• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AMMO Shortage?

I just received a decent sized order of JSB 18.13s from Pyramyd Air. 

As most of y'all probably know, JSB manufactures pellets for both FX and Air Arms from a single die. The Air Arms pellets in particular perform identically to the JSBs in every configuration across my entire collection. 

If JSB Exact Heavy18s are unavailable, I substitute Air Arms Diabolo Field Heavy without skipping a beat. 

If JSB Exact Heavy18s are unavailable, I substitute Air Arms Diabolo Field Heavy without skipping a beat.

I ended up dropping $190 for 10 tins fo FX 18.1gr from Krale...then I got 2 packs of FX 25gr off eBay for $27 each. I should be good now. 

OUCH!!!!

next time I'll try the Air Arms. 

i recommend getting some crosman 14g's and learn to love them while theyre still at a low price point …

I have about 12 tins of new Premiers. I'm affraid to shoot them in my expensive guns because the lead it too "sticky". Maybe that's dumb. But I am afraid of them. 

I ended up dropping $190 for 10 tins fo FX 18.1gr from Krale...then I got 2 packs of FX 25gr off eBay for $27 each. I should be good now. 

OUCH!!!!

next time I'll try the Air Arms. 

i recommend getting some crosman 14g's and learn to love them while theyre still at a low price point …

I have about 12 tins of new Premiers. I'm affraid to shoot them in my expensive guns because the lead it too "sticky". Maybe that's dumb. But I am afraid of them. 

That's just plain crazy. I just got 4 Winchester 333 count .22LR (with slug, casing and powder) in HP for $18.88 each

Somebody's gettin rich

Casting is easy and a big relief from being hooked on commercial pellets during a shortage. It sounds a lot harder than it is... Unlimited very inexpensive projectiles Makes this hobby more enjoyable.

Invest in some basic casting equipment and some sizing bushings to get precise diameters... I do not think you'll regret it

In a way I feel like this is a stupid thing to say because people here aren't asking about taking on some whole new aspect of this hobby... just trying to get a simple solution to a passing problem. 

Note from JSB seems very encouraging to me. I don't use a whole lot but it would be nice to be able to buy some of the 33. grain .25 cal without having to work hard or wait long.

I was recently told that the JSB distributer expects a shipment towards mid/end of August. That the shipment is long overdue because the shipping container got rerouted and it's currently working it's way up through Mexico. The good news is a subsequent shipment is looking like it will arrive about the same time as the first shipment.

I keep telling myself I've got enough lead to last until September when I can purchase more, it helps calm the anxiety.