Ammo back orders nearly all filled

For those of you awaiting ammo shipments, all of my back orders have now been filled except for one large order with Jeff at Trenier, and having had experience with Jeff, I am certain he will push it through ASAP. At one point, I probably had 10 different back orders with PA and others. They have all been very helpful and worked diligently to resolve the issues, and I am very grateful for their efforts.

Kind of like toilet paper, I have learned to stock up sufficiently ahead so that ammo supply at my range will never be an issue.

After watching the last 2 years of everyone buying up every round of ammo on powder burners I’m pretty sure pellet buyers are also part of the problem. I get people think they can shoot as many pellets as normal and buy like they usually do but that’s not reality in this new world. I’m pretty sure the issues you see now are not going to go away in the next year or two.

"

Kind of like toilet paper, I have learned to stock up sufficiently ahead so that ammo supply at my range will never be an issue.

It's ironic that everyone doing the same thing was the cause of the shortage in the first place!

Or....an influx of new shooters along with a worldwide pandemic, along with 20$ an hour average unemployment in the US, along with it taking longer to get shipments from overseas. , Then maybe after that your theory of everyone going out and buying all the ammo. 

It's ironic that everyone doing the same thing was the cause of the shortage in the first place!

Or....an influx of new shooters along with a worldwide pandemic, along with 20$ an hour average unemployment in the US, along with it taking longer to get shipments from overseas. , Then maybe after that your theory of everyone going out and buying all the ammo.

Those are valid reasons. We have a massive shift to airguns from powder burners flooding our small fragil airgun market with no relief in sight. Our inability to import powder burner ammo from the largest manufacturing countries on the planet is killing us. Same thing would happen if we could not buy phones, computers, appliances. clothing or anything else from China, Malaysia or other countries with 24/7 factories running 365 days a year the size of a small city. Can you imagine cellphones and computers if we could only import from Russia, Mexico, Australia and Italy?

I guess I should return the four tins of Crosman 14.3 gr. Premiers I purchased yesterday? I simply walked into a Tractor Supply Store. Or the 12 tins of JSB 18s I purchased from Pyramid and Trenier months ago? I feel so dirty for "planning ahead" and depriving my fellow shooters by "hoarding"? If you wait until you're on your last tin of pellets to order more? Expect back orders, it's a reality in this high demand world.

When I started this post, what I failed to mention, is that I have kept +50,000 pellets on hand, to test and accommodate not only my air guns, but those of friends and occasionally other AGN members, for years before the pandemic issues started. I just consider this to be a good practice in being prepared, and in these times, a reasonable investment. I refuse to be criticized for planning ahead as that is the way I try to run not only my own life, but take care of my clients and their projects as well.

Failure to sufficiently plan ahead, and be proactive is not the fault of those that look forward in life to be certain they are prepared to take advantage of any opportunity or avoid unforeseen issues.