• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ammo advise for FX M3 .35

Howdy 

Ok so I got my M3 in .35 with the 800mm barrel

I am looking at the NSA 120gr slugs

Should be be getting the .356, the ,357, or the .558?

I am clueless to what these subtle differences in circumstance does and does not do as a result. 

If you have any thoughts on wether or not I will be able to achieve 950fps with this slug? If I can achieve that velocity that will provide me with the state minimum requirement to harvest a deer this coming season. 

Anything else I should keep in mind? 

Thanks in advance for any advise. 

Not sure the 120gr will fit in the magazine. I currently shoot the JSB 81gr at 930fps and the 93gr NSA slugs at 885fps. .356,.357 or .358 is the size of the round and you will need to see which one shoots best out of your barrel. I purchased the .356 and .357 to test and see which one shoots best out of my setup. 
Speed is great but without accuracy your wasting time. I test for speed and get a solid string and then I head to the range to test power setting against accuracy. I like to start with the pellets because that's what the standard is and then I go to the slugs.

As far as the getting your slugs up to that speed I am not sure.

Not sure the 120gr will fit in the magazine. I currently shoot the JSB 81gr at 930fps and the 93gr NSA slugs at 885fps. .356,.357 or .358 is the size of the round and you will need to see which one shoots best out of your barrel. I purchased the .356 and .357 to test and see which one shoots best out of my setup. 
Speed is great but without accuracy your wasting time. I test for speed and get a solid string and then I head to the range to test power setting against accuracy. I like to start with the pellets because that's what the standard is and then I go to the slugs.

As far as the getting your slugs up to that speed I am not sure.

Kyle, like Oliver says, you will need to test. Start with what he suggests and move along from there. Slugs are hard to come buy so I would get what you can and test, test, test. No downside. Pellets/slugs in your position is better than none...

Patrick