Altaros Double Booster - B2B Edition

We have made a new version of our popular booster:

https://youtu.be/5KMzMiWrCgk

Shortcut B2B = Bottle to Bottle which means that it is primarily intended to use the low remaining pressure in the bottle to fill another smaller bottle, or PCP airgun tank.

This version therefore allows you to use the pressure below 200bar in your main bottle to fill your airgun or a small bottle to a full 300bar and thus ensure a full shot count of your airgun.

Compared to the current single-piston variants on the market, it is up to 2 times more efficient (you fill twice as many bottles) and many times faster + more other benefits and improvements.

More information you will find in the video and later on our website.

I like the concept, but don't understand how it works. Saw both bottles connected to hoses. Then there was another connection (to what?) on the right. Waiting for others with more knowledge to chime in. I'm definitely interested.

Hopefully a cheaper alternative than the $899 USA big bore self contained version that doesn't need any other hookups or compressor.

I'd rather add information. This is a video that shows use with an external drive air source (workshop compressor).
In the next video, we will show the operation, where only one bottle is used for the drive and source of compressed air. So you can use this variant on the shooting range, to increase the number of fillings of your airgun.

The only difference is that there will also be a pressure regulator in the booster, which will reduce the pressure for the drive (10bar-150PSI).
You can find this information in this video at time 3:28

Since at Altaros booster are pistons on both sides (unlike competing single-piston),so their compressive force left piston helps to right piston to compress (and vice versa ) and therefore the air consumption for the drive booster is one third of normal consumption . In other words, you only need one third drive air, which is a significant part of the air consumption when using the bottle as a source to drive the booster.

The difference between our and the competing single-piston booster will then be a more number of airgun tank refills, even though the bottle size is the same since ours booster consumes only one third of the air for the drive (text related to the residual pressure in the bottle around 200bar).

OH MAN!!! I didn't have to buy BOTH of mine since THIS NEW ONE DOES BOTH FUNCTIONS!!!

I bought the self contained one recently to top off guns in the field using 2 separate low and high pressure tanks with the manual toggle like in an old Mr Hollowpoint's video. Then the first one with the power cord to use as a SHOEBOX type passive air tank filler using a shop compressor (high CFM for painting cars) at home.

Thinking of running a T-Splitter to use one and add an inline 125psi regulator to feed the low pressure side and using the same source tank as the only tank to boost as an all in one to fill guns using a single 3000psi tank.

OH MAN!!! I didn't have to buy BOTH of mine since THIS NEW ONE DOES BOTH FUNCTIONS!!!

I bought the self contained one recently to top off guns in the field using 2 separate low and high pressure tanks with the manual toggle like in an old Mr Hollowpoint's video. Then the first one with the power cord to use as a SHOEBOX type passive air tank filler using a shop compressor (high CFM for painting cars) at home.

Thinking of running a T-Splitter to use one and add an inline 125psi regulator to feed the low pressure side and using the same source tank as the only tank to boost as an all in one to fill guns using a single 3000psi tank.

I have the original kit that supplies a 100bar~1500psi regulator to feed the hi piston directly + plumbing to reroute the inlet which feeds on 8-10bar~125-150psi. The neat thing with the new kit is that it feeds the inlet booster directly and will allow you to use the feed bottle down to some 7bar~100psi. So you can suck a Nitrogen tank DRY before returning it.

The booster is the same, the plumbing is different and if the new regulator-kit is bought an existing Altaros Booster can be changed back and forth between both configurations. Filling bottles on idle times and B2B when in a hurry or in the field.

Best of both worlds :)

http://altaros-compressor.com/2017/07/18/boostering-from-one-botle-to-another/

This is the set Chickenthief is talking about. We offer it for 25 USD (when buying with a booster) otherwise it is necessary to add shipping.
However, it is still necessary to combine it with regulation up to 100 bar. From our product, we offer this regulator for these purposes, designed primarily for permanent connection of the airgun to the bootle. 

https://www.altaros.cz/en/airforce/89-external-airgun-regulator.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=2

Of course, it can be used for both the airgun and this filling. However, it is already necessary to readjust the outlet pressures more often.

I used the same regulator when shooting the world record at 1400yards and I practically no longer shoot without directly connecting the airgun to the scuba bottle, as I'm used to the comfort that I don't have to check the airtube pressure at all.

B2B version was created in response to requests from customers who want to use rarer gases (helium, argon, nitrogen) or divers who have only a 200 bar compressor, but want to be able to fill customers with 300 bar.

Of course, it is also aimed at the shooter's airgun with high air consumption to ensure a larger number of refills from one bottle to the shooting range.

Main advantage of B2B against the set for the original version is that you can connect full pressure, not regulated to 100bar. The second advantage is the filling speed, thanks to 2 high-pressure pistons and their assistance during compression, so there is no need for a powerful drive compressor or too high consumption from the bottle intended for drive

Altaros,

I've never had a booster so please tolerate my ignorance.

My main question is if my SCBA is at 1500 psi, how long on average will it take to fill the 410cc reservoir on my rifle from 2300 psi to 3800 psi with this new Altaros?

How about the SCBA starting at 1300 psi?

And SCBA at 1100 psi?

I'm just trying to get an idea of fill times.

Altaros,

My main question is if my SCBA is at 1500 psi, how long on average will it take to fill the 410cc reservoir on my rifle from 2300 psi to 3800 psi with this new Altaros?

And SCBA at 1100 psi?

That depends greatly on the amount of air supplied by your shop compressor.

The boost you describe relates to something like 13-15 strokes of the booster, they take from under a second for each stroke to 10 seconds or more. So from 15-20sec for a compressor with "unlimited" supply to 4-5 minutes for a slow pancake compressor with a small tank.

As supply pressure dwindles you can add 1 stroke and maybe 2 strokes at the bottom.

Altaros,

And SCBA at 1100 psi?

The boost you describe relates to something like 13-15 strokes of the booster, they take from under a second for each stroke to 10 seconds or more. So from 15-20sec for a compressor with "unlimited" supply to 4-5 minutes for a slow pancake compressor with a small tank.

As supply pressure dwindles you can add 1 stroke and maybe 2 strokes at the bottom.

Thanks for helping me out with my question! All I have is a medium sized pancake compressor. I can handle a couple minutes but 4-5 is getting too long for me.

I better just buy a 4500 psi compressor like the Tuxing instead and fill both my SCBA's.

Altaros,

And SCBA at 1100 psi?

Thanks for helping me out with my question! All I have is a medium sized pancake compressor. I can handle a couple minutes but 4-5 is getting too long for me.

I better just buy a 4500 psi compressor like the Tuxing instead and fill both my SCBA's.

You didnt specify the volume of your compressor airtank!

On a 5-6gal it will do the fill up without even starting the compressor.