• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

And the rest of the story, 300 yards - the Delta Wolf 25 with Slugs šŸŒā€¦!

Bummer! Sounds like the barrel is tapped out oUt onĀ Twist rate! I had same experience asĀ @steve123 with the 29 grain, if the wind change a little the groups open up at 300yard, of course the 34.9 grain does the same thing but not quite as bad.Ā 

Either way Iā€™mĀ a gluten for punishment, Iā€™m goingĀ back to 27.5 grain .22 slugs(slightly lower BC than the 29 grain .25)Ā at 300 yards so a MOA group at 300 wouldĀ take a miracle. šŸ˜…

However, this got me thinking, maybe I should put the 700mm .25 barrel on my crown because length matters right?šŸ¤£

bs

Again, going back to your comments. I took another look at the 300 yardĀ groups.

Look at the impression on the paper. Thatā€™s the hollow point diameter. The point hit and pushed its way through. Obviously there was no log immediately behind the paper.

Apparently you find this interesting, when thereā€™s no chipmunks to shoot. Hope youā€™re doing well.

I left the pictures full-size.

mike

657BD67E-2903-42D0-AB55-2923C5948EEE.1645884330.jpeg
8BA11CE8-C7E8-4643-98E1-1F1D0ABB1E48.1645884331.jpeg

C9F63120-4688-45AD-8C22-C81C1DDCD2ED.1645884503.jpeg

Adding a 250 yard close up below

088C59C0-92A6-459E-BB92-5353A98DECF9.1645885436.jpeg

The picture below, two slugs hit right on top of each other. You can see the impact from the piece that sheared off on the upper right. This was at 300. Still plenty of energy.

1FB9CA6B-574A-48DB-9739-786A9897A36F.1645885612.jpeg

Ouch! LOL!

I am doing as well/good as I can be!

Considering my physical health.

Thanks for asking! (smile)

p.s.

I didn't realize the pics in your original post were not "full-size". (chuckle)

HI I have a question why do you aim at tree you cut to hit at 300 yds? so I think you said you running a 25 power sfp march scope in 34mm ? so if you zero your daystate even at 50 yards and with your droop mount you have I assume this is 20moa or like 6 mils or so ??? depending on rings or mount , Your hold at 300 using a mil based reticle would be 20 mils at what you said speed and what you shooting , why wouldnt you just dail 20 mils and hold off as needed for elements ? I mean the march sfp 2.5x25 has 34 mils adjustment and you got 5 mils in hash marks each way in .5 mil

LOU

Lou

The answer to your question sir is complicated. Itā€™s complicated by a couple of factors.

First and foremost, as I was trying to get on paper for the first time at 300, I was also trying to kill off a family of raccoons and skunks, see post below.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/penny-and-i-ran-into-the-big-boar-coon-last-night/

I had built a dope card for 60 through 100 yards, with 100 yards being the center of the reticle. From that point I have 153 clicks until I top outĀ my scope. At that point I was hitting about 6 feet low. So rather than change everything I used an aimĀ point that was already located approximately where I needed to hold above my target. I did a post showing how that looked through my scope, which is here:

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/and-the-rest-of-the-story-300-yards-with-the-delta-wolf-25to-get-on-the-4-x-4-t/

Also, I knew I wasnā€™t leaving the scope on the rifle. So I knew that aiming at the tree was just temporary. from where my bench is right now I canā€™t see the paper anyway. I built the range this winter cutting the trees down as I went. The bench will be 3 feet higher come spring and Iā€™ll be able to see the paper. And for some reason I was stubborn about not going down to a lower magnification. I didnā€™t want to lose what I had

I guess the bottom line is I didnā€™t wantĀ change the set up on the scope because I wanted to be able to shoot the raccoons in the eveningĀ and shoot at 300 yards during the day.

hereā€™s the good news, I just changed scopes. This one has a 34 mm tube instead of the oneĀ I had on there,Ā which had a 30 mm tube. I also shimmedĀ the rings when I mounted the new scopeĀ to get even more adjustment out of the setup.

right now itā€™s cited in to hit at 100 yards four clicks from the very bottom of the scope. So I have the entire range of vertical motion left to go longā€¦

The scope I just put on as a March 5-50 34 mm. 40 and 20 X areĀ redĀ on the scopeā€¦Iā€™ve been shooting my entire life long range and Iā€™ve never understood how to take advantage of that, LOL. It says on new scope my reticle is one division equals 1MOA at 40 X, one division equals 2MOA at 20 X.

with the information Iā€™ve given you above, can you tell me how to go from 100 to 300 yards on this scope and get on paper firstĀ shot?Ā 

I do understand that MOA is 1.041 inches per 100 yards. Iā€™ve been chasing 1/2 MOA long range Groups for 30 years. I just donā€™t understand how to take advantage of the Mills on my scope.

Let me know if you have any questions, and please help me if you can.

below is my post about the scope:

mmhttps://www.airgunnation.com/topic/a-new-scope-for-the-delta-wolf-%f0%9f%90%ba-and-a-quick-5-shot-group/

mike

hows Titus? I am a big fan.

Hereā€™s a picture with the new scope installed, just ignore the wood, Iā€™m just fooling around.

27170636-24FD-4897-A26D-9ABACB05877B.1646453623.jpeg

Mike, what if I told you there is a magical way to get on paper on the first shot.............

1f440.svg

LOL! I've been trying to get Mike to use strelock pro without success for a while now. Granted he wasn't able to convince me to get a Delta Wolf either. Hahahaha

@qball Aww man. I thought you were gonna share some sort of secret sacredĀ VoltigeurĀ technique or something.Ā 

@Flintsack Why theĀ aversion to useĀ Strelok?

Ha! Too funny. Shambozzie has been trying to convince me to get Strelok for months! Iā€™m way too resistant to new technology because itā€™s intimidating to anĀ old guy with no computer background, or skills. Iā€™m still struggling with plascam and Iā€™ve had it for years lol. Shambozzie finally asked me for the information needed to set up my Rapid .20 and I sent it to him (bore to crosshair measurements and pellet weight etc.)

He figured it out on Strelok and when I tried it out it was right on! Now I can see how magic it really is and I know Iā€™ll be needing to use it. So much time and ammunition saved by math and computer!

Iā€™d be happy to give my information to someone if they could plug it in the street lock for me. Iā€™m 3.5ā€Ā inches above the center of the bore at šŸ‘ piece.Ā 

Dead on at 100 yards. 29 grainĀ 25 caliber slug at 930 ft./s.Ā 

iā€™m going to use my manual methods for right now. I figure I need 500 clicks at 300 yards, which is three eights inch per click, which should move me 16 feet. I will set the scope at 20 X, And each milĀ line should give me an additional 6 inches of elevation compensation, correct?

mike

Iā€™m with Daveā€¦

I just did the math. So I had 340 clicks. Which leaves 160 clicksā€¦So that should be 20Ā slots or lines on my milĀ Scope retical. Which puts me exactly at the bottom of the reticle. 10 lines equals 60 inches at 300.

Iā€™d be happy to give my information to someone if they could plug it in the street lock for me. Iā€™m 3.5ā€Ā inches above the center of the bore at
1f441.svg
piece.Ā 

Dead on at 100 yards. 29 grainĀ 25 caliber slug at 930 ft./s.Ā 

iā€™m going to use my manual methods for right now. I figure I need 500 clicks at 300 yards, which is three eights inch per click, which should move me 16 feet. I will set the scope at 20 X, And each milĀ line should give me an additional 6 inches of elevation compensation, correct?

mike

Iā€™m with Daveā€¦

I just did the math. So I had 340 clicks. Which leaves 160 clicksā€¦So that should be 20Ā slots or lines on my milĀ Scope retical. Which puts me exactly at the bottom of the reticle. 10 lines equals 60 inches at 300.

3.5 inch seems awfully high. Can you measure from top of the objective bell to either top or bottom of the barrel? Then measure the diameter of the barrel and the bell. I can send you the dope/drop table once you get that part measured.Ā