• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch And sister makes three

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
Drove to the Post Office in town. Walked out with a long heavy box. It was my first stop of a 7 hour journey. Drove me crazy to have it behind me all day, whispering to me. Got home. After unpacking and sit down with a coffee, I finally check it out.
I give my rifles a name and this one is “Lucy” same as Albert King’s guitar. It’s a HW90 .177 cal. #3.
IMG_8115.jpeg
I can’t wait to play with the pump and gauge on this one. Last nite I read an article on Weihrauch’s site about the 90 testing down to 10 bar.
The 90’s are growing on me like an infection. I actually went to buy a .22 cal. but they were sold out, so I got the sister .177. Definitely a good candidate for a custom stock.
I noticed a safety on the trigger.
IMG_8117.jpeg
That’s a first. Haven’t looked at it. Looks simple
Any one know how to remove the trigger lock?
Man, my internet is as slow as sh—, sliding up a board.
4 1/2 hrs. later had another pic. can’t wait till tomorrow. Crow

IMG_8116.jpeg

That's a beautiful rifle. I really want to own a gas ram, it will be my next springer. Holding out for a .20, just to check that box off, too. Keep us posted how it shoots, I can't help you with the lock :).
Thanks. I have to say it’s worth the wait, what ever it is. Crow
Maybe put a couple finishing nails in the holes and see if it unscrews with an adjustable wrench. I have seen cheap trigger locks that screw together with a proprietary “key”.
It came out real easy. Crow
I love mine in .22
It’s my missing link. Crow

Reactions: fishing43
Nice addition to the fleet.😻
Been shooting it this morning. Harder to jack than the Hatson 135. Déjà vu. Crow.
Nice one Crow. Hopefully she plays as nice as the real Lucille!

Ya, Thanks. Lucille is BB Kings Gibson. Lucy is Albert King’s Flying V. Saw BB but not Albert. There’s a video of Albert and Stevie Ray in a studio in Hamilton not far from here. 🎸 Dosen’t get much better.
Been addicted to Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green and Otis Spann. “I need some air” “ Country Country Girl”.
I’m always playing the blues when I’m on my range. Major karaoke.. Crow
You should see what I do for an encore.

Reactions: .20calguy
Looks really good. So you pumped it up by hand with the pump shown? How many pumps?
Yes. When you buy a 90 and shoot it out of the box I believe factory setting are set at 22 bar. With the gauge you can measure and decrease pressure with light taps. It’s really really cool. You can play around and hopefully find the perfect setting. When you Jack it out of the box eat your Wheaties. It’s the strongest pull of all my guns. But as the bars lower, the jacking gets much easier. Amazing gun.
‘The HW90 .25 was my first Wiehrauch, hated it, with a passion. It collected dust for 2 yrs. Read a post here by Jayjay. Then Froggy was on my post with his .22 cal.
I turned mine down to 18 bar, game changer.
I’ve never used the pump, but I will. Crow
Congratulations Crow. The rams are my favorite. So much range and the best cocking/shooting behavior. Can be problematic but so can anything. Tear em up!
Thanks. They’re quickly becoming mine as well. I’ve never had one apart. Some day. 👍Crow

Yes. When you buy a 90 and shoot it out of the box I believe factory setting are set at 22 bar. With the gauge you can measure and decrease pressure with light taps. It’s really really cool. You can play around and hopefully find the perfect setting. When you Jack it out of the box eat your Wheaties. It’s the strongest pull of all my guns. But as the bars lower, the jacking gets much easier. Amazing gun.
‘The HW90 .25 was my first Wiehrauch, hated it, with a passion. It collected dust for 2 yrs. Read a post here by Jayjay. Then Froggy was on my post with his .22 cal.
I turned mine down to 18 bar, game changer.
I’ve never used the pump, but I will. Crow

Thanks. They’re quickly becoming mine as well. I’ve never had one apart. Some day. 👍Crow
Thanks, let us know when you use the hand pump and how difficult it is to bring it up to pressure. I'm mostly curious about how it acts in the wild.

Reactions: crowski
I had a .177 Beeman RX1 for a time right after they first came out. It was actually an RX; the ram blew and I called Beeman about repair. They were wanting to install new parts in the ram to upgrade the rifle to an RX1 at no charge while they had it for repairs plus offered me a discount on a Super tune so I let them do it. It was most accurate with H&N Barracuda Match and shot those at 950 fps after their tuning. They filled the ram with "Super Gas" which was Beeman hype for nitrogen. The cocking effort was quite a bit less than it had been originally but I have no idea what the ram pressure was set at. Some lighter pellets shot supersonic speeds and went all over the place.

Thanks, let us know when you use the hand pump and how difficult it is to bring it up to pressure. I'm mostly curious about how it acts in the wild.
You may never need to pump if your happy with it’s power. It’s not a PCP with a tank. I don’t know how it works, never had apart yet. Different animal all together. It’s heavy but would be lethal on the critters. Crow
I had a .177 Beeman RX1 for a time right after they first came out. It was actually an RX; the ram blew and I called Beeman about repair. They were wanting to install new parts in the ram to upgrade the rifle to an RX1 at no charge while they had it for repairs plus offered me a discount on a Super tune so I let them do it. It was most accurate with H&N Barracuda Match and shot those at 950 fps after their tuning. They filled the ram with "Super Gas" which was Beeman hype for nitrogen. The cocking effort was quite a bit less than it had been originally but I have no idea what the ram pressure was set at. Some lighter pellets shot supersonic speeds and went all over the place.
It’s unfortunate the pump and gauge are so expensive. You really need them to use the rifles full potential.
Yesterday is was just getting started. It was 56 F. in morning, had lunch and the temp. dropped 40 degrees and a dirty north wind. It’s 12 F now. I’ll pick it up tomorrow where I left off. Crow

Reactions: PEP3
Been shooting it this morning. Harder to jack than the Hatson 135. Déjà vu. Crow.

Ya, Thanks. Lucille is BB Kings Gibson. Lucy is Albert King’s Flying V. Saw BB but not Albert. There’s a video of Albert and Stevie Ray in a studio in Hamilton not far from here. 🎸 Dosen’t get much better.
Been addicted to Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green and Otis Spann. “I need some air” “ Country Country Girl”.
I’m always playing the blues when I’m on my range. Major karaoke.. Crow
You should see what I do for an encore.
Good catch on the guitar error. Saw King and Lucy ....doh!!!
I've seen that video. Stevie Ray....the man! Saw him live. Unbelievably loud!!

Anyhow....Best of luck with Lucy!!! You should step up to a full blood Theoben. You will love it......guaranteed!!!!!