers as LCS, lawsuit time. I will stay away from both especially with the current economic situation.
That was a bunch of BS. They're already offering other calibers. Any way you look at it AOA, I mean Western Airguns :rolleyes: stole their design and screwed LCS. (n)

That was a bunch of BS. They're already offering other calibers. Any way you look at it AOA, I mean Western Airguns :rolleyes: stole their design and screwed LCS. (n)
Yeah they stole the design.....talk about BS, you are friggin clueless. Lol 🤣 Funny how people whined and complained saying LCS copied the Huben.....this is the FACT, Huben nor LCS has any patents on the hammerless design. The hammerless design is an open book, you or anyone can produce it given enough money. The LCS is a great rifle, I own one and very much have enjoyed it. Given any 1st generation products you are bound to have things to improve. When I had a meeting with LCS I gave them plenty of things that needed to be changed....you know what they did? NOTHING!!! They went ahead and came out with the .30 caliber version and didn't change a damn thing. They showed up to the EBR and we're pulling people out of the crowd asking them to compete with the gun, I was one of them....they didn't even have a scope to lend me to top the gun. My point is they simply don't care to improve the product nor move forward in innovating them to be better. I'm personally glad that Western Airguns is here and will be productive in the progression of the hammerless design. Sorry for my rant but the truth must be told. Cheers

Had to send my Rattler back to Airguns of Arizona over a problem with the trigger that was allowing to shoot full auto all the time...actually it was a hell of a lot of fun but not practical. AOA promptly fixed the problem and shipped it back so fast I barely even missed it... so a big Thank You to Shane & Don for making it right and doing it right quick!
Always the best, Chuck

Reactions: TRIPP