• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

An Ode to the Dirte Man.

d3d61473e51deb95c3ee6b0f98ded34b.jpg
c245b852e25684ca2668f0eee441740b.jpg

Here is my rendition of Dirte's target. It is certainly not as big or good, but it's built like a tank. I incorporated a lot of his ideas. 1/16 steel plate backing, chuck full of rubber mulch, handle, and wind flag. I used a rubber tile like the kind you get for kids to play on/with. Need some minor tweaking still, will finish mañana. 

Reactions: Dirte
I think I have the same tile that looks like puzzle pieces but mine are dark gray I bought at home depot. I use them to cover a plywood and semi truck mudflap sandwich target backer. It's been outdoors for about 2 years and kinda "self heals" after being hit by pellets. It still looks pretty good. Should work great for how you are using it to holdin in your rubber mulch.

G'day,

I use those green tiles [or a similar Australian version] on the front of my rubber-filled target box too - three or four tiles in front. I find they don't last terribly long, especially with wad-cutters, but they are cheap. I try to rotate them before the centre gets shot out. I can think of no material which will absorb pellets and still remain intact so they are an expendable item for me to be replaced regularly.

Jim

Via Ballarat
Australia