Altaros new Silencer with Muzzle Brake

orangeokie: nice photo and thank you for the theme for the ending. As we will make new plugs (we are also counting on the M14x1.25 thread for the Vulcan and Uragan rifles), we would also make a flat cylinder
Here are photos from our customer who made a reduction to fit oure silencer with muzzle brake.

348655903_6990649830954179_7962060020710840991_n.jpg

349158084_253417503942232_9046819314690142048_n.jpg

I am very pleased with my .22 long version with brake/stripper. So much that now I am not so patiently waiting for my short version in .25 which has been sitting inbound to NY customs since May 16...

Fairly effective sound moderation especially from such a small diameter. Very well made, lightweight. I honestly believe I observed an improvement in accuracy on my 11.5" barreled 32fpe .22......the air stripper seems to be very effective, creating a slight puff of wind to the sides of the gun.

I wish there was a flat end cap available at time of purchase....a flat end cap would work better with my applications.

Silencer with flat end cap can already be purchased on our second e-shop with standard 1/2 UNF thread, as well as newly M14x1.25 thread suitable for airguns Vulcan/Uragan and others airgun brand.
Caliber: .22 .25 .30 .35

The feedback we receive from our customers and also our distributors is very good and often is at the level of: " The best silencer I have tried so far "

silencer-with-muzzle-brake-22.jpg

The word non-removable is there because it is not meant to be taken apart. The entire plug is glued. Only thanks to this, it is possible to ensure 100% certainty that someone would not get stuck on the barrel thread, and believe me, this happened to me several times during development and it was not easy to get the plug down.
In general, when new products are introduced, they are not always expected to be compatible with old things, and this is the case. There are also manufacturers who do this on purpose. We are not among them, but we do not see into the future.

So, you're stating that there is no fix to remove and replace the tapered connector with a flat connector. I would need to purchase an entirely new moderator from you in order to get the flat thread adapter.
Correct?
Every other moderator that I have had or have now, had both ends removable, no issues with them "getting stuck".
By the way, I did PM you about this without reply.

Reactions: orangeokie
I like moderators — and of course I want them to reduce the loudness of my shot.

The additional feature by Altaro's ever-inventing, always-pushing-the-envelope engineers of a "muzzle break"/ airstripper is a welcome improvement in our airgun silencer world. Well done! 👏🏼

⛔ However.... — for me — a silencer is a very unwelcome addition to my gun, for the following reasons:
▪ makes my gun longer — I like short guns, bullpups were invented for me, I think.... 😉

▪ makes my gun front heavier

▪ makes my wallet emptier

▪ makes the start/ end of my shooting session awkwarder* — because I have to screw around with the silencer — first on — and then off again
➔ Thank you, DonnyFL, that you'll be offering quick-connect models very soon. 👍🏼

🟢 All this to say:
If I suffer all the above disadvantages of using a silencer/muzzle break —
at least I WANT IT TO LOOK COOL!!

✅
➔ Several silencer manufacturers have blazed the path to beautiful design:
• 0dB
• Ramus (the Trident)
• DonnyFL
• Weihrauch (only their most recent models: XL and XL-K)
• Hugget

Well, that's just my extremely biased aesthetic opinion..... 😉
Cheers,

Matthias

*Yes, awkwarder is a word, look it up in the online dictionary — the internet is 100% the truth, and nothing but.

Last edited:
thank you for the post.
I understand that everyone has different priorities.

For me, the most important thing is that the suppressor does not worsen the accuracy (if it improves it, it's just a bonus) and that it suppresses the shot as much as possible

As one of our distributors wrote to us that, from his point of view, this is the best silencer he has had so far, so I think we have done a good job.
Some others also state that they like a specific look. Personally, I only care about the appearance of these things as one of the last parameters.

The truth is that the silencer development was not planned at all. The only reason would be that in 2021 I decided to have the quietest shot possible and bought a suppressor from DonnyFL (Moderator DonnyFL Sumo 1/2 UNF). But after much anticipation, it turned out to be louder than an ordinary cheap silencer from Weihrauch, which is only 30 mm in diameter. In the end, I returned it to Krale and exchanged it for 3 Weihrauch silencer.

After this big disappointment, I decided that when I have time, I will start developing my own silencer, because apart from the appearance, this silencer was of no use to me, I would only spoil the important features for me.

So I have no reason to develop things if they are already on the market in a sufficiently functional state, but if they are not, I will develop them for myself and if it turns out that they are better than what is on the market, I will offer them to others as well.

Of course everyone is comfortable with something different and I believe that for a lot of people the DonnyFL silencer does a great job and most of all they like it.
For my M24 .25 airgun with a power of around 150J, bur it did not do what it was supposed to do, not dampen the noise of the shot sufficiently.

P.S. here I am attaching proof that I own this silencer. I have no need to slander the competition and I never do, I just give the evidence as it was. It is possible that the situation has improved since 2021, but I do not know that the interior of these silencers has fundamentally changed.

Fl tlumic.png

I [...] bought a suppressor from DonnyFL (Sumo) [...] for my M24 .25 airgun with a power of around 150J.

View attachment 385116

Well, asking a little SUMO to quiet down 110 FPE* — and from a .25cal — that is asking for a disappointment.... 😉
*(=150 joules)

Ronin with extension, Emperor, Huma with 5cm diameter, and STO (high flow models) — that's where the silence lies at those extreme power levels. 😉

🔶️ Keep up the good work with Altaros — we need high quality, high performance gear.

However, if you package it nicely — i.e., highly attractive looks of the product — you can make enough money to finance the next engineering project that your high quality brain is already working on, I'm sure. 👍🏼

Our field needs inventors like you who push the envelope. 👍🏼

Matthias 😊

The DonnyFl Sumo is not a small silencer. It has an outer diameter of 40mm and a length of 160mm.
The Weihrauch silencer, which was more effective, has an outer diameter of only 30mm and is a little longer at 190mm.
If I were to calculate purely the volume of the silencers from the outside (inside it is even more noticeable, as the shell and the ends can have the same thickness.
Weihrauch has 134cc
DonnyFl Sumo 201cc
In other words, it is 33% larger in volume, but the Weihrauch damped better.

Reactions: Ray_PR and BSJ
thank you for the post.
I understand that everyone has different priorities.

For me, the most important thing is that the suppressor does not worsen the accuracy (if it improves it, it's just a bonus) and that it suppresses the shot as much as possible

As one of our distributors wrote to us that, from his point of view, this is the best silencer he has had so far, so I think we have done a good job.
Some others also state that they like a specific look. Personally, I only care about the appearance of these things as one of the last parameters.

The truth is that the silencer development was not planned at all. The only reason would be that in 2021 I decided to have the quietest shot possible and bought a suppressor from DonnyFL (Moderator DonnyFL Sumo 1/2 UNF). But after much anticipation, it turned out to be louder than an ordinary cheap silencer from Weihrauch, which is only 30 mm in diameter. In the end, I returned it to Krale and exchanged it for 3 Weihrauch silencer.

After this big disappointment, I decided that when I have time, I will start developing my own silencer, because apart from the appearance, this silencer was of no use to me, I would only spoil the important features for me.

So I have no reason to develop things if they are already on the market in a sufficiently functional state, but if they are not, I will develop them for myself and if it turns out that they are better than what is on the market, I will offer them to others as well.

Of course everyone is comfortable with something different and I believe that for a lot of people the DonnyFL silencer does a great job and most of all they like it.
For my M24 .25 airgun with a power of around 150J, bur it did not do what it was supposed to do, not dampen the noise of the shot sufficiently.

P.S. here I am attaching proof that I own this silencer. I have no need to slander the competition and I never do, I just give the evidence as it was. It is possible that the situation has improved since 2021, but I do not know that the interior of these silencers has fundamentally changed.

View attachment 385116
I have the STO Sarissa on my Evol Paradigm .30 and it is as quiet as your Altaros LONG .25, M14x1.25mm which I mounted on my .25 Caiman X . . .both are very effective for the role they play.

The DonnyFl Sumo is not a small silencer. It has an outer diameter of 40mm and a length of 160mm.
The Weihrauch silencer, which was more effective, has an outer diameter of only 30mm and is a little longer at 190mm.
If I were to calculate purely the volume of the silencers from the outside (inside it is even more noticeable, as the shell and the ends can have the same thickness.
Weihrauch has 134cc
DonnyFl Sumo 201cc
In other words, it is 33% larger in volume, but the Weihrauch damped better.
Please for the love of god stop calling them silencers. They are moderators/suppressors. They are NOT silencers. The term is hollywood bs,

The more we use the incorrect term silencer, the more likely the overbearing governments will step in and say no you cant use those.

One thing that seems missing from so these posts or videos about effectiveness or quietness of suppressors, especially when compared to other suppressors, is actual decibel levels and just as importantly the frequency levels. High pitch sounds tend to sound louder than low pitch sounds.

I actually purchased a db meter so that I have hard data vs it being a subjective that sounds quieter etc. I'm also going to place it in various locations and record the data. What sound level might seem to be an improvement to the shooter, might be worse when to the side or in front of the rifle.

I received new information from a hunter who used our silencer without a muzzle brake and who replaced the silencer with a muzzle brake version and saw a very positive effect in deflecting the noise from the game, allowing him to hit more nutria at a shorter distance, asthey were not startled by the shot.
to MysticalDragon:
the definition is generally clear, if it reduces noise, it is silencer.
The same term is used, for example, by the AoA store or the 0 dB airgun suppressor manufacturers.

Silencer data across silencer brands is always problematic in that people will not recognize the measurement methodology or the location of the measurement point, which is why none of the airgun silencer manufacturers provide these data on the website. The most reasonable thing is to let people express their opinion or comparison, because for a large part of shooters the priority is what is the damping effect for the shooter himself, another part what is the damping effect for the surroundings and another part deals with both.

I received new information from a hunter who used our silencer without a muzzle brake and who replaced the silencer with a muzzle brake version and saw a very positive effect in deflecting the noise from the game, allowing him to hit more nutria at a shorter distance, asthey were not startled by the shot.
to MysticalDragon:
the definition is generally clear, if it reduces noise, it is silencer.
The same term is used, for example, by the AoA store or the 0 dB airgun suppressor manufacturers.

Silencer data across silencer brands is always problematic in that people will not recognize the measurement methodology or the location of the measurement point, which is why none of the airgun silencer manufacturers provide these data on the website. The most reasonable thing is to let people express their opinion or comparison, because for a large part of shooters the priority is what is the damping effect for the shooter himself, another part what is the damping effect for the surroundings and another part deals with both.
NO it is not. It is a SUPRESSOR or moderator it is NOT a silencer. get it right and stop using the incorrect terminology that would further bring more scrutinization on them and more restrictions.

definition from wikipedia, although I'm not saying that there are always exact terms here, so it's a general standard
"
A silencer, also known as a sound suppressor, suppressor, or sound moderator, is a muzzle device that suppresses the blast created when a gun (firearm or airgun) is discharged, therefore reducing the acoustic intensity of the muzzle report (sound of a gunshot) and jump, by modulating the speed and pressure of the propellant gas released from the muzzle.
"

Silencer for firearms have been allowed in my country for 2 years now, it is necessary to fight for your rights, rather than fear politicians that they will laws worse and more restrictive.

Reactions: Silvio
definition from wikipedia, although I'm not saying that there are always exact terms here, so it's a general standard
"
A silencer, also known as a sound suppressor, suppressor, or sound moderator, is a muzzle device that suppresses the blast created when a gun (firearm or airgun) is discharged, therefore reducing the acoustic intensity of the muzzle report (sound of a gunshot) and jump, by modulating the speed and pressure of the propellant gas released from the muzzle.
"

Silencer for firearms have been allowed in my country for 2 years now, it is necessary to fight for your rights, rather than fear politicians that they will laws worse and more restrictive.
While yes it is important to fight for ones rights, its even more important not to use incorrect terminology, especially hollywood terms that politicians latch onto, to encourage the tyrants to keep infringing on ones rights. We are sadly seeing this more and more in various states and communities in the U.S. when it comes to airguns and other areas. This slow subtle creep is making it worse and worse.

A new version of the Altaros silencer combines the technology of a classic airgun silencer and the technology of a muzzle brake / compensator. By combining both elements into one unit, a unique device is created that even better reduces the noise during the shot and at the same time diverts the expanding residual air away from the path of the bullet, which leads to increasing the precision of shooting.

https://www.altaros.cz/accessories/210-silencer-with-muzzle-brake-22.html .22 caliber
https://www.altaros.cz/accessories/209-silencer-with-muzzle-brake-25.html .25 caliber

View attachment 332502

View attachment 332503

View attachment 332504

This new type of suppressor was used in this shooting video:
I have one and love it got it from tony at talon tunes