An interesting Story

I was looking on another forum and saw posted that Walmart had the Winchester 1100S on sale for $38.00. I tried to order one but couldn’t because when I went to checkout it said they could not deliver to this zip code. That irritated me as my local Walmart sells airguns as well as firearms and ammunition. It didn’t make sense. I decided I was going to try to contact Walmart and find out why. A visit to my store got no answers, so I researched online and found the name of Walmarts CEO, a Mr. Doug McKinnon and it had his email listed also. I emailed Mr. McKinnon to see what answer I would receive, not expecting a reply at all. The next day I receive a reply from a woman and she writes that yes they should be delivering to this zip code. She then states that Walmart is out of stock for that airgun and it will be removed from their website, however, she will contact the supplier (Daisy) and see if they had any in their warehouse and if they did she would have one shipped to me. They just needed my address. So I answered with my address never expecting to see the gun or hear from them again, but I was satisfied that they heard what I had to say. Well this morning Fed Ex dropped one off at my door at no charge. This whole process took 4 days. Never asked them to send me a free gun and was just hoping I could get them to change their policy. It is nothing special, just a cheap springer, but it will be fun to mess with. I guess it paid to complain. 

Reactions: toomanydogs
If you do it in a polite and respected way...I too have found that even big companies can be very responsive to customer questions.

It made me feel good and not taken for granted..plus they got me hooked.

This is important. Respect goes a long way. Good story. Thanks fir sharing your experience.

Amen, like the old saying goes "you get more flies with honey than vinegar" No truer words were ever spoken.

I've had similar experiences with large companies - you just have to get through the low level cronies that either have no concept of the actual policies, much less what leadership would actually want done, or those that are programed to gate keep and say "NO" at the drop of a hat. The higher up you go, the closer you get to the personal service that you might get from a smaller company. Sometimes, anyway :)