Amazon 4 year Warranty

Does Amazon have you send the compressor in for repair, or request you repair it and send them the bill, or exchange the compressor , or refund your money? Read the July 2022 thread and it sounds as if they refund or exchange. But then I read where they jerked you around asking you to get it repaired and bill them. Can buy direct with one year warranty for about $150 less then Amazon.

Square Trade offers an applinace warranty also, it's a bit more costly than the Amazon warranty, but can be obtained for items purchased anywhere. They seem to have a pretty decent reputation also. Allstate appears to be who provides the protection plans. A 5 year Appliance Warranty on an item between $500-$699.99 is $159.99, a 3 year plan is $99.99.

By saving $150 buying direct, it's still a better price than purchasing the compressor and warranty through Amazon. Just another option.

I bought a 3 year warranty with my Yong Heng compressor from Walmart. After 2 /12 years, it died, so I went back to Wallyworld and they told me that the warranty is with a 3rd party insurance company. I called them and they were quick to respond. I expected a replacment, but no, I had to have it repaired and send them the bill. There's no place that will repair a $300 compressor for less than $300 in this one horse town. So essentially, the warranty is good for nothing.

Reactions: BSJ and pecor