American Air Arms .357 Slayer

1582077655_18116986295e4c96d7192495.18553472_30E2FB13-F2B2-4222-8CF6-C94B3882AF11.jpeg

Aloha AGN, 

Its finally here, after waiting awhile but it’s worth the wait. I know some of you that have been waiting we’re getting mad and losing faith, I know how you feel but after talking with Tom and finally receiving the gun I’m very pleased. The quality of this gun is one of the best I have seen, the accuracy is excellent shooting NSA 142 gr. I did a 3 shot group at a 100 yards and it was just under 3/4 inch. The first shot was 969, second 960, and the third 948. I just received my tactacam fts 5.0 and gotta set it up with this gun, hopefully I can get some videos done. 
btw, I did add a DonnyFL emperor to it, the stock moderator is quiet but I needed it quieter where I shoot. 
Aloha,

Keone

Reactions: Billinoregon
I have .357 slayer too. Tell me about the DonnyL Emperor? How much quieter?

Aloha Timinator, 

Its made a difference with my 82 year old neighbor, she will grumble & complain to just about anything. When I first got the slayer I wanted to make sure everything was in working order so I took a couple of shot. My house & her house are about 1/2 acre apart, she was outside in her patio and after the 3 shot she called my wife to complain. I ordered a DonnyFl that night. A couple of days later when I got my package from Donny, I set it up on the gun and sighted it in, again my neighbor was outside on her patio and this time she did not hear me. I don't have scientific or professional decibel meter but even my wife says the Donny is quieter, the slugs hitting the target a 100 yards away is louder, I use an old arrow stop from when I used to bow hunt. 

Aloha, Keone

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
They are very nice indeed; an airgun engineering marvel. I get the same accuracy with mine, even at longer ranges. If you give that third shot a touch of holdover all three shots will touch nearly every time. With that Tacticam you can post us up some video of the hogs you take off the islands? That is one of my vacation hunting destinations to do one day.

The few who publicly air their disbelief in AAA and the wait time between order and delivery have been giving it a bad reputation as company lately, and Tom isn't deserving of his bad reputation. What's funny is that there are other manufacturers who have twice as long of wait times between order and delivery but they don't seem to get the flack that he does. 

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
@Airgun-hobbyist

“The few who publicly air their disbelief in AAA and the wait time between order and delivery have been giving it a bad reputation as company lately, and Tom isn't deserving of his bad reputation. What's funny is that there are other manufacturers who have twice as long of wait times between order and delivery but they don't seem to get the flack that he does.”

Aloha, 

You’re right in what you said, I saw other members bash Tom on his build time, but waiting for this gun is definitely worth it. 

Aloha, Keone

Reactions: 7Green
@Airgun-hobbyist

“The few who publicly air their disbelief in AAA and the wait time between order and delivery have been giving it a bad reputation as company lately, and Tom isn't deserving of his bad reputation. What's funny is that there are other manufacturers who have twice as long of wait times between order and delivery but they don't seem to get the flack that he does.”

Aloha, 

You’re right in what you said, I saw other members bash Tom on his build time, but waiting for this gun is definitely worth it. 

Aloha, Keone

If the website order page said 4 to 12 weeks for production (and delivery) then you wait 10 MONTHS then there IS a problem!

@Airgun-hobbyist

Aloha, 

Aloha, Keone

If the website order page said 4 to 12 weeks for production (and delivery) then you wait 10 MONTHS then there IS a problem!

Finally received my Slayer 308 yesterday (16 month wait time.) I still have a 452 on order. Just to be clear, I don’t think people who have complained are just focused on the wait time. Rather, they are upset about having been told that their rifle was complete and would be shipped in a few days, followed by months and months of additional delays. I have heard that Tom has had some family issues that caused the delays. Hopefully he understands what it is that has really upset people and his change in business strategy to only sell through AoA will result in clear, straightforward communication with customers that allows him to run a successful business selling top notch airguns.

@Airgun-hobbyist

Aloha, 

Aloha, Keone

Finally received my Slayer 308 yesterday (16 month wait time.) I still have a 452 on order. Just to be clear, I don’t think people who have complained are just focused on the wait time. Rather, they are upset about having been told that their rifle was complete and would be shipped in a few days, followed by months and months of additional delays. I have heard that Tom has had some family issues that caused the delays. Hopefully he understands what it is that has really upset people and his change in business strategy to only sell through AoA will result in clear, straightforward communication with customers that allows him to run a successful business selling top notch airguns.

If you're too upset with AAA, I'd be happy to buy your .308 from you for what you paid for it. Good thing you never ordered a GL Barnes air rifle.