• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Alternative to impact?

Prophet it preferable to an Impact if you shoot from your left shoulder. You can't move the cocking handle (it is on the left) but at least the magazine isn't in your face. Prophet barrels can be changed to change calibers and it has a big plenum, I think it's 60cc. It is on my list of possible "expensive airguns". Crown is the only FX I would consider.

Reactions: keith1
Prophet it preferable to an Impact if you shoot from your left shoulder. You can't move the cocking handle (it is on the left) but at least the magazine isn't in your face. Prophet barrels can be changed to change calibers and it has a big plenum, I think it's 60cc. It is on my list of possible "expensive airguns". Crown is the only FX I would consider.
I shoot from my right shoulder and really like the left side cocking lever, but that is shooting from a bench.

To increase and decrease power no rifle can compete with the sidewinder.

The downside of the sidewinder is the trigger. But if you are in a position to deal with the trigger, the sidewinder is easy, easy to use, super powerful and super accurate.

But if you enjoy playing with all parts of your rifle, the sidewinder only has a dimmer to increase or decrease power. Could not calm your tinkering obsessions.

To increase and decrease power no rifle can compete with the sidewinder.

The downside of the sidewinder is the trigger. But if you are in a position to deal with the trigger, the sidewinder is easy, easy to use, super powerful and super accurate.

But if you enjoy playing with all parts of your rifle, the sidewinder only has a dimmer to increase or decrease power. Could not calm your tinkering obsessions.
The huben k1 can absolutely contend with every rifle out there in terms of adjustability.

The huben can be adjusted externally on the reg and the power wheel without having to degas or fire off any rounds at all. That design has been around as long as they have, 7 , 8 years now?

The huben k1 can absolutely contend with every rifle out there in terms of adjustability.

The huben can be adjusted externally on the reg and the power wheel without having to degas or fire off any rounds at all. That design has been around as long as they have, 7 , 8 years now?
Same system that the sidewinder but better trigger.

In the sidewinder you can adjust the regulator but is not recommended.

Last edited:
Ive heard nothing but good things about the sidewinder from the people who own them.
I have them in .30 and .25 Cal.

I am a hunter, not an EBR shooter.

I may not think a reason to pick any of my many other rifles for going hunting, except for deer hunting. For deer hunting a .357 is better than a .30 Cal.

The semi allow you to make a second shot immediately.

Since I received my sidewinders I have shot few bird with them. I have not miss any, from 50 to 120 mts. I have shot very few but I have not missed a shot to a bird yet.

Of course I will miss a lot of shots with them, naturally, but they are indeed reliable, accurate: Performers !!!

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Vulcan 3 is one of the least adjustable guns when it comes to ease of adjustment, rifle needs to be disassembled to adjust.
I have Vulcan 3 in .177 and in .30

Vulcan 3 are super rifles in reliability and accuracy and are powerful.

My .177 is SUPER accurate with NSA slugs. Nothing to compare with my other .177 rifles.

My .30 Cal shoots at 120 fpe. I took a white tailed deer with this rifle and a wild turkey. Super reliable and accurate.

You can adjust the trigger and the hammer. To deal with the regulator you have to degas and to HOPE because you do not have a second manometer. But once fully set, the rifle shoots like a champ.

Reactions: golfer70

I second that to the Huben, I know your old .25 cal Huben well ;)

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I have a Prophet II Performance in .22 and its driving tacks and the cocking handle being on the left side has not hinder me to much as I shoot on bipods with a gloved support hand for the rear. I was thinking about buying a .30 barrel but don't think I want to mess up what I have going with the .22. To many changes in pressure, hammer spring, scope settings. So I'm looking at just purchasing a 2nd rig making it easier just to grab the one I need at the time and head out. Thinking a Vulcan 3 since they have been getting some fantastic results.