American Air Arms rifles not serviceable by owners ?

These are awesome pictures and instructions. Thank you all for your time and effort. I really appreciate it. I have a LOCTITE 222 (with purplish pink stripe across the bottle - low strength), is it ok to use it on the grub screw and/or the adjuster - or just the adjuster?

Because of the size of that adjuster in the receiver, I wouldn't be afraid to use a drop of purple there, including a little on the grub screw to hold it in place.

I use purple Loctite on a lot of the more permanently held screws on the airguns, unless they are removed a lot. On adjusters or screws removed slot, I use the VibraTite VC-3. VibraTite was made for adjusting and reusing threaded nuts and bolts where it is applied. Whereas Loctite thread locking compound formulas are made to set up and hold permanently and reapplied if the connector is removed.

I'm assuming these procedures do not require depressurizing the air tube, correct?

Removing the components and butt stock to do the hammer spring adjustment does not require degassing the tube. FYI, degassing is accomplished by slightly cracking open the 5K burst disk plug to let the air escape from there until empty.

I see. Thank you. I would prefer to use that VibraTire VC-3 (I'll order it on Amazon or something). So it's no big deal to back out that adjuster screw/bolt all the way out to apply the VibraTite VC-3?

That adjuster screw holds the hammer spring in place, cupping it centered. It takes a bit of turning to remove it all the way. You really do not need to remove it that far to apply a little thread locker. If you count the number of turns you take with the Allen wrench to turn it out, apply the thread locker, then turn it back in that same amount, the gun's tune should stay the same.

You are welcome 

To get to the HST, you need to remove 4 screws/bolts.

1. Start by removing the 2 screws on the bottom of the picatinny rail with a 1/8" alan hex key and remove the whole pic rail.

View attachment 66933

2. Remove the ambidextrous safety with 2 1/8" hex keys.

View attachment 66938

View attachment 66946

3. Remove the 1/4" main bolt from the lower receiver. The lower receiver with attached buttstock can now be removed to get access to the HST.

View attachment 66956

4. Loosen the grub screw that secures the HST on the upper receiver. I believe it's also a 3/32" hex key.

View attachment 66964

You can now adjust the HST with a 3/8" hex key I believe. Clockwise (CW) to increase FPS and counterclockwise (CCW) to decrease FPS. I usually adjust mine in 1/4" increments at a time. Don't forget to tighten the grub screw when you're done. Hope this helps.
I know this is a pretty old thread, but this helped a ton. Have an Hps and a Magnon I wanted to adjust just a bit. More so for the hps to get some 28.5 slugs fps up just a hair.

Reactions: Peskådot671