Altaros Double Booster - B2B Edition

Altaros,

I've never had a booster so please tolerate my ignorance.

My main question is if my SCBA is at 1500 psi, how long on average will it take to fill the 410cc reservoir on my rifle from 2300 psi to 3800 psi with this new Altaros?

How about the SCBA starting at 1300 psi?

And SCBA at 1100 psi?

I'm just trying to get an idea of fill times.

That depends greatly on the amount of air supplied by your shop compressor.

The boost you describe relates to something like 13-15 strokes of the booster, they take from under a second for each stroke to 10 seconds or more. So from 15-20sec for a compressor with "unlimited" supply to 4-5 minutes for a slow pancake compressor with a small tank.

As supply pressure dwindles you can add 1 stroke and maybe 2 strokes at the bottom.

Thanks for helping me out with my question! All I have is a medium sized pancake compressor. I can handle a couple minutes but 4-5 is getting too long for me.

I better just buy a 4500 psi compressor like the Tuxing instead and fill both my SCBA's.

You didnt specify the volume of your compressor airtank!

On a 5-6gal it will do the fill up without even starting the compressor.

It's a small oil-less cheapy, probaby 2-3 gallon?? but not sure, it goes up to 140 psi.

So we can already present the final version of the B2B version of the booster.

https://youtu.be/8SnTkZn8EzE
This longer video should provide full information about all possibilities of operation and functions this new booster.
The main change compared to the first video is the introduction function of a bottle-to-bottle filling variant, where the source bottle provides compressed air for the driver booster and therefore is no need for driving workshop compressor .

Altaros double B2B Booster can already be ordered on our website: 

https://www.militaryairgun.com/compressors/153-altaros-double-booster-b2b-edition-bottle-bottle.html

Comparison of the number of filled bottles with and without the use of a B2B Booster. Drive mode - driving air only from source bottle 2 L ( no drive compressor or electricity in general is needed )

photo_2021-03-12_17-21-29.1615566282.jpg

And i learned something new (to me), the B2B has two high pressure pistons and an air splitter.

The air goes through a primary regulator splitting of 10bar~150psi for motion/work air and lets the feed air through to the boost pistons. If feed pressure is abowe recieving bottle pressure then it will just seep through until equal and from there boost will occur at every stroke.

So for every motion back and forth it will compress/boost to a full 330bar~4785psi (and way past!). That's why it's imperial to open the recieving bottle before starting the booster as it will pass through 400bar+~5800psi in the first stroke!!!

The direct feed into two high pressure pistons is why a min of 50bar~725psi is advised. It will work just fine under that pressure but at a slower pace. So it will suck a feed bottle of air/N2/H2 down to (below) some 10bar~150psi.

Yes when filling closable bottles (those with a valve) it is essential to open the valve, because if it does not open, the filling pressure only in the hose will immediately rise to pressures up to 500-600bar .

We are currently preparing an innovative variant of the Advancet booster, which will be able to be expanded with a similar pressure regulator as in the B2B version. It will therefore enable the operation of a basic booster, which can be used to fill a bottle or rifle with the help of a workshop compressor, so that it also works as a classic booster from bottle to bottle to increase the number of refills at the shooting range.

So it will be a Booster Hybrid that will fill your bottle at home and then help this bottle on the shooting range multiply for more filling of your airgun. As far as I know, there is currently a unique product on the market, combining the functions of an HP compressor and a booster.