and with this momentous act, we shall usher in a new era -Palpatine

Status
Not open for further replies.
im totally stoked with my new anti predator capabilities, not gonna lie.

Mod edit - video content removed. While feral cats posse an enormous threat to the environment the video does not contain any type of description supporting your action. Additionally, an airgun should never be used to intentionally wound an animal. When performing hunting and pest control an airgunner should always strive to dispatch his quarry in a clean ethical manner. This thread is being locked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve got quite a bit of experience hunting with thermal and that looked an awful lot like a domestic cat you just shot in the hind quarter.
You may be/probably are correct.

Although I am in completely love with Thermal, prey identification is the biggest shortcoming of the system, especially when the thermal sensitivity and contrast are set so high.

You may be/probably are correct.

Although I am in completely love with Thermal, prey identification is the biggest shortcoming of the system, especially when the thermal sensitivity and contrast are set so high.
oh it was identified as an unleashed predator in my yard hunting my livestock, waiting for my pullets to come out in the morning .. it got to live .. more than it deserved ..

Reactions: rangur1 and dv8eod
I am having a feral/stray/domesticated cat problem in my area of town. My dog got ahold of a cat that was stalking rabbits in my fenced in back yard. She didn't think she would catch it but when it bounced off the chainlink fence she snatched it up. She didn't kill the cat and it ran out a different hole. Well guess what, my dog got super infected and spent a couple days visiting the vet's trying to find out what was wrong with her.

Our animal control just drops off the cats in a different area which solves nothing. Last batch of cats got a .22 slug while in the trap. This new one got dropped off out in the middle of no where since a land owner said he could use some barn cats.

Problem would be solved if people kept their pets in their own yard but we can't be so lucky. Strays get treated like strays and I sleep like a baby at night.

Reactions: dv8eod and rangur1
Status
Not open for further replies.