American Air Arms ordering slayer .357

Like the tittle states I’m gonna order a .357 slayer from American Air Arms and was wondering on how long the wait time is gonna be, it says 6 months, but how long is it really? Some guys have said a year, others are asking for refunds, and some have gotten guns within 6 months. I don’t want to wait a year for a gun, but it seems like it’s a really good gun just slow production. 

I ordered a Slayer 308 and a 452 in Nov 2018 ( at which point the website said 3-12 week wait) and have not received either. After repeated promises that the 308 was being leak tested and would ship out soon, followed by a month of silence, I requested a refund. While Kinetic 45 reported getting a refund for his, I haven’t had a response for more than a month.

I suspect the people who recently received their 357s after filing a complaint with Paypal just prior to the 6 month cutoff are similar to Bernie Madoff’s first investors.

I ordered a Slayer 308 and a 452 in Nov 2018 ( at which point the website said 3-12 week wait) and have not received either. After repeated promises that the 308 was being leak tested and would ship out soon, followed by a month of silence, I requested a refund. While Kinetic 45 reported getting a refund for his, I haven’t had a response for more than a month.

I suspect the people who recently received their 357s after filing a complaint with Paypal just prior to the 6 month cutoff are similar to Bernie Madoff’s first investors.

That’s unfortunate, not to sure about ordering from them anymore. I do see that airguns of Arizona has their .30 cal evol, but no slayer. 

I’ve heard good things about JSAR and their Raptor and think preorders could make it possible for companies like that to operate when they otherwise couldn’t. The key is for them to be honest about timelines/expectations to maintain a level of trust. 

Lack of honesty is what converts a flawed business plan that means you can’t deliver what you promised on time to fraud.

You're going to love it. They're pretty amazing. Just put you money down and don't worry about or hold him to a date and you'll eventually get it. I was on the fence for years about buying/deposit on a J.L. Barnes air rifle. It was a 4 year wait for those. I never did and I kick myself since he's no longer making air rifles. i have a Slayer in .357. It's a fine piece of machined precision, just do it, or find a used one, either way you won't be disappointed.

Three groups from last night at 235 yards.
1577285086_20692071555e0375dec87272.94930390_IMG_20191224_175406572_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

There always has been a bit of a wait. Some have had to wait longer than others. That is because they go out in batches and are basically hand built. The one benefit from the few who bail out on their orders is my name is moving higher up on the list! Merry Christmas to all.

It’s surprising to me that after extensive documentation of problems (https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=153122.0) people are still making apologies for AAA. The problem isn’t that they are built in batches. If it was, people who ordered 13 months ago would get what they paid for before the people who ordered 6 months ago and still have financial leverage afforded by filing a Paypal complaint within the 6 month limit. Tom has posted that rifles will be shipped in the order that orders were received, which is clearly not true. For those of us who waited beyond the six month PayPal claim period (based on the word of people who vouched for Tom on message boards like Airgun Nation) we will have to use more cumbersome and expensive legal processes to try to recover the substantial amounts of money we paid.

There always has been a bit of a wait. Some have had to wait longer than others. That is because they go out in batches and are basically hand built. The one benefit from the few who bail out on their orders is my name is moving higher up on the list! Merry Christmas to all.

It’s surprising to me that after extensive documentation of problems (https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=153122.0) people are still making apologies for AAA. The problem isn’t that they are built in batches. If it was, people who ordered 13 months ago would get what they paid for before the people who ordered 6 months ago and still have financial leverage afforded by filing a Paypal complaint within the 6 month limit. Tom has posted that rifles will be shipped in the order that orders were received, which is clearly not true. For those of us who waited beyond the six month PayPal claim period (based on the word of people who vouched for Tom on message boards like Airgun Nation) we will have to use more cumbersome and expensive legal processes to try to recover the substantial amounts of money we paid.

No where in what I wrote can it be inferred that there is an apology for anyone on either side of that particular debate. The way I see it there's a small handful of people who refused to wait any longer for their guns. Those individuals had personal reasons that prompted them to request, and in short order, receive a refund when requested. From what I have read no one has stated they did not get a refund as you claim and had to seek legal reimbursement. That particular shipment of Slayer's is now in the hands of the owner's who did wait, and as such, others' have moved up on the list.

No where in what I wrote can it be inferred that there is an apology for anyone on either side of that particular debate. The way I see it there's a small handful of people who refused to wait any longer for their guns. Those individuals had personal reasons that prompted them to request, and in short order, receive a refund when requested. From what I have read no one has stated they did not get a refund as you claim and had to seek legal reimbursement. That particular shipment of Slayer's is now in the hands of the owner's who did wait, and as such, others' have moved up on the list.

You’re overlooking the fact that after a year of waiting and being lied to numerous times about delivery date, I have requested a refund multiple times and have not had a reply.

You’re overlooking the fact that after a year of waiting and being lied to numerous times about delivery date, I have requested a refund multiple times and have not had a reply.

I'd like to take over your spot, can i do that?

I'm one of those people who had an order for over 10 months and got told multiple times that my gun was finished but got excuse after excuse on why it had not shipped (for the last 7 months) until I no longer believed them. Yes, I got a refund after the 6 months PayPal deadline BECAUSE I STARTED LEGAL ACTION.

I would have much rather have had the Slayer but I've been through the 'perpetual excuse' bad experience thing from other companies, there comes a time where you have to bail out or risk losing you money when the company goes under.

I have a used .357 Slayer and it is amazing (It's a RH and I wanted a LH which is what I ordered) and I really wanted Tom to succeed with AAA (still do actually, not for Tom but because it's such a good gun I hate to see it disappear) but when a company starts being deceptive they are headed down the tubes and some customers are going to lose. Kind of like a Ponzi scheme, but I was not going to wait to see if "eventually, if I waited long enough" I got my gun like some people continue to wait....

Tom told me at the last (before I got fed up) that he was discontinuing taking orders and closing production of the Slayer and was only going to produce EVOLs. That there is still an order page is.................. interesting?

As Dirty Harry once said: "Do you feel lucky?"

Honestly, I wish Tom / AAA would license the rights to make Slayers to some company that could actually get them out the door. I'd buy that LH one in a heartbeat. The gun is the best air rifle I own and I have a bunch of Big Bores to compare it to. .257, .357, 457 Texan, .357 Pitbull, .357 Ataman, .357 Hatsan Hercules QE, .357 WAR SuperFLEX prototype, .357 WAR FLEX

Like the tittle states I’m gonna order a .357 slayer from American Air Arms and was wondering on how long the wait time is gonna be, it says 6 months, but how long is it really? Some guys have said a year, others are asking for refunds, and some have gotten guns within 6 months. I don’t want to wait a year for a gun, but it seems like it’s a really good gun just slow production.

Tom is focused on producing the smaller caliber EVOL's for the time being. Unfortunately the larger calibers are on hold for awhile partially due because someone decided to cry rape on public forum about having to wait to long. Unfortunately these things happen but I see a great future for his product lines. I wish Tom nothing but the best into 2020, should be a great year for USA Made. 👍☺️

Tom is focused on producing the smaller caliber EVOL's for the time being. Unfortunately the larger calibers are on hold for awhile partially due because someone decided to cry rape on public forum about having to wait to long. Unfortunately these things happen but I see a great future for his product lines. I wish Tom nothing but the best into 2020, should be a great year for USA Made.
1f44d.svg
263a.svg

Please explain this statement, "Unfortunately the larger calibers are on hold for a while partially due because" in more detail for us. Aside from the 'cry rape... having to wait' that we've all read about now, what the other "part" of this? Because there is still an order process up and running on the AAA website for the Slayer model's and they are still taking the orders and collecting moneyfor them, with an 4 month wait time advertisement for delivery.

Tom is focused on producing the smaller caliber EVOL's for the time being. Unfortunately the larger calibers are on hold for awhile partially due because someone decided to cry rape on public forum about having to wait to long. Unfortunately these things happen but I see a great future for his product lines. I wish Tom nothing but the best into 2020, should be a great year for USA Made.
1f44d.svg
263a.svg

So me waiting FOUR MONTHS before contacting Tom to see what progress there was on my CONSIDERABLE outlay of money when AT THE TIME THE WEBSITE SAID PRODUCTION WAS 2 TO 12:WEEKS and then getting LIED TO MONTH AFTER MONTH and that my rifle was finished and "just needed tuning" or "would ship next week" MULTIPLE TIMES and becoming FED UP and letting other people know what was going on was "CRY RAPE"?????? I waited till the middle of MONTH 10 BEFORE I ASKED FOR MY MONEY BACK!

ALL I ASKED WAS FOR TOM TO FULFILL HIS CONTRACT WITH ME AND GET IN THE SHOP AND PRODUCE WHAT HE'D LEGALLY CONTRACTED FOR IN A REASONABLE TIME, AND BECAUSE I WARNED OTHER PEOPLE PUBLICLY THERE WERE PROBLEMS I "CRIED RAPE"?!?!?!!????

Website rules do not allow me to actually say what I think of your failure to understand that a business SHOULD NOT TAKE MONEY THEN NOT DELIVER WHAT WAS PAID FOR IN A REASONABLE TIME. Would you feel the same way about a contractor who took your money then did not do what he promised on you house? Your car? A store that took you money then never gave you what you ordered? Your comment implies that you think the customer should KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT and not complain and warn other people there's a problem. There are laws in every state that taking money for goods or services then not doing it is a CRIME and this situation I found myself in with Tom was fast approaching fraud and theft, yet my speaking out was "cry rape"?

You are an enabler of bad business practices if you don't understand why you comment was obnoxious.

Like I said above, what I really want to say to you can't be said due to forum rules.

1f44d.svg
263a.svg

Crosman999, I believe you are a corporate officer ( treasurer) of American Air Arms and can speak for them, right? You should make that clear in your post.

Those of us who paid for Slayers more than a year ago and have not received them just want an honest explanation of what is going on, rather than repeated false promises that the Slayers are being leak tested and will ship next week. May I suggest something along the lines of:

“It has turned out to be slower and more expensive to manufacture Slayers than we anticipated, so we have been unable to fulfill orders in 3-12 week timelines promised. We are unable to offer refunds because the money we collected went into shop expenses. We are working hard to catch up and are not accepting any more orders or starting other projects until the backlog has been completed. Slayers will be shipped in the order that orders were received.”

You don’t have any right to get upset when people post honest feedback about your business practices on the forum. It’s a big benefit to the community when people like Kinetic45 step up and do that.Thats why the forum has a known scammers section.

I would suggest avoiding inflammatory “cry rape” comments in your posts unless you are trying to incite violence. Kinetic45 is right that your business practices are likely to be considered fraudulent under California and Federal law, and you may get a prosecutor/judge who will look unfavorably on those types of comments.

1f44d.svg
263a.svg

Crosman999, I believe you are a corporate officer ( treasurer) of American Air Arms and can speak for them, right? You should make that clear in your post.

Those of us who paid for Slayers more than a year ago and have not received them just want an honest explanation of what is going on, rather than repeated false promises that the Slayers are being leak tested and will ship next week. May I suggest something along the lines of:

“It has turned out to be slower and more expensive to manufacture Slayers than we anticipated, so we have been unable to fulfill orders in 3-12 week timelines promised. We are unable to offer refunds because the money we collected went into shop expenses. We are working hard to catch up and are not accepting any more orders or starting other projects until the backlog has been completed. Slayers will be shipped in the order that orders were received.”

You don’t have any right to get upset when people post honest feedback about your business practices on the forum. It’s a big benefit to the community when people like Kinetic45 step up and do that.Thats why the forum has a known scammers section.

I would suggest avoiding inflammatory “cry rape” comments in your posts unless you are trying to incite violence. Kinetic45 is right that your business practices are likely to be considered fraudulent under California and Federal law, and you may get a prosecutor/judge who will look unfavorably on those types of comments.

I have zero corporate ties to anything AAA does anymore and in fact can't speak for them. This has been the case for over 3 years now. Tom is a good friend and hate seeing him get labeled a crook by a few on here. As far as I know he's refunded those who don't want to wait, this is usually not something a fraud does. Too, plenty of Slayers and Evols out the door to happy customer's, it's nice to hear something positive sometimes. I do apologise for my abrasive comment, holiday cheer is running low for me.