altaros m24 most accurate factory airgun in the world

Yes I can’t see any black clad field agents running past ARs and Glocks to get to my airguns! Lol

The problem is not the "Feds", but the politicians. Anything they can do to present a case of addressing the "gun problem", is low hanging fruit for their picking. And yes, the Alphabet org folks might never pursue a single air gun issue. But, we would still be stuck with having to transfer through FFL dealers, and I hate to think about the implications of the silencer issue, which is time consuming and expensive. As George Carlin said, "never underestimate the power of stupid people in large number. "

Haaaa please,

relax, as mentioned this paranoia has been going on for a long, long time,....they will abolish Firearms completely before even looking into airguns.

Also even a .22 lr as the capability of a Big Bore airgun, you can get a semi .22 lr for peanuts,....who would even thing that a grand pus airgun that only has a couple shots on tap needs to be regulated when you can get all kinds of firearms for super cheap and on the black market too,

Please people be realistic and think before you get an ulcer with your paranoia :) :) 

Anyway, where is the air reservoir in that gun ?

how big is it ?

Gotta need some air to shoot a .22 at 60 FPE for more then a few shots.

I read on GTA a while back that the barrel runs through the airtube. Like a big shroud but it’s actually the air reservoir.

That barrel don't look that big,...can't have that much air in that reservoir,

So how may actual shot does this gun actually get on one fill ?

seems to me more of a dedicated bench rest gun that needs to be tethered then anything else.

They use a cartridge its the size of a 300 mag case . You fill the cartridge with them same amount of air thanks to the filling station with reg. Then you put your slug in the end of the cartridge. Air ordance guns funtioned the same way.At 475 yards you see the hitting the same spot ,lower right corner of the target.

Where did you ever get this info from ?

we have been talking about this gun for years on the GTA and that was never mentioned.

For someone that considers himself the most knowlegeble dude in the airgun world you sure miss a lot.

6600, I'm not arguing with you, as I agree 100 percent with your comments about air guns vs. firearms. But you see, that's because we are informed, and reasonable people. The people who sneak in stupid legislation are neither. They are simply looking for votes. I truly hope you are right, and that my view really is only paranoia. 

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
And since you insist, I’ll answer your question.

The most accurate PROVEN IN COMPETITION Airgun in the world is the custom Thomas that Mike Niksch shot at the N50 Nationals this year, and beat a handful of high end .custom 22 Rimfires. Feel better now Wolfgang?

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/a-historical-first-in-the-airgun-world/?referrer=1

It would be good if the team from Thomas Rifles tried these Altaros slugs because they go in standard AG barrels, and it would be even better if Thomas Rifles produced slugs for the market.
P.S.
Please do not suffocate this topic with unnecessary comments.

I'm not speaking for Mike N here because he might not feel the same as me but.... IMHO

I believe part of the success of Mikes slugs is each slug is tailored for a specific top of the line individual match barrel, a specific size of size die is used for that barrel, and slugs at a specific weight that shoot the best in that barrel. It is a somewhat time consuming process to create them as well. He's tuning the rifle to the slug as he crafts the slug for the rifle and I'm not sure of the exact way he does that. Expense + more expense = $$$$ and time involved. So its not quite the same as ordering slugs from NSA, etc, and hoping you have a few types that shoot ok in your gun.

Since he's got a backlog of almost a year I venture to say he's plenty busy as is.

They do shoot darn well out of my HPX though and the BC's are on the high side. I shot 5 of my 42gr slugs into .2", a nice round group, in 5-8 mph wind, at 87Y last month. That was once the gun was tuned in for seating depth and HST. The worst group untuned when we started out was just over an inch at that distance. I'll be trying long range with my HPX and slugs soon once I source a Arbor press.

Man it took so long for the M24 to come to market I lost interest. Seems like a cool rifle though.

Atom….they say there is no “I” in Team Thomas….but, unfortunately, there is nothing but “I”…..lol. Thomas Air is comprised of 1 person…and that person (Me) is uninterested in anything that is not competition related. My slug gun was built with one goal in mind… and that was to become competitive with Unlimited Class of BR Rimfire. I want to beat them at their own game. 

My slugs would be useless for most because I use custom .223” caliber Rimfire barrels.

Mike 

Atom….they say there is no “I” in Team Thomas….but, unfortunately, there is nothing but “I”…..lol. Thomas Air is comprised of 1 person…and that person (Me) is uninterested in anything that is not competition related. My slug gun was built with one goal in mind… and that was to become competitive with Unlimited Class of BR Rimfire. I want to beat them at their own game. 

My slugs would be useless for most because I use custom .223” caliber Rimfire barrels.

Mike

Mr. Mike Niksch, can your rifle fire with a standard deviation of 0.19 m / s (0.63 fps) like the Altaros M24 supposedly can?

I don't think it matters if his rifle can do that. He has proven it can shoot. He beat the best rimfire rifles in the world in benchrest. I think it can shoot.

How much pressure is pressing on that seal. You think that at 130 bar ,that the rod moves freely. 130 bar is low but it is still 1900 psi.Could you please elaborate on why it is free moving.And that its design won't cause inconsistant travel.

Of course its doing some work and there is also 130bar on valve end also right? You're making the claim YOU elaborate as to why "this design will cause inconsistent travel". What exactly is the variable shot to shot to cause interent "inconsistency"?

This system has been used for 7 years in the Impact and had many successes in those years. You make the claim, you provide the proof that's how this works fella and why it would be inconsistent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdWWIeqAdBQ&t=3s

Looks like a 3 shot group, maybe was a 4 shot but you didn't like one of the shots. What distance is that again? Missed the rangefinder footage. If you hate everyone deleting one shot and calling it a "flyer" you can't claim to be superior and do the exact same poop. Get real.

1.5 inch group boys read it and weep.

20211127_170932.1638061817.jpg