• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

An unexpected unusual quarry

Took the BOG death grip out today with the Taipan Compact, to get a feel for tripod shooting. I am waiting for the scope for my Taipan Long, which is what I think I will use the tripod on much more.
IMG_0148.jpeg

After goofing around with this setup for a bit, I took the gun out of the BOG and went to check for rabbits in the evergreen rows. I didn’t find any, but then I saw a big thistle sticking out of one of the spruce trees. The big kind with big thorns that go right through a leather glove. So I need to dig that out soon. It had a big flower right at the end of the biggest stalk that would have gone to seed in the next day or two. So I took the flower out at about 17 yards
IMG_0150.jpeg

Took the BOG death grip out today with the Taipan Compact, to get a feel for tripod shooting. I am waiting for the scope for my Taipan Long, which is what I think I will use the tripod on much more.
View attachment 380490
After goofing around with this setup for a bit, I took the gun out of the BOG and went to check for rabbits in the evergreen rows. I didn’t find any, but then I saw a big thistle sticking out of one of the spruce trees. The big kind with big thorns that go right through a leather glove. So I need to dig that out soon. It had a big flower right at the end of the biggest stalk that would have gone to seed in the next day or two. So I took the flower out at about 17 yards
View attachment 380498
You’re going to need a pallet of pellets… weeding from a distance, I like it.👍