• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning American air slayer 357 leaking

Thank you to all the great users here that have replied to my posts I really appreciate it.. this is a great forum.

I have a 357 slayer, when I fill it with air it only seems to want to go up to about 2500 and I can hear air slowly hissing out around the pressure gauge area.

can anyone suggestion on how I can get my gun up and running properly and stop the leaking?

thank you in advance happy holidays and have a great New Year!

https://americanairarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/E-100-1000-01RA.pdf

Remove (7)

Back out (8) two to three turns

Slide off (2) towards muzzle

Gauge is now accessible.

Use some soapy water in a spray bottle to determine the source of the leak. Gauge threads or tube O-ring. Do not overtighten the gauge and and under no circumstances remove the gauge or any part while under pressure.

Screenshot_2020-12-24-14-29-202.1608856291.png
Screenshot_2020-12-24-14-28-132.1608856291.png
Screenshot_2020-12-24-14-28-472.1608856291.png

Slayer publicly chimed on so no worries about voiding your warranty.

I would degass the gun completely before attempting to tighten the manometer.

As a side note manometers may even leak if overtighted too.

Some yellow gas line sealing Teflon tape lightly stretched wrapped properly around the threads in the correct orientation as you screwing it back in would be a more sure fire way if all else fails.

Thank you very much for your reply, I have tried this procedure without any luck... can I please send it back to you for repair // I really want to get this air rifle up and running I’ve only used it once.

If you can’t help, can you point me in the right direction I really want to get this bad boy up and running, Put a Hi-Rez thermal scope on it & go hog hunting.

thank you happy holidays and have a great New Year’s

Paul Winston Xavier

https://americanairarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/E-100-1000-01RA.pdf

Remove (7)

Back out (8) two to three turns

Slide off (2) towards muzzle

Gauge is now accessible.

Use some soapy water in a spray bottle to determine the source of the leak. Gauge threads or tube O-ring. Do not overtighten the gauge and and under no circumstances remove the gauge or any part while under pressure.

Thank you very much for your reply, I have tried this procedure without any luck... can I please send it back to you for repair // I really want to get this air rifle up and running I’ve only used it once.

If you can’t help, can you point me in the right direction I really want to get this bad boy up and running, Put a Hi-Rez thermal scope on it & go hog hunting.

thank you happy holidays and have a great New Year’s

Paul Winston Xavier

Paul, this quoted reply is from the manufacturer. Follow his instruction to fix the leak, if you feel capable. It is a fairly simple fix. 

Do not dry fire the gun to remove air, as it will damage the balance valve. Loosening the middle screw under the trigger rod will de-gas the air from the cylinder.