Alternative for New Style Brocock Magazines?

Does anyone know of an alternative for the new style flip down Brocock magazines?? The new style is pictured below. Official magazines are over $100! (Ouchie) The CARM magazines are the old style.

Any help is appreciated.

bro-mag177fo-2.1646831329.png

Hi Navyblue.

If you can 3d Print or have a friend that can help you with the print parts,

You can diy print Magz. from my own 3d design I use in my RedWolf.

I made the .22 version for a Greek friend - he uses them in his .22 Daystate Pulsar

Last image is my latest addition - a version which is user friendly for short slugs.

They work perfect- in fact i dont use the org. flip mag. similar to the image you uploaded at all.

received_1285211375244914.1646838107.jpeg
received_525387475172160.1646838107.jpeg
received_2307294439401800.1646838107.jpeg
received_6288177461255701.1646838107.jpeg
20220302_171453.1646838109.jpg
Pulsar flip magz.1646838109.jpg
20220225_145534.1646838111.jpg
20220225_145505.1646838599.jpg

Best regards from Denmark

Claus

Reactions: Skydivingmiami
certain Brocock rifles only take the new style Flip open magazines. You can tell by looking at the pellet feeding probe. if it has a lug on the top about 1/2 or so from the tip, it takes the old-style magazines. That lug engages the spring-loaded detent that allows the magazine to rotate.

the newer style with the flip open cover does not have that detent and so the pellet probe does not have the lug.

I bit the bullet for my Concept XR and purchased two new (Old style) Factory magazines from Mundilar in Portugal.

With three magazines, I'm good for a while, but may purchase a few aftermarket ones just for the heck of it.

Thanks for the responses. My Sniper XR is the new style and only accepts the flip down style mags.

@Navyblue Looks like @engfred has the best thing going for mags. I wish I knew how to print my own magazines. Maybe ask someone who prints them to make some for you and in return compensate them for their efforts, time, and materials. You can also place a “WTB” (want to buy) ad in the AGN classified forum if you have more than 10 posts. Sometimes decent deals come about as a result. 

Tooting my own horn but I have some older style magazines for sale in the classifies at a reasonable price. That said, directly comparing and contrasting the older style magazines with the newer -- the newer flip-down are far better in quality and produce the same accuracy. I prefer the newer style magazines even if it does impact the Pulsar's ability to count shot.

I own a Pulsar and Renegade and have used right hand and left hand original magzines.

I'd say there's about "four" types in the older style that I've tried; below is my list:
  • Metal with metal brass/golden colored cylinder - my preferred older style.
  • Metal with metal black colored cylinder
  • Plastic with metal brass/golden colored cylinder; it broke. The CAM assembly over-rotated due to plastic magazine body flex when the magazine indexing arm impacts the pellet probe.
  • CARM; no issues but can get "stuck" during removal or insertion. Requires pellets to be pushed in .177 using a pellet pin/probe to avoid falling out and jamming.
  • Newer style, all metal, no issues at all. Fast load, dime-group accuracy from a bench at 55 yards.

I prefer the newer style magazines even if it does impact the Pulsar's ability to count shot.
What I did to track the last shot was to use a toothpick to put a safety orange nail polish mark in the groove on the barrel of the mag that is at 12 o’clock on the last chamber. As I see that mark advance, I know that the last cycle is when it lands at noon.

IMG_1522.JPG

Last edited: