• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

An epic day of air gunning. Really epic.

I have been having a rough year when it comes to leisure time. I just have not had any. I decided that this weekend one day would be for me and the Airguns.
Today was the day and I invited a good friend who had shown interest in the air guns.
The weather was great, about 80 degrees and very light winds. At first the squirrels were reluctant and shooting was sparse. As they day wore on the shooting got fast and furious.
I set my friend up with my 22 cal M3 shooting NSA 27.5’s. Gave him the walk through on operating the gun and stayed right with him through the first magazine. He kept his shots to 50 yards and closer and as the day wore on he began stretching the legs on the M3. His longest shot was around 145 with several others around 120 yards.
Then I drug out my Panthera. It was the maiden hunting trip for the gun. I have converted the gun to a front bottle gun and all I will say is that it exceeded my expectations.
We shot a lot today and it was nice to share the day and the field with a good friend. Shooting was fast and furious at times steady at others.
I have been shooting ground squirrels for almost 45 years and this day stands out as the best I have ever had. Between the Panthera‘s performance, the high volume shooting, time with a friend and yeah I have made a convert to our wonderful sport. We parted company with him taking my Maverick compact 22, a tin of JSB 18.13’s and my small air tank. Told him to have a great time and get used to the gun before he went off the rails on an M3.

"Time is what we want most but what we use worst" - William Penn.

@Chukar60 - Glad you had fun, you should shoot more often. I suggest a pistol like the P17, great little inexpensive shooter. Can be used indoors or outdoors for five minutes or longer. No need to pack everything up and then driving to the range. I have 25 feet in my basement with a box of duct seal. Really helps my sanity.