• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ammo choice

if it needs more than a pellet i'll get the shotgun .. to start lol .. broadsiding some pos after my chickens with a 12 gauge is pretty satisfying, not gonna lie lol .. but for me pcps fill a void around the home where an effective quiet gun is ideal for everyday pesting .. expensive fancy ammo just isnt part of the equation or needed ..

Last edited:
I shot a few tins of pellets when I had my Airforce .25 Condor SS. I found that pellets wouldn't humanely kill prairie dogs.

So I started shooting slugs.

Having shot firearms and reloaded for them, having a projectile with a higher ballistic coefficient an faster velocity made more sense.

My Impact M3 is a prairie dog shooting machine out to 200 yards

20221209_165906.jpg

20220914_162921.jpg

20220112_163158.jpg

I have complained continuously about slugs quite a bit, and rather stubbornly, not because of experience with them, but rather because I fear for the longevity of our sport once they go mainstream. Well, they kind of have, and there is no putting that Genie back in the bottle. Once you try some that work, then you really get conflicted. They definately have their place, and though I do feel that they will eventually end our non-firearm status, you might as well not deny yourself and have fun while you can. If you shoot regularly over 75 yards in any kind of wind or have a pcp that you want a little more range out of, slugs are the way to go. If you only ever shoot under 50 yards they aren't neccessary, and probably a waste of money. I shoot both now for pesting but still only plink with pellets.

Reactions: delooper