• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Amazon Pellets - I was warned

Bought a tin of JSB Exact Jumbo Diablo 15.86g .22 pellets a week ago. Tin looked damaged but put them aside. Today at lunch I pulled them out to test against some H&N FTT 14.66 pellets. HW97 Blackline at 25 yards.

Top six shots with JSB, bottom nine with H&N. With six shots at middle upper target. Looked closely at the skirts and many are damaged. Yes, I was warned not buy on Amazon...
Returned the JSB as damaged and will order from a vendor listed on this forum.

target.jpg
pellet.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Bought a tin of JSB Exact Jumbo Diablo 15.86g .22 pellets a week ago. Tin looked damaged but put them aside. Today at lunch I pulled them out to test against some H&N FTT 14.66 pellets. HW97 Blackline at 25 yards.

Top six shots with JSB, bottom nine with H&N. With six shots at middle upper target. Looked closely at the skirts and many are damaged. Yes, I was warned not buy on Amazon...
Returned the JSB as damaged and will order from a vendor listed on this forum.

View attachment 320420View attachment 320422
That's a bummer!😩 I've never got pellets off of amazon🤷‍♂️ always the actual manufacturer(if my go to websites are not in stock**sometimes they have awesome deals too)the websites I refer to can all be found in this forum as well. Wish you better luck on future pellet purchases🤟🎩

Only ones you ever get off Amazon are Crosmans, they are in the tin and packaged in a clam shell. Anything else that's just in a tin...forget about it.
Yup...have about 10 tins of those in .177 and .22 for fun. They transport well. Trying to find H&N FTT online and got a little confused as to 5.53, 5.54, 5.55 size. As a 30+ year dimensional engineer it has me loosing sleep :).

I'm going to measure the ones at home to see what I shot. The tin only states 5.5mm. The difference from large to small is .02mm or .00078". less than a thousandths. But why?

I've had both good and bad experiences ordering from Amazon. I'm shooting H&N Baracuda Match 22 caliber from Amazon right now in my P35-22. The tins arrived a bit dented but group just as well as the pristine tins from Pyramid. But I also returned a JSB tin of assorted pellets for that same gun at least 3 times before I got one without the pellets all dinged up. It was a plastic "tin" which did not show damage but the pellets showed it. The only good thing is Amazon's return policy. If you have time to wait until they get it right they can be a viable option. But Pyramid and several others are a better bet to deliver shootable pellets.

Yup...have about 10 tins of those in .177 and .22 for fun. They transport well. Trying to find H&N FTT online and got a little confused as to 5.53, 5.54, 5.55 size. As a 30+ year dimensional engineer it has me loosing sleep :).

I'm going to measure the ones at home to see what I shot. The tin only states 5.5mm. The difference from large to small is .02mm or .00078". less than a thousandths. But why?
Sometimes on the back of the H&N tins the size is listed.

Back of the H&N tin lists:

B0054JQDDK
.22 cal / 14.366
PY-P-912

Barcode 110418209

Several air gun sites confirm these are 5.54...

And ordered three tins from PA... buy 3 get one. Cool beans.
Our original sticker would indicate the head-size. However, for Amazon, an extra sticker must be attached to replace or cover ours. The ATIN B0054JQDDK is indeed connected to the FTT 5.54 mm on Amazon.

Best regards

Jörg

Ya, i orderd amazon the first box came well packed neat and blatter pak filled.

So i liked that and reordered the same order a few day later .. well the 2ed box was no packing just loose tins banging around in empty space. Almost yore out the box if it had to travel more.. tins banged up and all.. also i noticed each came from a different warehouse. So warehouse #1 had good careful workers and warehouse #2 lazy slop job workers?