Am I the only one who is sick of bullpups?!!!

Sick of them? I'm just discovering them. :D

My second-latest rifle is my Compatto, and it is just wonderful. Better balance offhand than a traditional rifle, but no added expense or mechanical complexity as a penalty for being shorter. Accurate as can be, in the right hands. (not mine, hehehe) To me, it's got nice lines. Not as nice as a traditional rifle, but not as ugly as a typical bullpup either.

Edguns are beautiful, to me. Just great lines. Utilitarian, but not clunky:
edgun-matador-r3m-standard-45mm-1387895_l_fd7ca7501cbebf44.jpg

To the member who didn't like the Compatto, how about the Brocock Bantam? (bottle-fed, wood stock available:
compatto_bantam.jpg

Here's my Compatto. I love the futuristic lines, which are also functional. I admit though, I WOULD like it in a curly maple instead...

"zebra"
Speak for yourself. I still want bullpups. For discrete shooting at home, not having three extra feet of air gun poking out the window is super helpful. 

Even when I see a long gun I like, all I can think is "would I ever really pick that up over a bullpup".

I'm curious what long guns people think are so good looking that they could never try anything else? Most air rifles look a little ugly to me unless you buy a custom stock. Daystate maintains somewhat classic lines and uses nice wood but most others don't.

I tend to choose performance, comfort and function over looks but I can't say I find bullpups any less attractive than regular rifles. They look the same but with the stock in a different position. That's because they are the same. E.g. The cricket rifle and bullpup is the same action.

the brocock bantam is a good balance between the 2 realms.

cant pass up the walnut AA S510 FAC the limited edition green stock looks sharp as well
daystate rifles have always appealed to me
airforce guns are a nice new wave kinda take on air rifles. they are fugly to a point but they function at the base of simplicity

"jamieinmd"My AF Talon is as close to a bullpup as I think I want to get. I do like the Cricket Tactical and the FX Bobcat or Wildcat, whichever is longer. I'm a firm believer in the FX guns, I own two. Neither are a bullpup.

what about the cricket standard?

thats a fine looking rifle as well. cricket long gun basically.

same accuracy as the pup but a longer package. havent heard a single negative about them yet to date as far as i know.

i think the bobcat is the longer of the 2 but im probably wrong, got a 50/50 chance

but seriously. there are a lot of standard configured rifles that will shoot the pants off and compete with the pup market.

another one, the cometa lynx.....i know, but its a fine looking rifle as well.

i want a burled walnut or maple stock on a rifle. who has one, i wanna see. loved burled wood

"Lewis"I've shot several but as a lefty none of the models I shot were able to sway me. I have nothing against them from a technical or accuracy standpoint but aesthetically I prefer a more traditional rifle, even the all aluminum 10 meter space guns still look proportional. 
need to get your hands on a vulcan. will most definitely change your mind on the pup market. the foreward cocking lever and the easily changed left to right hand cocking setup makes it pretty ideal for leftys

I love carbines, but I appreciate the bullpups advantages.
I aim to decrease my "arsenal" to two main guns: 1 .22 carbine, and 1 .25 bullpup.
the .25 is covered. Mind you, it is not a short gun at all, but its powerfull, large shoucount, very accurate, and very quiet, and as a bonus you can carry 4 mags under the rail. Its a r3m .25, with john hagan adapter and hogan heavy moderator. Its as long as a rifle, but same barrel in rifle config would make it too long to handle, now its just fine. Btw, I choose edgun, cause i figure its been so long in production that all fault have been cured by now. Still a sexy gun tho 😎

I find traditional sporter rifles with quality wood stocks far more attractive than bullpups. My finger has hovered over the "buy" button for a .22 Daystate Regal XL at least a dozen times over the past six months. The Regal reflects my ideal of classic and beautiful gun design in a lightweight and functional package. 

That said, I am a hunter and I already own several traditional springers and PCPs with attractive wood stocks that I enjoy hunting with. So as much as I like the appearance of the Regal, I don't need one. Some of my hunting guns are also heavy (R1k), and I can easily appreciate the reasons so many prefer the bullpup design for hunting. And finally, variety is fun all by itself and despite their appearance, I'd like to give bullpups a try.

I've noticed that prices have come down recently for some quality bullpups. Heck, prices are down recently for many quality air guns, which can get overlooked because forums often highlight the problems people are having.

Given all the positive feedback, and lower prices, my next purchase for a hunting PCP will be a Taipan Mutuant short in .22. I'm looking forward to giving bullpups a try, despite my issues with their appearance. 

R

Aesthetically, my preference is for long slender guns, but I got a bullpup partly because they don't look as much like a gun. I feel a bit self concious crossing my yard with a long gun. A bullpup, especially where the shroud and the air tube are equal in length make for a less recognisable sillhouette.

I'm surprised how strong my distaste for bottle guns is. I recognise the utility, and I'm a derive form from function guy, but bottle guns are just hideous [shudder]. Give me a guppy tank and a hose any day.

New to this forum but not new at all to the Tacticool battle :) It took me forever to accept the AR platform as a viable hunting rifle. Now I own a crossbow based on an AR frame and working on a three different caliber AR. New to the Airgun addiction, but do prefer the more traditional looking designs. I currently have no bullpups in my pb collection and probably never will. Yes I have handled and shot them, they are for urban warfare. I work in Federal Law Enforcement and see enough non pleasing to the eye weapons already. But as a Veteran I fought for the right for each of us to openly express our feelings/opinions and buy wth you like :) I eventually will own a pcp but it will be traditional be it wood or synthetic stock....
OP your sense of humor and reason for this thread is great ! tks LIVIT

"aa_limited"I don't really like the look of bullpups..im old school.. then I bough an day state airwolf.
it looks like old school thou compared to the new looking bull pups.
Oldschool..... Except for the big bottle sticking out the front and the electronic mouse click trigger. Nothing traditional or old school about an Airwolf in looks or function.

I find it odd that anyone who chooses guns only based on looks would buy any bottle gun, especially if the pretense is that they only like "traditional lines" whatever that means.

What period deserves the title of "traditional"? The style of all guns has changed over time. Is a Musket a traditional rifle? What about the Winchester 1894? Or the Remington 700? What about the Prairie River 50 cal black powder bullpup with Walnut stock? That's kinda old-school too.

If any of those have this elusive "traditional lines", which air rifle has those similar lines? 

I can respect different opinions (to my own) and we all have our own taste but I find it hard to entertain or respect opinions from people who refuse to even try or keep an open mind. It's illogical and nonsensical. There are lots of people who thought they didn't like bullpups until they tried one that they did.