Alternative to fx?

I have just a few comments...

If you plan on plinking a lot I advise to get a 22 cal and use heavies, or a 25 cal. Why, because a tin of 150 30 cal pellets goes fast. That being said, a 30 sure hits hard so it's great for taking the life out of critters.

An alternative to plan on could be buying a used rifle of your choice and sending it off to a good AG smith to be completely gone through, brand weakness's addressed, and fully tuned. 

If we are all honest...the next airgun we buy will not be our last and if we don't like it enough we'll sell it eventually anyway. The only way to know is to try it out yourself. 

Also, sometimes a person can like certain things about a slightly inferior gun more than a what is on a superior gun, so the higher build quality gun might be the next one to go. Won't know till you experience the gun for a while and when the slightly annoying becomes an aggravation as time goes by. 

As I've mentioned before, and I'm surprised other don't, is that the left side cocking on the Uragan is a really neat feature for a right handed shooter! Control rifle with your right hand and cock with the left. 

2020 releases are just around the corner so there might be some cool stuff ahead that would be worth waiting for.

Here are the facts I have on FX and others from my inventory.

1. Leshiy- shot around 1k pellets thru it not one issue.

2- Benjamin Mrod .177cal - Fill fitting failed and had to order a new one after 5k pellets. Easy fix but it was an issue none the less. I have a Prod as well but havent shot it enough to really do it justice. 

3- two Daystate renegades one is .22cal standard and other is .25cal HP. Both required multiple breech orings and the .22 broke the mag indexing pin within first year. Mags work when they want. 

4 - Daystate RW HP in .22cal multiple breech orings until switching to Viton material. Mags work when they want.

5 - FX Compact in .25cal no issues after 5k pellets.

6 - FX Impact X in .25cal most shot gun I own with over 15k pellets thru it and not one issue. 

So if I look at my own personal experience and the facts, I dont see the FX fear in my eyes. I'm sure i could own others that would be just as good as my experience with FX but they wont be Daystate or Brocock.

Yes, I feel your pain with the Daystate/Brocock magazines. I have a Red Wolf, and it's a laser with the s/s tray, but accuracy suffers significantly with both of my magazines. I had a Brocock Bantam that behaved the same. Seems some folks have no issue with the magazines, and I don't know what the variable is that causes the different results. My FX Royale and my Taipan Veteran both shoot great from the mag. A mystery. 

Hmm seems like a couple people have heard the same thing I did. I guess I should say that I need a hunting rifle not plinking and for the money wanted something with good customer service. However from what I see here looks like service is good just might take a long time for a repair? I heard one thread say half a year to repair his. If that's true I'm out. I love the look on the bsa bottle guns and obviously daystate is classy. I keep going back to edgun tho. If I'm being honest maybe the edgun leshiy channel on youtube has made me drool one too many times. Maybe it's the car wash girls or maybe it's all the melted snowflakes in the chat but I'm really torn. I wanted a bottle gun but those edguns are likely to change my mind. 

Yes, the lelya is next on my wish list. But I've heard lots of great things about some of the bsa's and even the Gamo (bsa parts) guns. I think the best things I've heard and seen about any budget hunter is ATI's pcps. Seems their attention to detail, precision, quality, and service are all on point. 

As for repairs... I wouldn't buy anything I couldn't fix myself.

Late to the Partay, but here’s my .02:

When I think FX, I think adjustability on the fly and caliber swappability (yes, that’s a word, maybe) and Slug shooting. As well as probably neck breaking constant change and innovation. Not all these things are good or bad. 

I also think of leaks, customer service complaints, and alleged poor quality control. No, I have never owned one, but if you read on the forum long enough, you will see a pattern, and develop an opinion. 

So, when looking for an alternative, as the OP says, I think of guns that will be easy to adjust the power on, and have swappable barrels. The one gun that comes to mind is the Leshiy. Another benefit here is they are known to be very end user maintenance friendly. (Have never owned one, but have researched to death) 

The others would be the electronic Daystates, but you will have to wait a bit for caliber swappability on the fly. I have strong understanding that’s on the way. 

For overall solid performing guns, I favor the Easter Block guns. Kalibrgun, Taipan, & Edgun. I really like that magazine style too, easy, inexpensive, & no drama. 

With all this said, if FX ever made a Wildcat with the 3 power wheel from the Streamline, I may buckle and get an FX. 

I bought myself an fx impact not because I particularly needed it, I bought it because I wanted to see if all the hype is justified. In many ways yes it is but there is an awful lot of marketing BS too. 

stripping, modification, rebuilding and tuning don’t fill me with fear but it is a labour of love, so many screws, o rings and little fiddly bits certainly dulls my enthusiasm for trying out new parts, how long would it take to fit a new spring for example.Much has been said about the tuneability of the impact., the external reg and valve control knob and barrel swap are a nice touch but in truth this is not much of an issue to do on most guns anyway.

As a hunting tool, the impact is a very capable gun, my only reservation would be its durability, I am not sure how well it would cope with a heavy knock of a fall. Not sure I would relish the idea of taking mine out pouring rain. If you want a robust gun, then maybe look elsewhere, edgun, RAW or AAA evol are strong contenders.

Bb