Altaros new Silencer with Muzzle Brake

A new version of the Altaros silencer combines the technology of a classic airgun silencer and the technology of a muzzle brake / compensator. By combining both elements into one unit, a unique device is created that even better reduces the noise during the shot and at the same time diverts the expanding residual air away from the path of the bullet, which leads to increasing the precision of shooting.

https://www.altaros.cz/accessories/210-silencer-with-muzzle-brake-22.html .22 caliber
https://www.altaros.cz/accessories/209-silencer-with-muzzle-brake-25.html .25 caliber

vse2.jpg

22.jpg

na pusce_low2.jpg

This new type of suppressor was used in this shooting video:

Last edited:
TOF feeling off, might be as a result of editing 2 videos together, i know i have often run into that with dashcam footage from different cameras, even with my best intention of making it good.
When i get around to shooting long and i put a camera up on the paper / target, well i will use a burly "clapper" so i should be able to sync 2 cameras 100 M apart by the sound of the clap.

If that do not work, well then i just have to turn the target camera on at the launch site, then do something to sync by ( clap ) and then walk all the way to the target and put up the camera.
got plenty of action cameras ( 4 ) and also big memory cards and power bank galore, so should be able to video that one good shot, even if it take 90 near misses first.

Last edited:
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I think they developed that moderator for their M24 sniper rifle that does not have a shroud.
yes, as I already wrote somewhere, I primarily produce products that I need for myself, and if I consider them to be good, they are offered to our customers.

What velocity? Time of flight seems quick for the distance? Maybe I’m just watching too many slo mo vids.
262 m/s 859 fps. Flight time should be around 1.02s. It is best to trace over the image in some program where individual frames can be counted. It is necessary to realize that it cannot be compared with some slugs with BC 0.1 against these BC 0.21. It makes a big difference if the slug slows down significantly during flight or not.

Later we will also offer a shorter version with a length similar to our basic silencer. I tried the silencer on 10pcs M24 and everywhere it showed better accuracy parameters than the old ones without a muzzle brake.
Hole alignment should be very good with a 1/2 UNF thread.

A new version of the Altaros silencer combines the technology of a classic airgun silencer and the technology of a muzzle brake / compensator. By combining both elements into one unit, a unique device is created that even better reduces the noise during the shot and at the same time diverts the expanding residual air away from the path of the bullet, which leads to increasing the precision of shooting.

https://www.altaros.cz/accessories/210-silencer-with-muzzle-brake-22.html .22 caliber
https://www.altaros.cz/accessories/209-silencer-with-muzzle-brake-25.html .25 caliber

View attachment 332502

View attachment 332503

View attachment 332504

Nice

View attachment 332502

View attachment 332503

View attachment 332504

What are they goin for

Just going to say .... LONGER the LDC becomes, greater is the chance of radial & parallel alignment to bore staying true.
Most compensate for this with larger bore threw the LDC ... Larger the bore to caliber shot threw it, less effective the device becomes.

Long LDC's require VERY PRECISE threading and square shoulders, concentric machining that a lot of Barrels / Shrouds & Adapters already have issue in this regard.
I'm sure a great product, just being able to use it w/o clipping may be an issue for many ?

Last edited:
Just going to say .... LONGER the LDC becomes, greater is the chance of radial & parallel alignment to bore staying true.
Most compensate for this with larger bore threw the LDC ... Larger the bore to caliber shot threw it, less effective the device becomes.

Long LDC's require VERY PRECISE threading and square shoulders, concentric machining that a lot of Barrels / Shrouds & Adapters already have issue in this regard.
I'm sure a great product, just being able to use it w/o clipping may be an issue for many ?
The muzzle brake already has a slightly larger hole size than the baffles in the silencer, so this partially reduces this problem.
As I wrote, I tested it on several M24 rifles and everything was fine.
If the manufacturer makes a bad barrel fit with the external thread for the suppressor, then it is primarily the rifle manufacturer's fault and then it really depends on the bore size of silencer. We have relatively large reserves. for caliber 6.35 ( .25 ) the output opening is 8.5 mm.
In about 2-3 weeks we will also include a standard total length silencer + muzzle brake of size 190 mm / 7 1/2 inch

We haven't had any problems with the export to the USA for the silencer.

Reactions: gendoc
Love the concept, I feel a lot of people have seen the benefits of muzzle brakes/air stripping on high power air rifles, so this was just a matter of time.

However, I think you MAY see versions that slide over the barrel like that version Hans made and I believe Foxx has one as well (to make the overall length of the silencer shorter) bc 8.5" + the muzzle brake a very long piece of kit

However, I think you MAY see versions that slide over the barrel like that version Hans made and I believe Foxx has one as well (to make the overall length of the silencer shorter) bc 8.5" + the muzzle brake a very long piece of kit
as I already wrote, soon we will be able to purchase the classic normal length for silence, namely 7 1/2 inch long.

As for the silencer slide over the barrel, I tested them, their efficiency is quite low and they can generally only be used as an airgun manufacturer, because otherwise you are still dealing with the fact that there are many types of airguns with many versions of the barrel diameter.

I believe that there are more than 50% of airgun shooters who shoot in positions where the length of the silencer or the entire rifle is absolutely not important for them. Which is all shooting lying down, sitting down, and standing up. Unless it's some kind of dynamic discipline or hunting
I've been screwing these suppressors and their previous versions on and off my rifles for years for easier transport and it doesn't change my POI at all.