• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Am I human? A sign in problem

Hi, first post here. While trying to start an account here I ran afoul of Captcha. The instruction needed to be seen were out of frame on my laptop. I had to keep guessing at what they wanted. After the third try I finally made it after guessing what the question was. :rolleyes:
Anyway I found this site after performing a query about my Diana 48 and decided to join but WOW that was a job. 🤪
-Dick.

So often I wish it was 20 years ago, or whenever we didn’t have cell phones or internet. It was awesome when home phones became cordless, but that eventually led to this anchor we call a handheld device. Was just telling a friend today that between the phones camera and GPS it has made it nearly impossible to give it up. Can you imagine driving in a city today looking for road names, referencing your map and keeping the car in your lane rather than waiting for “Turn left in 50 feet, your destination will be on the right”. Without that you will be pissing drivers off and may well get shot.
Although youtube and forums like this are very educational. But I lived without it before, I probably still could. I used to enjoy going to the library to research and learn. Cleveland, Ohio had/has an incredible library. I haven’t even been to my local library in a long long time.
Now we have to remember countless numbers of usernames and passwords because of pinhead hackers. Just as I was retiring in July my employer informed us that in a couple weeks all passwords would need to be at least 21 characters and must include upper and lower case letters, numbers and other symbols. All because of pinhead hackers.
A friend worked for a bank that got 3,000 hack attempts per hour every single day. What an awesome thing the internet became.
Received the below statement in an email earlier today.

A very self-important college freshman attending a recent football game took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

'You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one,' the student said, loud enough for many of those nearby to hear. 'The young people of today are much more advanced than people your age.

We grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon and the internet. We have cell phones, nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers, automated manufacturing, amazing technologies, ...and,' pausing to take another drink of beer.
The senior took advantage of the break in the student's litany and said, 'You're right, son. We didn't have those things when we were young... so we invented them. Now, you arrogant little s#/t, what are YOU doing for the next generation?'

The applause was resounding...

You gotta love senior citizens!