• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Angle Indicator

Eli

Apr 26, 2015
Ohio
Does anyone use a scope mounted or rail mounted angle indicator? If so, are there any recommendations (i.e. scope mount vs. rail mount, manufacturer, etc.)? 

What at are your thoughts on an angle indicator?

I would imagine most people guesstimate angle, but I'm trying to be a little more precise. (I need one less variable to guess at.)

a buddy of mine that shoots long range centerfire guns "sniper rifle comp" uses sphur mounts on his rifles and they have integral levels , but also facilitate the mounting of an angle inicator .
he said he found it useful if lets say he shoot from a mountaintop into a gully or waley or such ... its a specialty thing and to be honest , on any airgun its no use , its just very expencive bling bling that people that know what it is will laugh wildly of .

if your shooting a bulpup i would sugest you use a cant level buble thingy and have it set up perfectly , as the bulpup guns are the type that have most cant problems .
tho it is useful to all precision guns in general.

bkl makes some very nice mounts and also a screw in cant level , and i find that to be the best solution for me .

I was playing around with the angle variable in chairgun and recording the change in hold over at a specific distance. I can estimate pretty close, but trying to hit a squirrel or bird you need to be fairly spot on with regard to angle among other things. I thought an angle indicator, something like the Nightforce ADI, might make my angle shots a little higher percentage hits.