Tuning An attempt to fix an Inaccurate barrel pics included

Got a high end.22 new gun but it's barrel was not shooting good.

Inspected it and found that the breach was tight while the muzzle was loose.

Strange.

Installed another barrel of same make and all things got aligned. It became laser as usually these guns are known for

Machined the breach end and developed a proper lead.

Then choked the muzzle end.

20240409_182714.jpg
20240409_182720.jpg
20240409_182732.jpg

Then pushed through it some pellets of JSB 18 grain and then 25 grain redesigned.

Here are pics of pellets pushed through this polygonal barrel.

Sorry for my dirty hands due to this project.

20240409_183146.jpg
20240409_183110.jpg
20240409_183132.jpg
20240409_183133.jpg
20240409_183053.jpg
20240409_183045.jpg

Pellets look a bit better but still no accuracy as before.

It might have some other manufacturing issue.

Trying to find a BSA barrel or to make a solid barrel out of FX liner to fix this issue.

Regards,

Bhaur

Got a high end.22 new gun but it's barrel was not shooting good.

Inspected it and found that the breach was tight while the muzzle was loose.

Strange.

Installed another barrel of same make and all things got aligned. It became laser as usually these guns are known for

Machined the breach end and developed a proper lead.

Then choked the muzzle end.

View attachment 453887View attachment 453886View attachment 453885

Then pushed through it some pellets of JSB 18 grain and then 25 grain redesigned.

Here are pics of pellets pushed through this polygonal barrel.

Sorry for my dirty hands due to this project.

View attachment 453888View attachment 453892View attachment 453891View attachment 453890View attachment 453889View attachment 453893

Pellets look a bit better but still no accuracy as before.

It might have some other manufacturing issue.

Trying to find a BSA barrel or to make a solid barrel out of FX liner to fix this issue.

Regards,

Bhaur
Is that an alpha barrel?

Hey Mubhaur,
Did Martin try to help on this barrel?

FWIW, I have purchased (2) LW NC Poly barrels (1) one choked ....... machined them to fit my RAW's ......... and they shot fine.
You can do the same, but you I think U already know this .........

Since you have had better luck with BSA hammer forged barrels, that's likely your best road ahead (y).

Hey Mubhaur,
Did Martin try to help on this barrel?

FWIW, I have purchased (2) LW NC Poly barrels (1) one choked ....... machined them to fit my RAW's ......... and they shot fine.
You can do the same, but you I think U already know this .........

Since you have had better luck with BSA hammer forged barrels, that's likely your best road ahead (y).
Yes I have contacted Martin. Very nice person. I took his advice.

BSA hammer forged barrel, if found would be my 1st priority.

Reactions: joelayfield
One thing comes to my mind. Many a times the users commit some such wrong act while cleaning the barrel that the barrel gets affected and accuracy goes South.

But the user doesn't share his part of the wrong doing with the tuner.

The tuner trusts the user that the user didn't touch the barrel.

In such scenario a strange situation arises in which the tuner stands correct in his place as he doesn't receive correct feedback.

I have witnessed this in other areas like attempts of the users to fix the regulators and they ruined the regulators but they claim that they didn't do anything to the regulator. In case of regulators, the tuner quickly understands that the user is not giving correct statement.

I am also thinking that how much possibility of such an incidence can be in this case.

Bhaur

Last edited:
One thing comes to my mind. Many a times the users commit some such wrong act while cleaning the barrel that the barrel gets affected and accuracy goes South.

In such scenario a strange situation arises in which the tuner stands correct in his place as he doesn't receive correct feedback.

I have witnessed this in other areas like attempts of the users to fix the regulators and they ruined the regulators but they claim that they didn't do anything to the regulator. In case of regulators, the tuner quickly understands that the user is not giving correct statement.

I am also thinking that how much possibility of such an incidence can be in this case.

Bhaur
Bhaur...it's nice to see that a person like you who knows and works on RAW & FX guns to know when an owner has worked on the gun before sending it to you! Glad you are figuring out the issues!

Reactions: mubhaur

Bhaur
That really bugs the crap out of me when people do that. It would save a lot of headache if the person was just honest and told the truth. I wish people would understand, that they aren’t really getting away with anything by giving it the “I don’t know what happened…I was just using it as normal(wether it be a car, pcp, whatever).

Technicians, police officers, Drs, etc are all professionals at what they do. To try and tell them any different or lie between your teeth just makes you the afternoon humor story amongst their peers. Just be honest. The professionals will actually respect you even more so