• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

An Excellent Rat Hunt

Chapter 4

An Excellent Rat Hunt!

If you remember last time we hunted the pig farm it was rather disgusting. Friday night was a whole different ballgame. We had two days of very welcome rain and it scoured the noxious offending pens. O happy day! Rats running everywhere and we had the place to ourselves and we could breathe.

We were using red lights mounted on our guns. Mike started with his “Baby” minicricket with what turned out to be a POS red dot. It did not work so he switched to his

Edgun .25 R5M with scope set at 4X and my Centercut tuned Bantam .177 with a 1X green dot sight. I had one magazine loaded with JSB 13 Monsters and then the remainder was a tin of HN 10.65 Hunter Extreme. Ed was devouring AA25’s.

We split up for a first walk through and right away I heard the distinct THWACK THUMP of .25 spitting destruction. Crap he’s already ahead of me. RB!!! Again and again he’s doing it. This is Bullpoop! Oh there is a big ass almost totally black rat. He is almost invisible, sneaky bastard. Lets see what those 13grain .177 monsters will do. PALLLLUMMP. Drt! OH man that really smacked him. I only have 10 of them left.

We were just getting started and within the first 15 minutes I was into my second mag now shooting HN’s. Those Monsters were real killers. Did a better job then the HN anchoring these tough guys. You could hear the distinct difference.

Met up with Mike and we sat in a special little corner with a great view going out maybe 60 yards or so. My little green dot was so fast and deadly but I just could not see the beady eyes like that 4X of Mikes. I had recently destroyed my little red light by inserting a 3.7-volt battery. Damn it was so bright and tight. That beam was killer till it fried itself. So I got a new gigantus rex light using the 18400 batteries. First rat it hit caught fire and looked like the Chariots of the Gods as he streaked away shrieking and squealing. Mike’s mouth fell open and he was dumb struck. Finally he spoke these prophetic words. “I thought we had some bad poop at work but that was JWR badass!”

So that big light along with the 4X scope would allow Mike to see beady little eyes hiding in amongst the junk piles but I could not see them. So I’m limited to maybe 30 yards per shot and he is tearing them up way past my ability to see. But damn could it be heard. I did see rat bodies flying all torn asunder reminiscent of ancient broadsword battles.

We needed to make another walking pass so this time I took the inside of the yard and Mike stayed along the drive. The pens have a high concrete curbing all around and most pens have some kind of critter inside the wire enclosures. So we have got to be very careful. The rats and squirrels have riddled the edges with holes and will run along the tops or right next to the curbing then dive into a hole.

My light was so bright I would switch it off and on to catch the sneakers. Mike was on the other side of the pens so we stirred them up a bit. We both started shooting and got or missed the first batch now it was wait a bit for them to get bold again. It wasn’t long before I see an albino rat running balls out tight against the curbing moving left to right. Oh poop that’s a center station skeet bird. Green dot on nose move with it squeeze trigger keep follow through and the little bastard slid to a stop stone dead. I was soo happy!

I wanted to yell or pick him up and throw him over the fence at Mike.

The killing went on for another hour and around 11:30 we escaped. We both went through seven plus magazines. Blood lust fulfilled, rat bodies everywhere. No serious stink on us. We are eRaticators!

Chapter 5
1540514387_20335949825bd262538e52b4.60860395_bantam1.jpg
1540514411_20637844965bd2626b7eb397.89866650_bantamgreendot.jpg

MOD EDIT: MOVED TO HUNTING SECTION. AGAIN