Am I the only one who is sick of bullpups?!!!

"REAPER0D"im not going to read through 5 pages.

but those now entering the pup game i think are a little late. and those trying to get out of the pup game are having a hard time doing so and making a innovative classic design we havent seen or that has new features/functions we arent totally accustomed too.

pups were THE SHIZZ about 2 years ago, now the fads over and people want regular rifles again

but theres only so much you can put inside a standard rifle stock without compromise and complication. a pup is so much easier to hide internal workings and flaws alike inside of and still have room for things like mag holders and integrated acc rails.

yes i have a pup, and i do love it. but i wont buy another one, in fact i have been eyeing a .30 cal fx boss at a local pawn shop. the guy has absolutely no idea what he has and wants 500 bucks for it

What town do you live in Reaper? Pawn shop name would also be nice,,
jk

I don't know any specifics of the Girandoni, but have a buddy that has been building his take on ball reservoir air rifles and pistols for years. He gets some rather impressive power out of his guns and they always tend to be larger bores shooting round ball. Google Mike Reames Airguns.

Also keep in mind that what we consider to be powerful today was not so long ago unheard of power that was a thing of pure myth as regarded by many.

That gun in the pawn shop just make sure its not stolen ,
There was a few guns stolen in a Van a while back in Ca,
That's why I got me a gun safe,
Drug addicted person to pawn shop, Its some kind of air gun, Tried to air it up at the gas station , Still will not shoot.
Give me 25 dollars for it, Pawn shop dealer, Dam thing is broke, I will give you 10 dollars, What kind of name is CRICKET anyway.
Mike 

"scrane"If I am the gentleman, then put me down for not caring one way or the other. This seems to be one of those threads designed to take the long way nowhere. The bullpup is a viable design that some people like and some people don't. What more can be said?
Well everyone has pretty much missed the whole point of the original post but it has been entertaining nonetheless. 

"OldCorps"
"Ziabeam"
"bill_dd97"I'll take one of those.
I would too.

I find it interesting that the gentleman in this video says the Girandoni was charged to 800 psi. HTH could it generate so much power over 22 shots with that very large round ball with what today wouldn't be considered adequate for a .177 pcp???

Ed

More power does not come from higher air pressure. It comes from a greater volume of air for each shot. Air rifles with reservoirs that can be charged to higher fill pressures get more shots per fill but are not necessarily more powerful. 

I remember reading a thread a while ago on another forum where someone built a DIY big bore co2 rifle that was putting out over 300 fpe. The pressure probably wasn't a lot higher than those old air rifles at 800 psi. 

Take a look at the curve on a decent unregulated air rifle. Note how the power initially climbs as the pressure drops. Also not how, if tuned properly, the power doesn't change much regardless if the tank is at 3500 psi or 1700 psi even though the hammer force striking the valve is the same each time.

Fascinating conversation Guys! Good wholesome, civil '"debate" This my friends is why I love AGN!

All I will say to this thread to add my 2 cents is this, I am the proud owner of two Bullpups, both a .22 and .25 cricket, And I will NEVER go back to traditional rifles!! 

The reason I will not is simple, I am a HUNTER! I shot over 46 rabbits this year, possibly 35 squirrels, 100s of sparrows and starlings and over 500 feral pigeons

I walk most of the time when I hunt, but at times I shoot from my truck, and the Bullpup is INFINATELY easier to carry, to swing up or sideways for a quick shot, it is lighter, and shorter than traditional rifles, and in the woods, a gun that is 15'' shorter is a HUGE deal.

Shooting out of your truck, a gun that is only 26'' long is a HUGE deal!!

That my friends is why I LOVE and shoot bullpups. I am a hunter. I guess that says it all......