Tuning Amaizing latest results of upgraded RAW HM1000X .25

Apparently, a lot of development work is needed on valves.

I was going to say the same thing. If the original design was good there shouldn’t be hardly any better performance by switching to another design or upgrade. The fact that upgrading to a different style valve and hammer dramatically improved the performance means the original design is severely lacking. 

I never understood why some people being so in love with their RAW when from reading on the forums I never saw amazing results. Worst of all they have not updated ANYTHING on their design for nearly a decade. If a design is good then updates may not be needed but this clearly demonstrated a full redesign should be on order. They never even came out with the shorter version of the same thing teased 2 years ago so a redesign is obviously asking too much. 

The finding/results are fantastic and extremely disappointing, another American company resting on their laurels! As an American I would like to support American businesses but I refuse to support laziness and full on complacency!

RAW/Theoben are old design that just work. And they will work 20 years from today. Don’t knock that design. There plenty of complicated fragile designed pcp’s on the market.

And even with them being old tech…they still manage to offer one of the finest triggers on the market. 
And….manage to sell one of the best shooting pcp’s out of the box.

True

I did some more testing today. I had the air pressure of only 225 vars in my scuba so the bottle filled upto 225 bars

Starting 225 bars
Ending 145 bars
Pressure consumed 80 bars
Pellets weight 33.95 grain
Caliber .25
Average Velocity 904fps
Total regulated shors 75
Energy per shot 61 ftlb
bottle size 480cc
Spread single digit

Efficiency factor calculated is around 8.39

This time I didn't shot below the reg pressure as the fps started to drop after going below the reg pressure.

Here I discuss the reasons.

I have installed a valve travel restrictor that I was not using in my previous results.

I installed a rubber ball on the face of the valve travel restrictor to function on the pattern of FX impact valve adjuster.

Now I increased around 15 fps with hst and then started restricting the valve opening travel by gradually adjusting this mechanism.

Finally I achieved 900 fps.

Then I refilled the gun to 225 bars again and did a complete string.

This time due to valve restrictor the spread was tighter than previous testing but at the same time the fps came down just as the gun came off reg.

I understand that the reason of decreasing of fps in the valve restrictor setup is that when the gun went off reg, as per phenomenon of unregulated guns, it should continue to give a few more good shots or a spike but for that purpose the valve needed to be opened for a bit more travel after coming off reg.

Since I had restricted the valve travel, I could not get the benefit of unregulated air and the gun started dropping fps suddenly.

I hope that my current test will also give reply some of the previous questions of the members.

I post the pic of valve restrictor with soft rubber ball on its face.

20220122_191946.1642861458.jpg
20220119_195331.1642861460.jpg

Umair Bhaur

I think what you need to do is put together a parts list with prices.

make it as a complete package to drop into any HM1000X 

im guessing there are quite a few ppl that would be willing to pay for it.

or, if you don’t want to sell the parts, or deal with the hassle…possibly consider making dimensional drawings of the components. Either sharing to the community here, or sell the drawing to a tuner that would be willing make the parts. 

I think what you need to do is put together a parts list with prices.

make it as a complete package to drop into any HM1000X 

im guessing there are quite a few ppl that would be willing to pay for it.

or, if you don’t want to sell the parts, or deal with the hassle…possibly consider making dimensional drawings of the components. Either sharing to the community here, or sell the drawing to a tuner that would be willing make the parts. 

You are very right. In fact difficult to go through all that hassle of making complete kits and there may come some complaints and to satisfy all the users may be a headache for me.

I send some parts sometimes to interested users.

I understand that whatever I have posted on forums and my YouTube videos any interested person can do all this with the help of a good machinist. 

Bhaur