Diana And so it begins..The 333/65 rebuild. The conclusion...

I'd like to thank everyone for the tips and advise. Even had a few pm me with some tricks, some i used , some i didn't.
The seals came today and was i ever ready to get it done. I'll admit some of the comments had me doubting that i'd pull it off. But i will say that i would tackle it again in a heartbeat now that i know the layout better. I cut a graphite golf shaft down to slide the seals on the pistons, took longer to cut the shaft than it did to put the seals on , just slid on by hand. The teeth looked fine on the pistons and the cogs, both pistons matched up at the back like the teeth ran out so i think that's not an issue. I only cut myself once, which is a new record low and really the only mishap was i let a trigger spring get away from me. I heard it bounce off the wall then the ceiling and then heard it hit the floor.
With the help of a strong magnet, i found it. Other than that, it went together well.
I've fired off about a dozen shots and it seems to be getting stronger with each shot. Maybe the lubes getting to the right places, dunno. This is the first giss gun i've ever fired and man am i impressed. I thought the 54 was recoiless, but this is a whole nother level. Now i'm going to get to shooting, sighting in and seeing how well it will group.
DSC02483.JPGThis is where my day started.
DSC02494.JPGThis is the golf club shaft to put on the seals.
DSC02495.JPG
DSC02497.JPGThe finished product. whew.
DSC02498.JPG
DSC02499.JPG
DSC02500.JPG
DSC02501.JPG

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Holy Cow, this is the first group i've had the pleasure of shooting with this rig. All i have on hand for wadcutters is an old tin of rws hobbys. Haven't adjusted the sights or cleaned the barrel.
Mind you, i can't see for poop and these sights are hard for me. Luckily the target lets me center the spot in the front arpeture, perfect size or i'd have been in trouble.
10m 5 shots, i think i'll quit now as i have nowhere to go but down. DSC02503.JPG
DSC02504.JPG

Reactions: beerthief
Holy Cow, this is the first group i've had the pleasure of shooting with this rig. All i have on hand for wadcutters is an old tin of rws hobbys. Haven't adjusted the sights or cleaned the barrel.
Mind you, i can't see for poop and these sights are hard for me. Luckily the target lets me center the spot in the front arpeture, perfect size or i'd have been in trouble.
10m 5 shots, i think i'll quit now as i have nowhere to go but down. View attachment 452113View attachment 452114
Wonderful job and nice shooting , i have 2 gliss set ups one is broken

Reactions: muddydogz
all i did was give you something to look out for, some ideas, some knowledge and that is what the forum and or all forums are about
to make the members better to teach i little of what we know so it can be passed on, i am 74 years old and will be here for a day or ten years and to be able to help a member with a project that is not easy for the first time is my pleasure
i have a background as a Chef and a part of a Chefs job is to teach and that has never left me
but you are the one who did the work and now you have the knowledge that can be passed down to the next person and in doing so as long as there are parts this old rifle and pistols will be enjoyed by a new generation of shooter
it has been a pleasure to help and read your post and others to bring your project to completion

enjoy your Diana

mike in Washington state

Reactions: muddydogz