• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Alteros vs Lane regulator

I have an Altaros in my Urban. I've had a great experience with it, but it's not perfect. The major limitations of the Altaros are its smallish plenum and the fact it's not vented, which hasn't caused me any trouble but may be a problem down the road. The upside is installation is super easy and I see single digit ES. I'm not as familiar with the others, but I'm pretty sure the Huma would require drilling the cylinder to create a vent hole. 

I have an Altaros in my Urban. I've had a great experience with it, but it's not perfect. The major limitations of the Altaros are its smallish plenum and the fact it's not vented, which hasn't caused me any trouble but may be a problem down the road. The upside is installation is super easy and I see single digit ES. I'm not as familiar with the others, but I'm pretty sure the Huma would require drilling the cylinder to create a vent hole. 

how is your urban tuned?

reg pressure, fps, shot count, pellet….

thanks

It's been a while since I set my Urban up, but if I recall I ended up with the reg around 135 bar. I am tuned for JSB Hades at 775fps for 28 shots from 3350psi down to 1900psi. I do have a DIY SSG/floating hammer, so am probably getting more shots than would be expected with the stock hammer setup.

Check out this link to Huma-Air's Urban installation guide. It's more involved than the Altaros, but because Huma is a better known company, is a vented design, and appears to have a larger plenum it would probably get my vote. It appears that because the o-ring sealing the unit gets moved to the very front of the reg/valve unit that it can just vent out the gap between the valve body and the main tube without having to drill the cylinder.

http://foto.huma-air.com/foto/installation%20guide%20BSA%20Buccaneer%20Gamo%20Coyote.pdf