• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Altaros silencer

Straight from US Customs. The values would also apply to a carrier other than the USPS or sending country equivalent.

1. International Postal Service: Merchandise shipped through the international postal service is forwarded upon its arrival in the United States to one of U.S. Customs and Border Protection International Mail Branches for clearance. If the item is less than $2,000 in value and is not subject to a quota or is not a restricted or prohibited item, a CBP official will usually prepare the paperwork for importing it, assess the proper duty, and release it for delivery. This procedure is generally referred to as a mail entry. Packages whose declared value is under $800 ($100 if being sent as a gift to someone other than the purchaser) will generally be cleared without any additional paperwork prepared by CBP. However, CBP always reserves the right to require a formal entry for any importation and generally exercises this option if there is something unusual about the importation, or if important documents such as an invoice or bill of sale do not accompany the item.

I don't recall any import fees, nor was European VAT charged. I received my new Alteros moderator in .25 and it is a perfect combination with my Caiman X .25 which was borderline backyard quiet with any of several DonnyFL/0dB moderators I tried. Makes the little bull pup definitely backyard friendly. Again, can be removed for field use where noise is not a factor.

Caiman Alteros2 (2).jpg

Caiman X Alteros (2).jpg

Mine arrived Tuesday and there were no extra fees in addition to what I paid during checkout.

I do like the unit. It is very well machined, close tolerances, etc. On my little 11.5" barreled 32fpe .22 it does a great job of taming the muzzle blast to a nice "snap". The report is higher pitched than my STO moderators, but that can be expected with the Altaros relatively small diameter.

The muzzle brake/air stripper functionality does indeed redirect a lot of the air blast. I need to do some back to back testing against other moderators but I believe my 50 yard groups tightened up a bit.

sorry for the ugly contraption, but I really enjoy this one.

MfpZ9K4.jpg

The best silencer for air rifles made in the Czech Republic, well made, great noise suppression, not expensive, I bought 2 of them, .22/.25 caliber, the .25 one is not the extended version but also has The muzzle suppressor, there is a small defect, with the muzzle suppressor screwed to the barrel, it can't achieve the "ideal" symmetrical balance, but it doesn't matter, the overall quality is good, you can buy it with confidence, send it to the United States through USPS, 22 euros internationally Express, about 10 days, will not be taxed by customs.

IMG_1533.jpeg

Last edited:
I still enjoy mine. Bear in mind though, the guts are merely a translation of the hair curler, felt, washer setup, except the hair curler portion is 3d printed .

Note the bullet path size in the washers and brake portion appear to be the only differences between the Altaros suppressors spec'd for .22 and .25 caliber

I have considered approaching a friend to design and print a different baffle system.....perhaps at some point that will be something interesting to try.

dl5shAv.jpg

Reactions: Bernie7 and qball
I still enjoy mine. Bear in mind though, the guts are merely a translation of the hair curler, felt, washer setup, except the hair curler portion is 3d printed .

Note the bullet path size in the washers and brake portion appear to be the only differences between the Altaros suppressors spec'd for .22 and .25 caliber

I have considered approaching a friend to design and print a different baffle system.....perhaps at some point that will be something interesting to try.

dl5shAv.jpg

Serious? didn't realize the moderator has those things not wonder it's so loud. Think I'll make some proper baffles for my friend's moderator.

Unfortunately we go out and buy these things based on what we read from fellow enthusiasts.
Our ears and a sound meter are what we can trust.
Huma Mod 30 long blew it away in quietness. Ronin was the best. Next Shogun.
FX 30 cal compact.
Maybe they are awesome on a 22. But a 30 Cal. Big negatory.
I know the felt Huma's are good. Is your Huma the older felt roll or new Avalanche style?