American Air Arms Evol 30

I got to hold the EVOL Classic Carbine at the previous Pacific Airgun Expo and liked the feel and build quality of the gun. I have emailed them several times via their website and via their email address to inquire about when the guns would be available. No responses - ever. I wrote this gun off my list. If they won't respond about product inquires, I would expect them to behave similarly with issues. No thanks.

I would have to agree with Green about the no reply and possible no after sale communication and help if and when problems arise.

If you seek something in a big bore that is on bullpup-ish size then I would suggest the Benjamin Bulldog with a DonnyFL adapter and an Emperor.

Hog hunting nominally out to 60-70 yards not a problem at all once you get the trajectory memorized. Longest kill has been at around 80 yards with mine I think it can do 100 yards but wouldn't try on live game until I get to know the trajectory better past 80 yards on a medium hog who was just standing there motionless so I went for it and dropped like a rock then rocked for around 2 seconds with all 4s sticking straight up and did not run off like some do when they are already shot dead in the vitals. It is my Go-To gun if I need to dispatch game reliably that is larger than critter size. My factory barrel seems to be very pellet and slug friendly as well and has not been modified except for the DonnyFL Emperor with adaptor and is ridiculously quiet and can be shot in the backyard along with your silenced relatively pea shooting in comparison calibers providing you have a more than adequate back stop.

I was thinking of having it tuned for more power for flatter trajectory but it shoots so accurately out of the box I am afraid it may negatively affect its accuracy.

BTW I am not a budget shopper when looking for needed equipment to perform the job I need to do. I do own a 50 Quackenbush too but the Bulldog is the one would always I grab being shorter and multi shot and EXTREMELY QUIET since the 50 is pretty long and is also loud enough to raise the dead which are not useful for hunting. Was thinking about buying a custom from WAR but since I got to shooting my Bulldog, it is not needed and I am not so sure it could be made as quiet as this one, there is no blast or bang sound just a ping. Perhaps a depinger may make it a near silent shooting 357 but IDK it is more than quiet enough for my use.

Good luck.

CA

Damn,got me thinking about the Evol .30 again. Decided to buy one the beginning of this year. Sent them all my info and requested a gun a couple of times. Really would love to see it happen someday. If there ever was a business plan it just didn't happen. I hope it still does and wish them the best but I had to move on. I'm thinking at this point it is just a hobby for Tom and a few close friends. You could do what I did and score a Edgun R5. May need to be used since the .30 was a limited run. I'm enjoying the gun so much for hunting that I'm going to grab a R5M .25 soon. Yeah, shame about the Evol......Maybe someday..

Mahalo for the replies!

I’ve been following the Evol from the beginning and I’m sure it’s a quality build but sadly the customer support has been non exsistant at times. I was seriously thinking of buying one but didn’t want to invest that kind of money and risk a company not answering emails or returning phone calls. If things change I might want to try one In the future.

Coldair, the Warp in 30 is a gun that I am still considering. Also the Vulcan Tactic (own a Vulcan gen 2). Missed out on a good deal on an Edgun a few days ago.

Never considered a Bulldog.... Interesting rifle ESPECIALLY when you say it’s backyard friendly! Can you tell me more? Shots per fill, ammo, And FPS? Would you consider adding a Huma? Sounds like the Emperor is taming the bark (sorry bad pun). Never considered anything larger than 30 for my purposes but thanks to this forum, I’m learning more from fellow airgunners! 

Aloha

Mark

Yeah I've really like the gun myself and would like to have one in my collection but I too have had the same problem as you guys. There customer service is very poor and are nearly impossible to get a hold of. All the quality builders have good customer service so in my eyes they probably arnt great!! It's a shame too because the guns look pretty sweet. 

Techoman,

I hear you Brahdah! The Edgun is one sweet shooter! I will never sell my gen 1! Sadly I sat on the fence when Brian had them in stock. I spoke to him and emailed him a couple of times but waited to long..... There was one up for sale a few days ago but missed the boat. The gun had a Huma installed! Someone got a Great deal! 

Dairyboy,

Brahdah, you are one of the guys that I was following when researching the Warp! The Warp checks ALL the boxes and is still a gun that I am interested in! Just wanting to see what the Vulcan Tactic has to offer. 

Mahalo 

Mark

Hi Mark yes still have my flex .30 cal and love it. Has a permanent spot in my collection it is number 9 out 10 on the first batch that war ever made. It has since gotten all the upgrades and is fullly regulated. Shooting the 50.1 grain jsb at 950fps and gets 21 regulated shots with a 4100psi fill. It's a real hammer with 100fpe!!! Also have a warp .30 cal and it's just as bad a$$ just much more compact with a higher shot count making 65fpe. Can't go wrong with WAR guns and there costumer service is top notch. Jim always backs his guns and is a pleasure to do business with. 

Filled to 3000psi 10 usable hunting shots for me but AEAC states 20 for under 50 yards and 7 for out to 100 yards.

I do compensate a bit after shot number 5 (one magazine) but keep 2 magazines loaded.

Here is his review and it does recoil similar to a springer and takes some getting used to in order to get the best accuracy.

I got better groups than what he did but he probably hadn't shot that one much so he wasn't used to the recoil to get it

to shoot straight.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=benjamin+bulldog+review&&view=detail&mid=54703C8C10C09E750AAC54703C8C10C09E750AAC&&FORM=VRDGAR

Once you master shooting it then 3/4" groups at 50 and sub 1.5" at 100 is possible and once you get the trajectory mastered 

and get used to its recoil and give proper follow through then your hogs don't stand a chance out to 100 yards.

This is a pure big game hunting gun and not for target or plinking with and the rounds are rather expensive.

CA

Mahalo Coldair!

Thanks for the video link! Don’t know if I could be a cold cucumber when lining up a pig. I could see myself tightening my grip as the crosshairs settled on the head. However I guess slinging a large piece of lead might help anchor the pig. Helps also that most of my shots are inside of 30 yards.... Thanks for the shooting tip! Off I go to do research!

Mark

Techoman,

I hear you Brahdah! The Edgun is one sweet shooter! I will never sell my gen 1! Sadly I sat on the fence when Brian had them in stock. I spoke to him and emailed him a couple of times but waited to long..... There was one up for sale a few days ago but missed the boat. The gun had a Huma installed! Someone got a Great deal! 

Dairyboy,

Brahdah, you are one of the guys that I was following when researching the Warp! The Warp checks ALL the boxes and is still a gun that I am interested in! Just wanting to see what the Vulcan Tactic has to offer. 

Mahalo 

Mark

Hey Mark,

You still might find a R5 .30 if you are patient. Kinda funny story....when I bought mine from Brian he only had a few left and my hunting buddy was on the fence and waited till the last one was sold......Well, he didn't miss the boat this time because he's the one that bought the gun you saw and we went Edgunning with it last week. I've decided to get the R5M in .25 next and then maybe the Warp after that as I've been following Dairyboy all along also. Good Luck Deciding ! It takes me forever to figure it out.

Cheers,Scott