• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Andreas from FX might help out, deleted the original post

Fredrick had advised me that Andreas from FX will look into the matter.

I wrote to FX addressing Andreas but he might be busy and couldn't reply.

Out of frustration of FX users in my country I had posted as they blame me if they buy FX on my recommendation.

Fredrick didn't like my earlier post as he had advised Andreas to help me on the other hand I couldn't come in contact with Andreas.

That might caused misunderstanding and I took it as FX is no more standing with its products. Looks like its not the case.

Any ill feeling is regretted.

Bhaur

Last edited:
I have seen a lot of creep in many 1st regulators out of which I could fix a few and could not fix the rest as even after replacing all O rings the issu persists.
Are you dressing the end of the piston when you rebuild them?

Re-sealing alone is unlikely to help. Except in rare cases, a bad O-ring will not cause a slow pressure rise.

Another area to inspect... The end O-ring of the 1st Reg...
This what keeps the bottle pressure from bypassing the Reg!!!!!
M3-1st%20reg%20Oring.jpg

Does a new piston fix the problem?

-> YES: Suggests the attempt to dress the original piston wasn’t quite successful. Or perhaps it just needs to be cycled a number of times until it takes on an imprint of the seat/orifice and begins settling more quickly. Granted a break-in period also applies to a new piston so you would see that behavior either way.

-> NO: Problem lies elsewhere. Possibly poor surface finish of the conical orifice. May itself need to be dressed.

The other potential issue that comes to mind is the Belleville stack operating near its limit. Does the pressure creep worsen if you increase the setpoint by 15 bar? Or does it go into bypass mode?

Reactions: bigHUN
Ca Verminator
Yes 7.5x1.5 O ring takes my 1st attention in such cases. I have also done some modification in the brass conical part by adding an additional O ring.

Nervoustrig
Yes tried new piston. Surface polished properly without affecting angles.

I am keeping 1st reg between 150 bars and 170 bars. So not near the limit as I understand.

Brass conical part also fine.

Thank you for taking time to help me. In most 1st regs that I have fixed, the areas that both of you friends have suggested were culprit.

But in a couple of regs the problem lies somewhere else.

These regulators behave like that since the day one.

Also tried a bit thicker O ring like 7.6x1.6mm in order to seal the reg surface but in vain.

Proper time for the surfaces to break in also given by using the guns.

In fact this is the reason I sought help from FX regarding replacement part.

I understand that the only flaw can be in main part of stainless steel and the brass part.

I don't think other parts are bad as I have tried them interchangeably.

Regards,

Reactions: Ca_Varminter
Not an M3 but still with my first MK2. Almost 3 years the Reg is OEM.
As nervoustrig mentioned above - imprint ... the two piece must seal togethe. That is why FX made one side softer plastic and the other side of a "seal" with brass, so after some burn in time the two will mate together. If you figure out how to hold the two pieces together perfectly inline, you can speed up a process with a little diamong compound, to picture it like lapping two pieces together.
In original MK2 the washers are stack on a plastic pin, I made a sphere on front face and the brass piece radiused nose is perfectly nesting. Polish both to mirror finish.

Not an M3 but still with my first MK2. Almost 3 years the Reg is OEM.
As nervoustrig mentioned above - imprint ... the two piece must seal togethe. That is why FX made one side softer plastic and the other side of a "seal" with brass, so after some burn in time the two will mate together. If you figure out how to hold the two pieces together perfectly inline, you can speed up a process with a little diamong compound, to picture it like lapping two pieces together.
In original MK2 the washers are stack on a plastic pin, I made a sphere on front face and the brass piece radiused nose is perfectly nesting. Polish both to mirror finish.
Agreed but the mating surfaces on 2nd regulator are also metal to delrin. There it seal perfectly over many days but the 1st regulator doesn't work that well.

This I am talking about good 1st regs, the bad ones are nightmares.

Fredrick had advised me that Andreas from FX will look into the matter.

I wrote to FX addressing Andreas but he might be busy and couldn't reply.

Out of frustration of FX users in my country I had posted as they blame me if they buy FX on my recommendation.

Fredrick didn't like my earlier post as he had advised Andreas to help me on the other hand I couldn't come in contact with Andreas.

That might caused misunderstanding and I took it as FX is no more standing with its products. Looks like its not the case.

Any ill feeling is regretted.

Bhaur
Hello
I'm not going to delete my publication I have been two weeks bothering many people who have contacts with fx and fighting with some fx distributors, to give me a solution to a problem because of their mismanagement in Sweden, when they are doing things wrong should be given knowledge so they know they are mismanaging things and have the option to correct in case they are interested in the proper functioning of your company, I have been owner of fx 2000, royale, bobcat, impact MKII and M3 I have been a customer for many years
Regards
Enkey
PS. And my problem wasn't an isolated case because after my publication in the forum I privately contacted me more people with the same problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: mubhaur
Bhaur- I thank and applaud you for coming forward and openly stating faults from a top tier vendor. I owned my first FX in 2018 and have never longed for any other pcp type since then. Their customer support here in the US has been 100% stellar, and I have yet to find a major problem that couldn’t be fixed, thanks to FX’s generosity in providing parts diagrams and size listings.

You have always been one of the top front runners in finding not necessarily flaws, but items that could be made better in the impact platform. Anything ever made in life can only be made better, if one is willing to take the time to sit in the think tank. With you reaching out to the FX home front, maybe this will let them know that true customer feedback should be noticed more, so design and fabrication changes can be made. The problems you are finding/having may not come directly from design, but could also stem somewhere in the assembly process as we all know one single platform, wether an impact or their hand pump, touches a lot of hands before the product gets boxed. If someone at FX isn’t aware, how does it get corrected, right?

The way I see it, many fx customers will benefit from this thread because future platforms will have had changes made. Just the fact that FX cruises thru these forums and attended to your post, is why I won’t veer away from FX.

The YouTube review folks are not fortunate to have the tenacity and skill set you posses in diagnosing flaws, they’re just there to show how you can pop a bird or monkey at 250 yards with a 22 slug going 1200 FPS.

Do us fellow impact owners a favor in your conversations with Andreas, please, and let them know of the initial slower velocity shots that are trait of the impact, after non use for a few minutes to hours to days. Not really a big deal for target shooters but it can be a bigger deal for the hunters

Good luck, and please keep us posted

Dear Enkey and Bigragu,

I never knew that you friends really appreciate my work on FX and RAW guns.

The biggest plus point that I always felt is that FX listens to their customers.

Through the customers feedback FX improves their products which is a positive thing.

You might not know that I fix PCP guns without charging any money. The only thing that I charge is the price of after market parts which my machinist makes for me.

In the past I had been continuously sharing my problems of Impact mk1 when Impact was initially released. FX always replied at that time.

From my end I have a good relationship with FX. Fx has just committed to send me some of regulator parts which might fix the issues.

I have tendered my apology to Frederick which I feel he has accepted with open heart.

It's right that whenever I purchase a new Impact I make a lot of modifications/ improvements in it. This is not only true for FX but also for RAW HM1000X for which most people think that its the ultimate gun and there is no need to touch it for tuning, I have redesigned and changed its main parts and doubled it's efficiency.

I have sent some parts to some enthusiastic shooters around the world.

But I believe if a manufacturer doesn't like a certain kind of post I should avoid it.

I am not running any business here. Hence I can also call a spade a spade but I believe we should respect others, specially the person who developed such a futuristic gun.

Pros and cons are in everything.

May be I had not addressed the topic properly. May be he would have already advised his team member but that person couldn't contact me and meanwhile I posted here snd the post hurt Frederick.

I just try to put myself in his shoes.

Anyhow such things happen in life and I believe we should move on and forget the bitter incidents and learn from it.

I have all due respect for Frederick and his all team.

To me its good enough that people of my country who purchased M3 at around double the price as compared to US will be able to use their M3 after I receive replacement parts.

Trust me that I had never thought of making the YouTube channel but RAW users on this forum insisted that I should explain everything about RAW through making videos.

I have very little subscriptions as my videos are of technical nature and related to modifications which everybody cant do, I am happy that at least some users knew about RAW inside out.

In order to cut the long story short, all is well that ends well.

Even some people ask me why FX didn't offer me to shift to Sweden and work for them. I can just laugh on such comments as I have my own responsibilities.

I share my FX related videos with Frederick.

Unfortunately it was not a good day for me and later it became fine.

Bhaur

Last edited: